Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 897776 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
We will most likely double these prices before a top is set.. Any pullback is a buy right now

I agree, thats why I bought it at .044.  Might just be that the low was 1 dump lower than that, at .04. Its refusing to stay at .04, bounces up to .043 each time.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 08:51:51 pm by Ander »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I'm surprised someone with $40K doesn't just come in and buy BTS and short the hell out of those desperate bids. Or is the issue that they may have to cover a month from now?

I'm still unclear what the latest rules are. Can you short at higher prices now? Would a short order above be matched by a regular buy?

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
We will most likely double these prices before a top is set.. Any pullback is a buy right now
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

Offline allseeinguy

Only a few weeks ago the market cap was 8-9M USD. There's a lot of dumping (profiting) now as a result. Remember not everyone see's bitshares as a long term investment, to some its just another coin to play with.

Tuck Fheman

Offline Riverhead

Turned out to be bad, the support level broke.  Was hoping it would hold.

This corrective phase is dragging on.  The low volume pullback continues.
It surprises me that the price is doing so poorly when we are having all this news.  I'd expect one sell the news event, but now we are having news every week, with actual press articles, and its going nowhere.

Maybe BJ2.O is cashing out so he doesn't have to go hungry in the desert. ;) It's sinful to sell at these prices!
A moment of thanks for the siners.

Tuck Fheman

It surprises me that the price is doing so poorly when we are having all this news.  I'd expect one sell the news event, but now we are having news every week, with actual press articles, and its going nowhere.

Maybe BJ2.O is cashing out so he doesn't have to go hungry in the desert. ;) It's sinful to sell at these prices!

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Got another 120k BTS in the .0440s.  It'll probably either be terrible timing or awesome timing, but I dont know which yet.

:-\

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Got another 120k BTS in the .0440s.  It'll probably either be terrible timing or awesome timing, but I dont know which yet.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
also consider that the BTS market cap has run up to about $20M from $8M a month ago...not a bad gain  :)

When you consider that it was in the 40-50M range to start the year it doesnt look like a gain anymore. :P
[/quote]

ha, yeah i hear ya! anchoring, though, my cyber friend...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I believe a "slow" but continuous growth is definitely more sustainable than 15-20% daily increases.

Same here...volatility shocks like this can be appealing to new adopters when they're positive, but scare way too many people away on the negative side. I'd rather see slow and steady growth, but I don't think that's in the cards for the early stages of this industry.

I believe it's the prospect of Greek capital controls, we witnessed a similar situation after Cryprus, crypto-currencies really took off.

In terms of percentage gains LTC & DGC could be the big winners,  followed by NXT & possibly PPC etc, then Bitcoin itself.

The one's that will increase but benefit the least from the Greece effect would be Ripple, BitShares, Stellar, MaidSafe and Ethereum if it's trading.

also consider that the BTS market cap has run up to about $20M from $8M a month ago...not a bad gain  :)

When you consider that it was in the 40-50M range to start the year it doesnt look like a gain anymore. :P

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I believe a "slow" but continuous growth is definitely more sustainable than 15-20% daily increases.

Same here...volatility shocks like this can be appealing to new adopters when they're positive, but scare way too many people away on the negative side. I'd rather see slow and steady growth, but I don't think that's in the cards for the early stages of this industry.

I believe it's the prospect of Greek capital controls, we witnessed a similar situation after Cryprus, crypto-currencies really took off.

In terms of percentage gains LTC & DGC could be the big winners,  followed by NXT & possibly PPC etc, then Bitcoin itself.

The one's that will increase but benefit the least from the Greece effect would be Ripple, BitShares, Stellar, MaidSafe and Ethereum if it's trading.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I didn't believe I would say this but it appears that Greeks are waking up with crypto...Over the last week I had a lot of people start asking me about bitcoin...Same people that were ignoring me for the last 2 years..lol...

What I always believed and worked quite well for me in the past, is that when bitcoin goes up, all other explode...So if there are capital controls in Greece (which I am pretty soon will have sooner or later) and speculation about bitcoin goes mad (irrespective if Greeks are buying or not) then Bitshares and other will explode in price (irrespective if Greeks are buying or not..)

So all in all prepare yourselves for huge rises in crypto because bad things are definitely coming in Greece..And when this happens if bitcoin goes +100% rise within a week, bitshares will be +500% within the same period..The only difference will be that once all bull madness stops, hopefully bitshares 2 will be ready for mass adoption and Greeks may actually start buying biteuros...And then Bitshares will be unstopable...Don't forget that this small country has a lot of very wealthy people, shipowners etc..A couple of those buying biteur and Bitshares will overtake bitcoin.Think twice now before you dump your bitshares for peanuts...

you'd know better than most of us on here, but it does seem like a good deal of financial repression is heading your way in Greece. It'd be great to see more people protect themselves via crypto, even if it's just a transmission vehicle to get funds out of country.