Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887471 times)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
indeed awesome. I didn't know I could do this..On the other side don't you think is a bit dangerous to have more than 100k BTS in a centralized exchange? I have done the same with my 30k bts and still I don't feel very comfortably leaving my precious there..

on another note Hellenic coin dropped today in place 142 in cmc..lol..so confidence in crypto has been restored...

I personally would not sell a single BTS at these prices. I cannot imagine why anyone would think of cashing out into USD unless they are desperate for money.

This is the accumulation phase we are in. We should be grateful for these low prices because this allows us to become whales. Someone is going to accumulate over 10 million BTS and how much will that be worth when the price is 10 cents? On top of that Bitshares 2.0 will be so useful that even at 10 cents it might be the best place to speculate and to park wealth.

Personally, I wouldn't even think about selling when the price is below 50 cents, and possibly over $1.  Bitshares could go for $1 each if the market cap reaches a few billion which is actually quite trivial if some of the Forex money comes in. Bitshares 2.0 has to prove itself by showing it really can do 100,000 tps, and it has to find ways to make use of the liquidity if people want to put it in.

Bitcoin cannot accept the liquidity because of the low scalability. Bitshares 2.0 should be able to accept the liquidity in the billions easily. It could accept that right now, with 0.9, so 2.0 the sky is the limit. Bitshares 2.0 might take some time to mature but once volume goes up it will become incredibly useful and there is nothing else like it. Also it cannot be ported to Ethereum 1.0 because Ethereum can't handle it yet.

This means for possibly over a year Bitshares 2.0 should have free reign to find it's niche and mature. Bitshares 2.5 could be developed during this time and perhaps integrate with Medici if Overstock allows.

lol..who said anything about selling BTS at these levels? I didn't sell when it was $80 mil market cap I am not that crazy to sell now...
The question was whether we should loan these bts to poloniex traders who want to margin trade and we earn some interest on our BTS. After thinking about it I have personally moved those BTS away from Polo and bought some cheap Brownies...Not sure if this was the right choice (maybe I should just keep my BTS) but BMs "appreciation" is always good to have from my point of view and definitely is worth more than a small BTS interest from Poloniex traders.
Another solution would be to use them as collateral to short bitassets which also most probably will be more worthy than a small interest from Polo but this involves more risk which I cannot afford right now anymore..

Offline topcandle

Why can't ethereum handle bitshares right now?  What are the technical challenges?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
indeed awesome. I didn't know I could do this..On the other side don't you think is a bit dangerous to have more than 100k BTS in a centralized exchange? I have done the same with my 30k bts and still I don't feel very comfortably leaving my precious there..

on another note Hellenic coin dropped today in place 142 in cmc..lol..so confidence in crypto has been restored...

I personally would not sell a single BTS at these prices. I cannot imagine why anyone would think of cashing out into USD unless they are desperate for money.

This is the accumulation phase we are in. We should be grateful for these low prices because this allows us to become whales. Someone is going to accumulate over 10 million BTS and how much will that be worth when the price is 10 cents? On top of that Bitshares 2.0 will be so useful that even at 10 cents it might be the best place to speculate and to park wealth.

Personally, I wouldn't even think about selling when the price is below 50 cents, and possibly over $1.  Bitshares could go for $1 each if the market cap reaches a few billion which is actually quite trivial if some of the Forex money comes in. Bitshares 2.0 has to prove itself by showing it really can do 100,000 tps, and it has to find ways to make use of the liquidity if people want to put it in.

Bitcoin cannot accept the liquidity because of the low scalability. Bitshares 2.0 should be able to accept the liquidity in the billions easily. It could accept that right now, with 0.9, so 2.0 the sky is the limit. Bitshares 2.0 might take some time to mature but once volume goes up it will become incredibly useful and there is nothing else like it. Also it cannot be ported to Ethereum 1.0 because Ethereum can't handle it yet.

This means for possibly over a year Bitshares 2.0 should have free reign to find it's niche and mature. Bitshares 2.5 could be developed during this time and perhaps integrate with Medici if Overstock allows.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:31:04 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

The price is dropping because of the sharedrop for Brownie Points.  Its as if your saying, we think 20% of the value of this DAC belongs to my funny money.  So as a result, Bitshares is dropping downwards to met the value of Brownie Points. 

Offline betax

• View Profile
Yes I was thinking about doing exactly the same... but remember the issues that had poloniex  a while ago.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Yup, I would love to be able to do this within BitShares. No way am I going to trust a third party exchange with my babies.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
There are people shorting BTS right now on polo.  I've got more than 100k out on loan now. 

People are paying my free BTS for the privilege of getting margin called when this goes back up, love it. ;)
lol

what an awesome strategy .. +1

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
There are people shorting BTS right now on polo.  I've got more than 100k out on loan now. 

People are paying my free BTS for the privilege of getting margin called when this goes back up, love it. ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I'm still trying to figure out how only 6 days ago BTS had a market cap of $13.5 million, and today a cap of $9.8 million. What changed in the span of 6 days to cause a 27.5% drop? Other than bitcoin crashing a bit I guess...

Also everyone is obsessed with Ethereum.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I'm still trying to figure out how only 6 days ago BTS had a market cap of $13.5 million, and today a cap of $9.8 million. What changed in the span of 6 days to cause a 27.5% drop? Other than bitcoin crashing a bit I guess...

My only answer is that the markets are just too thin and unreasonable right now. Nothing's changed fundamentally over the course of 6 days, and the BTS 2.0 launch still seems to be on track. Just seems to be people riding the trends.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Seriously, stop watching cmc ever day. Look at the technology behind BitShares vs all the rest. Even without 2.0 we've got'm beat.

^This... but I know sometimes is fun to be Chicken Little.. and scream the sky is falling. :) It sort of fits into many peoples mindset here for what first attracted them to BitShares.. so it's natural.

It's always the darkest hour before the break of dawn.. press on to meet the 2.0 dawn. ;)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
let me just take the opportunity and say @ kencode and ccedk that I like you a lot both of you and you guys definitely deserve a lot of Brownies. You are both doing a great job promoting BTS and re instate lost confidence when the price tanks..so thanks! :)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Seriously, stop watching cmc ever day. Look at the technology behind BitShares vs all the rest. Even without 2.0 we've got'm beat.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
the only problem is that some of us just don't have any money to invest in anything anymore..

I wish I have sold some BTS when we had decent market caps so I could have some funds to invest now and buy back x5 my original stake..I don't mind if it takes 1 month to launch or 5 more years BTS to reach its potential. I am just frustrated that new comers can just buy BTS at these levels when long term bagholders like my self bought them x5-6 of current prices and kept them (PTS, BTS) for the last 2 years..I mean keeping something for so long and supporting it should somehow be rewarding but instead the market punished us.. I know life is unfair and everyone is responsible for his actions..

So a word of advice for the new money here: Now is your chance to get a very nice piece of the pie.

and something for people who sold at high levels : Don't be too greedy. Don't kill the price so you can accumulate more and more. Start supporting the prices again before BTS goes to the levels of the abyss and there is no coming back from there..

dont worry so much @mf-tzo when price is around 0,08 USD end of year, I think you wont think of how much you paid, but more about what to buy for it all. I have a feeling christmas wont come early this, but when it comes there will be presents for all who believed in Bitshares ;) :)
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015