Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898753 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Quite the spike down tonight, glad I had sold some and was ready.
I bet we had a bunch of people overleveraged yet again expecting a pump into the release, and so of course they got destroyed.

We arent out of the woods on whales trying to shove it hard in either direction until well past release I think.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile

But what's up with the manipulation of the countdown ? Modified 2 times already. Pretty shameful

You complaining about the correction of the countdown timer is pretty ridiculous. 

The downside of getting a lot of attention from traders recently because of being #1 volume on polo is that all of them come and troll here.

How about you sell your BTS and leave and stick to the polo trollbox. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Who cares about a silly countdown ?

Everyone that brought the price up from 1400 to 2500-3200

:))

JS looks to be wacky.. the time of snapshot doesnt change, maybe in your head it does though.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I expected this. And a light saber to 1700-1800

But what's up with the manipulation of the countdown ? Modified 2 times already. Pretty shameful

Explanation: In the first image i had 2 tabs opened. One from yesterday and another opened recently. On top you have the old tab that shows 8 hours and then you have a modification of the timer to 12 hours. In the second image, it should've been 3 hours 58 minutes left and again was modified to 7 hours 58 LOL

Kept multiple tabs opened

stick with facts

The actual snapshot time will be the last block prior to 9:00:00AM EST. BTS 2.0 chain will then launch no later than 4PM EST.

you can find it here https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/09/11/BitShares-2.0-Launching-on-October-13th/

so who cares about a silly counter?

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Yeah.  I'm not trying to say it won't dip.  It very well could.  Even if it doesn't I highly doubt the shorts will get crushed.  It's still what Id like to see.

Yeah, not sure if it will dip much honestly. Seems to be holding up. Like you said though, I wouldn't be surprised if it did take a dive. Bitshares has lost the trust of a lot of potential buyers. Buyers who are now committed to other crap coins. Bitshare is just going to have to prove itself and take a slow ride to the top. If it can. I know I have my doubts. But we will see.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Yeah.  I'm not trying to say it won't dip.  It very well could.  Even if it doesn't I highly doubt the shorts will get crushed.  It's still what Id like to see.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I think there's a lot of people expecting the price to dip after release.  I would love nothing more than to see all those shorts get ruined.

So far, doesn't seem to be very many buyers needing to get in. Looks like all you guys tapped out on BTS buying over the past year and nobody else is scratching to get in at this point.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
I think there's a lot of people expecting the price to dip after release.  I would love nothing more than to see all those shorts get ruined. 

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Someone tried to be oversmart trying to get pricr to fall with a sell of their stash thinking they can buy on a lower price after release but they got bought up and recovery now :p.. Someones gonna be kicken themselves.

Offline kingjohal

• View Profile
I wish us luck. I will buy more tmr once everything is updated...

Tuck Fheman

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Seems so far from here. We will see what happens I guess. Alot of people are saying ETH will be the future not BTS...I don't know what to think

People have literally been shitting all over BTS continually for more than 12 months now.  Its oversold as hell and there were pretty much absolutely no believers in it among traders outside of a few people in this forum. 

EVERYONE in crypto just ignored the hell out of BTS all year and acted like it was dead, and read the FUD posts of the trolls who dredged up every imaginable excuse to try to get people to sell BTS.  All the while BTS has been getting closer to releasing an amazing new version that fixes a lot of problems from the 0.x builds, as well as building up a LOT of strategic business partnerships with a variety of different people.

It was extremely frustrating to see all the good stuff this community has been working on and seeing everyone in cryptoland just shitting on this project constantly no matter what happened. 

So yes, I am sure that lots of underinformed people think Ethereum is awesome and BTS sucks.  Ethereum did a godo job hyping and we pretty much got negative hype for 12 months straight.

Only for the past month since the release announcement has anyone out there been paying attention to BTS or giving us any good press.

You have to buy the unloved project with potential if you want to make big money, not the one everyone is already invested in that is still a year+ away from actually being ready for anything really cool to happen.

If you havent been following BTS until recently you have NO IDEA how bearish everyone has been on BTS for so long.  Pretty much the majority of even die hard members thought it was dying at various points earlier this year, me included.  The price is still down in the "we think BTS is dying" range.  Its absolutely ridiculous. 

