Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887223 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
I'm just surprised that there seems to be a lot of heavy BTS selling atm.

It is surprising, but makes sense when you realize this is the accumulation phase (as luckybit pointed out)...it's pretty much a no-brainer that BTS is going to be worth more come closer to launch, so this would be an obvious time to build up a nice healthy stash before everyone else starts clamoring for BTS.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
What are the odds the selling is from large CNX holders and they plan to announce an Ethereum App in the next few months?

Like Augur?

Maybe.

Graphene is a far superior platform but if Ethereum continues gaining popularity and network effect I wonder if there wouldn't be more incentive for CNX to build on top of Ethereum?

They might be able to raise a few million dollars with an Augur-style crowdfund and also have a larger market of customers.

That makes no sense.  Why do you need Bitshares on Ethereum if you have Augur?

I don't follow Ethereum much but I thought Augur was just a prediction market.

CNX may want to put their own version of BitAssets onto Ethereum for example, like Rune is trying to do. Or perhaps a bond market.

The point is that if Ethereum gets the network effect then a company made up of talented developers like CNX who's interests aren't directly aligned with BTS may want to build profitable Apps on Ethereum.

And all the time they spent on BitShares would go to waste as they would give in to the competition? I mean, it's a possible scenario, I just don't see it happen. Not that soon at least. If they stayed by BitShares up until now, they won't go away that easily. But that's just me, who some could call naive, but I feel I can trust the devs. The current ones.

Hmm... Yes I think you're right, it's extremely unlikely that they would already consider that angle/outcome. I'm just surprised that there seems to be a lot of heavy BTS selling atm.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Still learning about Bitshares but feel like it's both technically (from a trading standpoint) and fundamentally (from a project and news standpoint) undervalued right now and just purchased 1 million on Poloniex with a 0.000017 average (Cashed out a minor part of my Ether crowdsale holdings). Just wanted to say hi here and will be following the thread.
If you want to buy a lot of BTS, our site BlockTrades probably can get you better prices, and it's much safer than trading on a centralized exchange (your money doesn't sit for long outside of your wallet). See the link below in my signature...
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
What are the odds the selling is from large CNX holders and they plan to announce an Ethereum App in the next few months?

Like Augur?

Maybe.

Graphene is a far superior platform but if Ethereum continues gaining popularity and network effect I wonder if there wouldn't be more incentive for CNX to build on top of Ethereum?

They might be able to raise a few million dollars with an Augur-style crowdfund and also have a larger market of customers.

CNX may want to put their own version of BitAssets onto Ethereum for example, like Rune is trying to do. Or perhaps a bond market.

The point is that if Ethereum gets the network effect then a company made up of talented developers like CNX who's interests aren't directly aligned with BTS may want to build profitable Apps on Ethereum.

And all the time they spent on BitShares would go to waste as they would give in to the competition? I mean, it's a possible scenario, I just don't see it happen. Not that soon at least. If they stayed by BitShares up until now, they won't go away that easily. But that's just me, who some could call naive, but I feel I can trust the devs. The current ones.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Like Augur?

Maybe.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 07:25:05 pm by Empirical1.2 »

Offline topcandle

Like Augur?

Maybe.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I seriously doubt that selling 30k BTS for Brownies is the reason that BTS value is dropping..I don't think that people will start dumping BTS for Brownies..Especially when Brownies have absolutely no strings attached, haven't promissed officially any sharedrop of anything in the future and can magically dissapear from your wallet if BM chooses to..

On the contrary I would say that people started to dump Brownies in order to buy BTS..

What are Brownies? Sorry, noob.

The founder and lead developer on BitShares recently started Brownies to reward people for their contributions.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17354.0.html

They were recently given 20% equity in a new venture called IDentabit

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,96.0.html   (Active BS community allocation)

There's speculation they may be awarded equity in CNX - a separate company recently set up by the developers that owns the rights to the new platform, Graphene,  that is being released on BitShares in the next few months.

You can also purchase Brownies in the wallet, but they are subject to dilution at any time & possible confiscation if the lead developer doesn't like you/your actions because they're kind of his personal reward tokens.

Personally I'm not a fan.

Offline Portabello75

• View Profile
I seriously doubt that selling 30k BTS for Brownies is the reason that BTS value is dropping..I don't think that people will start dumping BTS for Brownies..Especially when Brownies have absolutely no strings attached, haven't promissed officially any sharedrop of anything in the future and can magically dissapear from your wallet if BM chooses to..

On the contrary I would say that people started to dump Brownies in order to buy BTS..

What are Brownies? Sorry, noob.

Offline Portabello75

• View Profile
Still learning about Bitshares but feel like it's both technically (from a trading standpoint) and fundamentally (from a project and news standpoint) undervalued right now and just purchased 1 million on Poloniex with a 0.000017 average (Cashed out a minor part of my Ether crowdsale holdings). Just wanted to say hi here and will be following the thread.

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Like Augur?

Maybe.

Offline topcandle

Like Augur?

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

^^ This.. I know a number of people who have gotten brownie points who almost immediately sold them off for BTS :) ... they were super excited at how much they got for them too.

I think suggesting that a UIA is driving down BTS value is really reaching.

This is all being done on purpose.. we are going to see this likely for the next month.

DISCLAIMER: Not a trader.. just stating my 2 brownies worth. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline topcandle

After thinking about it I have personally moved those BTS away from Polo and bought some cheap Brownies...

[/quote]

EZACTLY MY POINT!  Brownies are cheap and are cheapening the value of Bitshares.   Your selling BTS for Brownies meaning that BTS is losing its value because of the Brownies.