Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 899738 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I bet it was the news of the hardfork coming on Wednesday... shoot first ask questions later.

I think it was actually btc rallying really hard, which lead to panic among those who had margin longs, who started dumping and ended up wiping out the entirety of the buy support on polo, but support hit 21 btc at one point after literally everyone who was on margin got margin called at once.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I just lost all my bts because I was margin long in polo.. :'(
That is the pain you feel when you support blindly something I suppose instead of day trading like most people..
The luck of support at these levels is just so disappointing..
:(

I said a million times that margin wasnt safe.  Its horrible that you lost everything mf-tzo, hope you at least have some left.

I feel like polo margin ruined BTS.  I tried it some and got hurt by it too, but managed to cover at a loss a couple times when things were starting to go down so I never got liquidated or anything, just lost some bts.  I should never have used it.  I probably wouldve also gotten liquidated on this drop if I'd had a margin position there, but luckily I got burned enough earlier on and stopped.

I feel like I'm pretty much done with crypto at this point.  If good projects like BTS can get shit on this hard by everyone while they pump stupid crap.  There is no sanity in the market.  BTS was one of the only projects that could hope to become profitable and actually be worth holding, but it got dumped to hell.

I'll just hold a few remaining btc, and my bts and muse and brownies forever and come back a while later and see if they are still worth anything.  There is no point selling them now.   Maybe try to buy a few more btc if it has a dip.

I'm in the same boat as you Ander. Woke up to see a message on my phone that I got margin called. Lost 25 BTC. Maybe I will comeback in the future. Good luck guys.

Holy shit, we're losing people left and right. Fucking nuts. I feel for you guys. How depressing...margin truly has killed us.

Why isn't the referral system working yet? Why haven't the devs proactively helped BTC38/yunbi yet? Where do the million other promises/announcements stand? Bond market? Prediction? Stealth transfers? Bingo? Partnerships?

Just what the hell's going on?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
That is the pain you feel when you support blindly something I suppose instead of day trading like most people..

I said a million times that margin wasnt safe.  Its horrible that you lost everything mf-tzo, hope you at least have some left.

I feel like polo margin ruined BTS.  I tried it some and got hurt by it too, but managed to cover at a loss a couple times when things were starting to go down so I never got liquidated or anything, just lost some bts.  I should never have used it.  I probably wouldve also gotten liquidated on this drop if I'd had a margin position there, but luckily I got burned enough earlier on and stopped.

I feel like I'm pretty much done with crypto at this point.  If good projects like BTS can get shit on this hard by everyone while they pump stupid crap.  There is no sanity in the market.  BTS was one of the only projects that could hope to become profitable and actually be worth holding, but it got dumped to hell.

I'll just hold a few remaining btc, and my bts and muse and brownies forever and come back a while later and see if they are still worth anything.  There is no point selling them now.   Maybe try to buy a few more btc if it has a dip.

I'm in the same boat as you Ander. Woke up to see a message on my phone that I got margin called. Lost 25 BTC. Maybe I will comeback in the future. Good luck guys.

Ouch.  :( 
In total from my attemtps to margin BTS on polo, I had about 7 btc in gains and about 15 btc in losses, for a net of a bit under 10 btc lost.  Never got a margin call, multiple times I panic sold in advance to avoid them and they couldve happened if I hadnt.  But more importantly my bts isnt worth much anymore.  Wish I had more btc instead. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

If we got BTC38 online, this would sort itself out I'm sure.

That would require btc38 to become solvent first. ;)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
plus some people might be going for BTC in the hopes we get another huge rise, since I guess everyone is desperately looking for another bitcoin bubble

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I bet it was the news of the hardfork coming on Wednesday... shoot first ask questions later.

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Unfortunately it appears BTS died..No one supports even at this price..It could have been great but it appears it is game over..We played and we lost..
Very disappointing.. :'(

I would have supported it my friend...but BM closed my short at 50% above market and made me buy bitUSD for 50% more then the market price...essentially eating  most of my BTS...
 :)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:00:02 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline topcandle

If we got BTC38 online, this would sort itself out I'm sure. 

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Damn. Powerful stuff. I agree that polo margin has seriously crippled BTS. There clearly isn't the liquidity to support it at this stage. Just sucks.

Have we reached the trough of sorrow yet?

Yeah, I have, dont want to think about crypto anymore.  Probably be the bottom or something.  Sold like a million BTS earlier this week just to have some btc left in case it goes to 10k or something.  Gonna hold the rest of my bts and try to walk away from crypto for a year.

I never got my 2.0 BTS synced and imported. 
I guess I should probably try to do that, so that I dont lose the opportunity or something,  and then walk away.  Sadly, if I had only ever hodled btc I would probably be around breakeven now and would be happy about it rallying. 

I really thought 2.0 was going to be an improvement, but it was met with nothing but dumping to new lows.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Damn. Powerful stuff. I agree that polo margin has seriously crippled BTS. There clearly isn't the liquidity to support it at this stage. Just sucks.

Have we reached the trough of sorrow yet?

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

You can't be serious can you??  Mf-Tzo we told you so many times how dangerous trading on margin was... Please tell me you have some bts left.

Offline topcandle

oh noo.  Why did you do that.  Its a low liquidity environment.  Prices are extremely volatile and are manipulated easily.  Are community members should be holding, not exposing themselves to risk, 

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile