Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 898455 times)

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo
No worries. The price is now at the low end of the expected range. If you're bullish, this is the buy zone.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:03:14 am by werneo »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
<time to act all worried and depressed so the whales will think people have given up and sold, and then they will finally take us higher>
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
No idea anymore.  As long as youre long with no margin youre safe no matter what comes.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Neuromancer

For the scenario of a downward swing before the eventual rise, what do you chaps think the likeliest lowest point will be in that swing?

wrong place to ask... you must ask shorters.... what about cagara?  :P

I'm not a shorter, but long and I'm still trying to construct that possible scenario, just because it can be helpful to consider the possible future price paths, even if considering what you surmise is a lower likelihood path : )
I agree with what many of you are saying, in a down scenario 2500's will see a lot of resistance.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 08:06:35 pm by Neuromancer »

Offline werneo

• View Profile
At this moment 2525 is the bottom the channel. By Saturday that will rise to 2550. The upper limits are 2690 today and about 2660 by Saturday. Any significant break outside of the pennant will portend a bigger move in either direction.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
id say 24xx max but looking at 2500-2530 as possible point
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
For the scenario of a downward swing before the eventual rise, what do you chaps think the likeliest lowest point will be in that swing?

~2550

~2100 but only instantly 

Tuck Fheman

~2550

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

wrong place to ask... you must ask shorters.... what about cagara?  :P

Offline Neuromancer

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
The longer we go sideways in this narrow range with a single bearwhale trying to suppress price, move will increasingly favor upside swing : )
Best of luck to you all.

+5% +5% :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline werneo

• View Profile
the pennant keeps stretching....
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 04:03:50 am by werneo »

Offline Neuromancer

A pleasure to read all of your 2 cents and analyses and nice to see a few of you from Polo.

I agree that as volatility smooths like the surface of a lake bts is preparing for it's next major move. As others have said it may be a major upside swing, or a temporary downward one. My money's on another rise, but I have enough collateral to cover a temporary downward swing. If there is a downward swing, buying will likely be ferocious. As near as I can tell next upward swing should go between 3950 to a bit over 4k. Next base being around 3.5k to 3600.
Even though this looks like it will be resolved in the coming days, I suppose the last possibility is bts starts to favor upside swing with Cagera continuing to sell into it, casuing price to slip sideways in a narrow range longer than expected. Cagera likely won't sell below this price range, unless an attempt is made to try and force a downward slide, which may or may not rebound quickly. If market sentiment is positive and it's mostly one bearwhale trying to put downward pressure on price, then that'd seem to favor a quick bounce. At that point Cagera might cut their losses and close. The longer we go sideways in this narrow range with a single bearwhale trying to suppress price, move will increasingly favor upside swing : )
Best of luck to you all.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 06:06:17 pm by Neuromancer »

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I have not placed any sell orders either because 1) i would hate to transfer my coins to a centralized exchange and have them hacked or whatever and 2) withdrawing coins from there is a pain and 3) I know i'll be able to do the same using the DEX and get a good price whenver I choose post release. and 4) by then i may not even want to sell :)
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
well I thought  he will be called at 2800 and I removed everything...nobody else did so, so I re-placed my order at 3500... preferring my own interest like the rest of us :)

Why not remove your sell orders at least until we break out?  Personally, I have not placed any sell orders at all since I don't plan to sell even a small chunk anytime soon.  I could start strategically placing a few sell orders at much higher prices, but that adds to the total available on the ask side, which as you know is a number that is displayed on the Poloniex order book.  People do look at that, so I would like that number to be as small as possible.
You must be new around hare?

First off, I personally have invested in this project and have seen my early buys  loosing 90% of its value. Significant portion of said loses  due to intentional decision of the leadership and/or not caring about  investors like me and the share price. That is on the "I don't plan to sell even a small chunk anytime soon" part.

Second, you must not realize it but even if all my sell orders get filled I will still be 125-130% long BTS.

and last but not least - The person who is not buying BTS at 15Mil market cap because of "too many" sell orders on the order book is a complete idiot that neither deserve nor should posses even a single bitshare.

so, in short I do not care about your 'break out', I do care about having as many as possible bitshares by the 13th.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.