A lot of the new traders are going to sell out of BTS on a 20%, 50% or whatever rise and take their profit, but they are going to miss the 10x when it comes.  The BTS price needs to correct up by 5-10x just to reach a reasonable level reflecting its potential.  That would take it back to where it was a year ago, when we had nothing but a shitty client and a broken bitasset system!  But now we have 2.0! 

If the referral program actually works well and the real users come in, we are talking about a 100x+ gain, not a 10x.  We are talking about bitcoin going from $2 to hundreds, over 12-24 months.
yup in crypto 2.0  utility will drive price and adoption.. rest will fall

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Seems so far from here. We will see what happens I guess. Alot of people are saying ETH will be the future not BTS...I don't know what to think

People have literally been shitting all over BTS continually for more than 12 months now.  Its oversold as hell and there were pretty much absolutely no believers in it among traders outside of a few people in this forum. 

EVERYONE in crypto just ignored the hell out of BTS all year and acted like it was dead, and read the FUD posts of the trolls who dredged up every imaginable excuse to try to get people to sell BTS.  All the while BTS has been getting closer to releasing an amazing new version that fixes a lot of problems from the 0.x builds, as well as building up a LOT of strategic business partnerships with a variety of different people.

It was extremely frustrating to see all the good stuff this community has been working on and seeing everyone in cryptoland just shitting on this project constantly no matter what happened. 

So yes, I am sure that lots of underinformed people think Ethereum is awesome and BTS sucks.  Ethereum did a godo job hyping and we pretty much got negative hype for 12 months straight.

Only for the past month since the release announcement has anyone out there been paying attention to BTS or giving us any good press.

You have to buy the unloved project with potential if you want to make big money, not the one everyone is already invested in that is still a year+ away from actually being ready for anything really cool to happen.

If you havent been following BTS until recently you have NO IDEA how bearish everyone has been on BTS for so long.  Pretty much the majority of even die hard members thought it was dying at various points earlier this year, me included.  The price is still down in the "we think BTS is dying" range.  Its absolutely ridiculous. 

A lot of the new traders are going to sell out of BTS on a 20%, 50% or whatever rise and take their profit, but they are going to miss the 10x when it comes.  The BTS price needs to correct up by 5-10x just to reach a reasonable level reflecting its potential.  That would take it back to where it was a year ago, when we had nothing but a shitty client and a broken bitasset system!  But now we have 2.0! 

If the referral program actually works well and the real users come in, we are talking about a 100x+ gain, not a 10x.  We are talking about bitcoin going from $2 to hundreds, over 12-24 months.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Interesting. Supply should be dropping pretty quick then...2.5 billion sounds like a ton but its really not if you think about it.

Its best to think in terms of market caps, not quantity of coins or price of one coin.

Interesting. Thanks. Im kind of a noob but im glad I stumbled upon this coin. Something feels right. I hope tomorrow goes smooth and I will invest more. I hope to see this at 2 cents USD at least. or 8k satoshi as many say.

I would still be at a loss on my early BTS purchases at those prices! :P

Its about decentralization while being a processing blockchain aswell as settlement one. With 1 sec blocktimes at 100k tps theres nothing that comes close. No other chain even comes close while providing decentralization as bts. If bts can prove 100k tps on a testnet on roids it will replace eth as the goto coin of the future. Eth is good too but its more about algorithms onchain rather than currency.. bts aims to kinda do both once smart contracts are available although i think a bridge between bts and eth would allow room for
both as eth are experts in smart contracts and bts are experts in assets and dpos.

Bitcoin is a settlement chain and to do processing it needs lightning transactions implemented which is an external service and useful for micro transactions and not as goodfor bigger transactions as its assumed people will pay for security although if bts can do processing without the need for external services it removes the need to add an extra layer of complication to the end user.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 12:03:00 am by jsidhu »

Offline kingjohal

• View Profile

Interesting. Supply should be dropping pretty quick then...2.5 billion sounds like a ton but its really not if you think about it.

Its best to think in terms of market caps, not quantity of coins or price of one coin.

Interesting. Thanks. Im kind of a noob but im glad I stumbled upon this coin. Something feels right. I hope tomorrow goes smooth and I will invest more. I hope to see this at 2 cents USD at least. or 8k satoshi as many say.

I would still be at a loss on my early BTS purchases at those prices! :P