Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887202 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Don't underestimate a domino effect...
don't overestimate the ratio in decentralized markets .. hint: LTC  ;D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Don't underestimate a domino effect...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Because of capital control in Greece I expect BTC to increase the next days from citizens from other European Country's in fear they could be the next victims....

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
What logical rationale is there for LTC to be worth nearly 10 times BTS?  ???

LTC currently has real usage as a tumbler for Bitcoin.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
What logical rationale is there for LTC to be worth nearly 10 times BTS?  ???

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Freaking Litecoins.

$$$$$  8) 8) 8)

Litecoin is still considered the next crypto-currency should Bitcoin run into problems and is also coming up to a block reward halving which could significantly reduce selling pressure. Combined I wouldn't be surprised to see the LiteCoin rally continue strongly. 

Capital controls this weekend possibly for Greece could be good for all crypto too if it actually happens this time.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The market hasnt bought up the new bts release as of yet.

The market has sold the new BTS release, because they swallowed all the FUD about Cryptonomex.

so i think they will need to see a proof of concept.

Indeed, we need the release.  I think 100k TPS is incredibly exciting, but peopel are going to have to see it in order to believe it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
It would be really helpful if bitcoin could start moving higher... Right now btc is still the lead dog and a jump in price would grab a lot of crypto media attention.  That would bring in more outsiders and give them more of a reason to look at alts like bts... Once they own bitcoin it becomes much easier and less expensive for them to move to bts, not to mention getting over the mental hurdle of buying crypto to begin with.

Yes I said many times that when the REAL altcoin craze happens it will be in coordination with btc unlike the other times.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
dogecoin is even doing better than bts... seems bts bears are too strong and dogecoin bears not enough of them... more volume in doge too. THe market hasnt bought up the new bts release as of yet.. so i think they will need to see a proof of concept. Right now all coins rising.. and then the coins with bigger bears are being dragged down... i do think we will rise so not a time to sell unless you think you can get better gains in another coin.. but thats a dumb move IMO at this point because its negligible difference at this point.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Freaking Litecoins.

BTS has spent over a month now correcting.  We should be ready to move. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
It would be really helpful if bitcoin could start moving higher... Right now btc is still the lead dog and a jump in price would grab a lot of crypto media attention.  That would bring in more outsiders and give them more of a reason to look at alts like bts... Once they own bitcoin it becomes much easier and less expensive for them to move to bts, not to mention getting over the mental hurdle of buying crypto to begin with.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Only a few weeks ago the market cap was 8-9M USD. There's a lot of dumping (profiting) now as a result. Remember not everyone see's bitshares as a long term investment, to some its just another coin to play with.

exactly...crypto markets are so illiquid considering that they're globally accessible, so prices are even more so driven by marginal traders who can have very short term anchor points. someone buying in at $8M market cap would have every justification to close out their trade at these prices and feel good about themselves. they may not feel as good about themselves when it's at $80M or $800M, but so be it...

Every time the market cap of BTS will increase significantly, we'll see traders cashing out their profit, satisfied they made a good return on their investment. They'll be looking for the next pump on another alt. So each big rise will be followed by a retreat of the price. But each retreat following a rise will leave BTS at a higher market cap then before. Include in this mix the fact that more and more clients will be using the Bitshares blockchain and you've got organic growth. So instead of a period of stable/declining prices after a retreat while waiting the next pump, the price will continue to steadily increase. I don't have a crystal ball, but I believe BTS is in for a wild ride in the next 12 to 18 months.

Offline allseeinguy

Only a few weeks ago the market cap was 8-9M USD. There's a lot of dumping (profiting) now as a result. Remember not everyone see's bitshares as a long term investment, to some its just another coin to play with.
when it's at $80M or $800M, but so be it...

Now THAT sir is what I'm expecting to see !

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

exactly...crypto markets are so illiquid considering that they're globally accessible, so prices are even more so driven by marginal traders who can have very short term anchor points. someone buying in at $8M market cap would have every justification to close out their trade at these prices and feel good about themselves. they may not feel as good about themselves when it's at $80M or $800M, but so be it...

Tuck Fheman

Remember NXT had a value of near 100million last year as well and they are down to 11million.

I'm going to piss off some NXT'rs (again), but that was mostly due to the massive pump & dump we warned them* about before it ever happened.

* my assumption. some say they, the big boys of NXT, were in on it, you be the judge, go read their forum from last summer.