Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 900644 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Wow so soon we might have a 100btc buy at market price, assuming price doesn't drop? That would mean a whale who just keeps shorting BTS might have a significant loss, nice. Maybe we'll have less shorts once that happens and people get afraid
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
Come on, nobody's that stupid [emoji14]

Maybe he's trying to talk it up so he can go short.  Why would you tell anyone you are short, unless you want them to think that you are?

Ego.

Cagara has been spewing hate for bts for weeks.  He's been shorting for a while too.
Are there good reasons for his hate?

Not that I'm aware of. He is a trader who likes to boast about trading psychologies, and likes to reveal his position and intent. Hate? No... just greed.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Come on, nobody's that stupid [emoji14]

Maybe he's trying to talk it up so he can go short.  Why would you tell anyone you are short, unless you want them to think that you are?

Ego.

Cagara has been spewing hate for bts for weeks.  He's been shorting for a while too.
Are there good reasons for his hate?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Come on, nobody's that stupid :P

Ego.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I would continue to sell guys. The price outlook is not looking good for the next month or so. We will see new all time lows when 2.0 drops.

Im curious if this 100btc short sell order that r0ach mentions at bitcointalk is yours Blazin?  :)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171109.msg12531970#msg12531970

Its someone names cagara, who has been saying he is short over 4M bts.

chryspano

I would continue to sell guys. The price outlook is not looking good for the next month or so. We will see new all time lows when 2.0 drops.

Im curious if this 100btc short sell order that r0ach mentions at bitcointalk is yours Blazin?  :)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171109.msg12531970#msg12531970

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
A 10% edge is pretty huge, i dont think theres a trader in this forum that can do that, in general it will tend towards 50/50 with a few percent edge factoring in spreads and costs. Although some years may seem better others may be negative. If you have traded 100 times with 60% win rate maybe you should try expinential trade sizes to try to get rich quick.

In the end the strategy that works best long term are those that remove initial outlay and let your winners run. Thats buy and hold with making back your initial investment. Essentially removing risk and lesving reward.

If you are lucky this year go for it.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:25:21 am by jsidhu »
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
BTS looking more and more bullish with every short term higher high and higher low.  WE'll break 2800 soon adn the start rocketing I think.
Maybe... but should never go against the grain which is up since we know a new release is coming and theres interest. To me doesnt make sense to try to trade minor swings because it will be net negative if you happen to miss big moves.

Making 2% a week short term trading bts will make you more money than holding bts ever could.  People get too focused on hitting home runs that go up 10x.  There is a reason compound interest was called the eight wonder of the world.

Negative.  You won't get the swings right consistently.  Not on a single asset anyway.  Your best bet is to hold for not just a 10x, but 100x or 1000x+ gain.  Sell a very small portion of your stash here and there on the way up and if you are lucky you may get to buy back at a cheaper price.  Of course it's kind of a long shot whether we see those gains or not, but Bitshares has the best potential of anything I see out there.  For those who weren't vested in the 2013 bitcoin bull market, it was a bad idea to sell because you may never see those prices again, especially during the spring bull, and it happened very quickly.  If Ander's call for a third wave is correct, then bitshares will see something very similar at some point.

Actually it's positive.  If u can be right 60% of the time and even have a 1:1 return vs loss you can start with 5 grand and be a millionaire within 200-400 trades.  If u can generate trades daily u could turn that 5 grand into a million in less than 5 years.  Even if Bitshares explodes you still won't beat compounding interest effect of small trades.

If you want to learn more about how small repeatable wins wipe the floor with home run/lotto guesses, I suggest you download the Ritchie rule app.  It's a simulator designed by one of the most famous traders ever and it's only 99 cents.

Offline Blazin8888

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
BTS looking more and more bullish with every short term higher high and higher low.  WE'll break 2800 soon adn the start rocketing I think.
Maybe... but should never go against the grain which is up since we know a new release is coming and theres interest. To me doesnt make sense to try to trade minor swings because it will be net negative if you happen to miss big moves.

Making 2% a week short term trading bts will make you more money than holding bts ever could.  People get too focused on hitting home runs that go up 10x.  There is a reason compound interest was called the eight wonder of the world.

Negative.  You won't get the swings right consistently.  Not on a single asset anyway.  Your best bet is to hold for not just a 10x, but 100x or 1000x+ gain.  Sell a very small portion of your stash here and there on the way up and if you are lucky you may get to buy back at a cheaper price.  Of course it's kind of a long shot whether we see those gains or not, but Bitshares has the best potential of anything I see out there.  For those who weren't vested in the 2013 bitcoin bull market, it was a bad idea to sell because you may never see those prices again, especially during the spring bull, and it happened very quickly.  If Ander's call for a third wave is correct, then bitshares will see something very similar at some point.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
There was a time for selling to try to buy back lower, but it has passed and the bottom was near 2350.  We are now moving back up.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

True but 2% a week is tough especially scaled up

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile