Author Topic: Referral Program Status  (Read 5881 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

@bytemaster --- I am going to repost my question just in case it got missed, because it's critical.

It's my understanding now that for the next 3 month or so until 2.0 is implimented any and all refers made amount to NO REFERS.

In other words, refers up to June 8th got a free membership of $100 value, but from June 8th to sometime in September.. any activities that will refer new users after the implementation of 2.0 will be a TOTAL LOSS for the referrer.

So say I am about to engage in projects that refers thousands to possibly tens of thousands of new users reaching the internet marketing space in particular.

My plans included getting a refer credit of some kind with the previous system because it was in good faith planned that these would be honored in some way.. even though we didn't know what it would amount to.

Now if there is no bridge between now and the next 3 months where new users being referred are being credited to the referrers, we got problems.

Entire businesses that planned around this are completely thrown off.

Nobody is going to refer anybody to bitshares from now and the next 3 months.

If there is some technical way to honor the referrs, like even if we have to setup our own faucet for those we refer?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

https://faucet.bitshares.org/refscoreboard

Well, that's a bummer! I launched bitaktywa.pl in January and even paid for an ad on a libertarian/finance community. It has over a hundred hits and as it turns out not one conversion...  :'(
As it turned out converting users was extremely hard, the web wallet should make for a higher conversion rate on clickthroughs I would think.

If we are credited with the specific users we referred, would we be elgible for the cut of the fees those users produces going fwd ?

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
https://faucet.bitshares.org/refscoreboard

Well, that's a bummer! I launched bitaktywa.pl in January and even paid for an ad on a libertarian/finance community. It has over a hundred hits and as it turns out not one conversion...  :'(

I got a question related to my previous question.

Say we refer 10,000+ new users over he next few months.

All those users are going to get moved to 2.0 with their names being bts-username

They will have the opportunity to register their name to the new system within 30 days.

If we are fast enough to get our faucet system setup as a registrar... would those users who move from BTS-username to Username be able to be registered as users WE referred IF they use our faucet... and likewise if they go on to register as members?

I think this would be fair. I understand there is a possibility to lose some.. but at least its not a 100% loss. It would really be up to us to have the proper communication channels with our referrers to direct them then.

So is what I am describing going to be the case? If not, will you consider doing this?

Otherwise for the next 2-3 months everyone we refer with all our projects go completely unrewarded... and when you are talking about these types of numbers that mean a difference of six figures.. I would sooner do nothing for a few months as everyone else will.

If though there will be this gap between going from BTS-user to user where the user can choose a particular registrar and we can capture thm as referrs from there.. that is fair to me.

Thanks

Where does it say there will be an opportunity to claim your name within 30 days?   I thought that was abandoned.

We thought about doing a "manual" referral program over the next 2 months but the cost to implement it would likely exceed the value produced and users would be exposed to 1.0 bugs and 2.0 would be delayed.

Sorry I must have misunderstood that and confused it with premium names.

So then to confirm my original question then.. you are saying until 2.0 is implemented all our refers will be uncounted and amount to nothing.

What if someone setup their own faucet perhaps for new accounts created.. could that somehow make the process of crediting them later possible?

I really like to be clear on this because pretty much every bitshares project I am involved in hinges on this. 

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

38PTSWarrior

I*m very happy to be in, yeehaa!

Offline bytemaster

All those users are going to get moved to 2.0 with their names being bts-username

They will have the opportunity to register their name to the new system within 30 days.

If we are fast enough to get our faucet system setup as a registrar... would those users who move from BTS-username to Username be able to be registered as users WE referred IF they use our faucet... and likewise if they go on to register as members?

I think this would be fair. I understand there is a possibility to lose some.. but at least its not a 100% loss. It would really be up to us to have the proper communication channels with our referrers to direct them then.

So is what I am describing going to be the case? If not, will you consider doing this?

Otherwise for the next 2-3 months everyone we refer with all our projects go completely unrewarded... and when you are talking about these types of numbers that mean a difference of six figures.. I would sooner do nothing for a few months as everyone else will.

If though there will be this gap between going from BTS-user to user where the user can choose a particular registrar and we can capture thm as referrs from there.. that is fair to me.

Thanks

Where does it say there will be an opportunity to claim your name within 30 days?   I thought that was abandoned.

We thought about doing a "manual" referral program over the next 2 months but the cost to implement it would likely exceed the value produced and users would be exposed to 1.0 bugs and 2.0 would be delayed.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Thanks
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
awesome I am in  :) and I intend to bring a lot of new people here once bitshares 2 is up and running..Things can only go better from here.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
does this mean all our refers for the next few months are worthless?

@bytemaster

Anyone that participated in the original referral program and converted at least 1 user to create an account prior to June 8th will get a free lifetime membership when we do the upgrade.

Cool, hopefully it includes myself (nethyb) for the initial couple of months of minebitshares referrals ...

I agree this should happen for nethyb and myself... rgcrypto is already there.

My concern now though is.. until this gets launched.. does this mean all our refers for the next few months are worthless?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
I think should be better 67% for who refer and 33% for bitshares for each suscription. I think 80% is too much.

i like to shot my foot ? be sure not.
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Anyone that participated in the original referral program and converted at least 1 user to create an account prior to June 8th will get a free lifetime membership when we do the upgrade.

Cool, hopefully it includes myself (nethyb) for the initial couple of months of minebitshares referrals ...

https://faucet.bitshares.org/refscoreboard you can check if your ID's on the list

Thanks, but when I setup the initial referrals I used the my delegate www.minebitshares-com (top referrer) rather than my actual trading username nethyb, and have since passed on the delegate to datasecuritynode in his endeavours to take the pool to the next level.

Maybe BM and the team can see their way to providing an honoury lifetime membership to us both, considering we brought in the most referrals  in the old system ;)

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16787.msg214628.html#msg214628

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

https://faucet.bitshares.org/refscoreboard you can check if your ID's on the list

Thanks, but when I setup the initial referrals I used the my delegate www.minebitshares-com (top referrer) rather than my actual trading username nethyb, and have since passed on the delegate to datasecuritynode in his endeavours to take the pool to the next level.

Maybe BM and the team can see their way to providing an honoury lifetime membership to us both, considering we brought in the most referrals  in the old system ;)

would be cool, I'd rather have fav upgraded instead of fav-marketing :)

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb