Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 519232 times)

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
Re: Bitshares price discussion
« Reply #3075 on: July 13, 2016, 05:24:46 pm »
I think BTS is far below the market cap it could be. Once people realize that SteemDollars are maintained by the same principle as  BTS assets. But really this rise has nothing to do with Steem's rise. Steem goes up, BTS goes up (awareness); steem goes down, BTS goes up (escape to safe-haven).

But really... I think Steem could get bigger than Bitcoin. It's just such a brilliant distribution model.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: July 13, 2016, 07:07:59 pm »
What I don't understand is how come almost 20% of market cap of BTS get traded in 24h and the price don't seem to move that much? Are there that many people that are only waiting for the price to rise to dump their BTS? It really looks similar to the other pumps that were stopped right from the beginning by dumpers

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

chryspano

« Reply #3077 on: July 13, 2016, 09:16:07 pm »
Maybe they think they can buy again later cheaper, when the next wave of whining, crying and FUDing begins...

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: July 13, 2016, 09:23:04 pm »
What I don't understand is how come almost 20% of market cap of BTS get traded in 24h and the price don't seem to move that much? Are there that many people that are only waiting for the price to rise to dump their BTS? It really looks similar to the other pumps that were stopped right from the beginning by dumpers

Do you believe the volume is organic trading and not bots or 3rd party exchange nonsense?

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
« Reply #3079 on: July 13, 2016, 10:01:47 pm »

Do you believe the volume is organic trading and not bots or 3rd party exchange nonsense?

Looks like it's all organic, and largely driven by BTC38. They trade millions of BTS at a time like it's nothing lol.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
« Reply #3080 on: July 13, 2016, 11:07:45 pm »

Looks like it's all organic, and largely driven by BTC38. They trade millions of BTS at a time like it's nothing lol.

Substantial volume on Polo, too.  163M BTS traded in last 24 hours.  I think we're under accumulation.  And bid support growing.  I think big moves are about to occur.

Offline yvv

• View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: July 13, 2016, 11:34:32 pm »
Why all those a$$holes don't trade on DEX?

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2
« Reply #3082 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:47 am »
Why all those a$$holes don't trade on DEX?

Trading on the DEX is picking up slowly but surely.  Actually, it seems to be accelerating as today has seen an increase of more than 50% in terms of orders filled.  Still, we could speed things up by rewarding liquidity providers and perhaps running a contest for traders.  That would give a boost to both sides of the equation (maker and taker) and would help leverage the fact that we're also seeing an increase in new users. 

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: July 14, 2016, 01:27:28 am »
Over 300btc buy support on polo.  Usually hangs around 100-150 so this has a shot to increase short term.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: July 14, 2016, 01:38:34 am »
Looks like this Steem bull run might be good for Bitshares after all...

lol, I brought tons of BTS just by judging the candle chart before STEEM even come online .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

chryspano

« Reply #3085 on: July 14, 2016, 01:43:08 am »
lol, I brought tons of BTS just by judging the candle chart before STEEM even come online .

Pics or it didn't happen!  :) :)

chryspano

« Reply #3086 on: July 14, 2016, 01:46:14 am »
Fuck Dan!

And Fuck Steem!

Oops, sorry,

Weren't we all just bitching about Dan and STEEM?

lol

We almost at that point again!

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: July 14, 2016, 01:57:41 am »
Fuck Dan!

And Fuck Steem!

Oops, sorry,

Weren't we all just bitching about Dan and STEEM?

Lol, he made many people happy, and some quite wealthy in the last couple of weeks, particularly those who followed and invested in STEEM right from the beginning. I'm not one of them, and I won't be bitching about that for sure, because that's how life works.

I do believe what's happening with STEEM will increase awareness about Bitshares. I still don't know how it will improve trading on the DEX and the market cap in the long term though.

Exciting times ahead!

Offline oldman

• View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: July 15, 2016, 06:01:38 am »
Substantial volume on Polo, too.  163M BTS traded in last 24 hours.  I think we're under accumulation.  And bid support growing.  I think big moves are about to occur.

Smart money is realizing the Bitshares core dev team just got a huge influx of capital, the lead dev is now a benevolent whale... and all Bitshares needs to go full-moon is a well capitalized core dev team and benevolent whale.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: July 15, 2016, 06:21:31 am »

Smart money is realizing the Bitshares core dev team just got a huge influx of capital, the lead dev is now a benevolent whale... and all Bitshares needs to go full-moon is a well capitalized core dev team and benevolent whale.

Steem is the best thing that happens to bts.  I have a feeling once they stabilize steem, they can keep improving on bts...