Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887167 times)

Tuck Fheman

I gotta admit though, 2200 is looking awful likely and dare I say, probably where we should be at "naturally". ;)

Offline Pheonike

If I was just buying I would just hold, but when you are buying on margin you gotta sell sometimes to keep from getting ran over.

Tuck Fheman

Don't read too much into this, but ...

Anyone thinking that the 9/15 - 9/20 rise was "natural" is ... wrong, to put it mildly.

Also, to me, a "dump" is when you're not invested in a coin for anything other than BTC/fiat.

The temptation to sell into an obvious "pump" at peak is "natural", when you wish to obtain more at a lower price.

Or is it? Let's discuss it on Twitter @ #Idontreallycareeitherwaybecauseitsyourfuckingmoneysodowithitwhatyouwant

It's always going to come back down (hard) after a pump like this.

It's "natural" as a long term bull hodler to want to obtain even more precious shares at the expense of a "pumper" or those who are here to buy the hype for a quick buck.

The thing is, neither one of the above are part of this "Community".

One's here to pump & dump for more BTC/fiat, the others are here to ride the wave ... for more BTC/fiat.

Taking advantage of their myopic vision and ultimately inferior choice of cryptocurrency/"money" is something "Community" members should be doing IMHO.

I could be wrong.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
if you sell your bts, bts will fall. Simple..Now is the time to support the price, show the speculators that this community is backing up bts price and is not dumping..Let them pay more for your BTS that you kept for so long and the ones you had the balls to buy at low levels when others thought that bts is dead..

Let's try to be different for a change than everyone else. Let's make it clear that bts holders are holders and do not dump when we see a 100% rise from the low especially when bts2 is about to launch. DON'T SELL NOW!! We deserve more than that..

Lol I doubt this forum has enough buying/selling power to really effect the price for more than a day.  Putting our rings together like we're calling Captain Planet isn't going to do anything...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Well said.  Do not allow yourself to be manipulated by people like blazin8888.  It is pretty obvious he is a troll.  Ask yourself why he is so intent on getting you all to sell at this price.  Could he and his PnD buddies be buying?

Yes everyone who got left behind became desperate to get in on a pullback and started trolling. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
if you sell your bts, bts will fall. Simple..Now is the time to support the price, show the speculators that this community is backing up bts price and is not dumping..Let them pay more for your BTS that you kept for so long and the ones you had the balls to buy at low levels when others thought that bts is dead..

Let's try to be different for a change than everyone else. Let's make it clear that bts holders are holders and do not dump when we see a 100% rise from the low especially when bts2 is about to launch. DON'T SELL NOW!! We deserve more than that..

Well said.  Do not allow yourself to be manipulated by people like blazin8888.  It is pretty obvious he is a troll.  Ask yourself why he is so intent on getting you all to sell at this price.  Could he and his PnD buddies be buying? 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I see there is something about people worrying the forum was hacked, and worried that tons of bts were going to get dumped as a result, might be why the correction is deeper.

Offline Blazin8888

I sold a couple hundred thousands in the 2800s when i saw the decline. I hesitated doing it at 3000.  I'm still long on Polo with a base of 1748.  Just buying the sub 2600 and hopefully sub 2400 dips until it starts climbing back up. Can't wait to be able to this kind of trading in BTS.

Yeah will probably fall to 1k maybe lower. Sorry guys.

Good move selling. Dont buy again till after 13th.

Offline Pheonike

I sold a couple hundred thousands in the 2800s when i saw the decline. I hesitated doing it at 3000.  I'm still long on Polo with a base of 1748.  Just buying the sub 2600 and hopefully sub 2400 dips until it starts climbing back up. Can't wait to be able to this kind of trading in BTS.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Seems like the traders who don't know bts and jumped in for the ride last week when it went up all sold and shorted and are now trying to FUD. 

I bought back in in the 2800s with the part that I sold (not a lot this time), because I thought we were going to see a double bottom around 2800 and then rise again.  Guess we went deeper, oh well.  Good job anyone that waited, but I would be trying to get back in between 2500 and 2700.
Ive thought about doing that but it doesnt make sense to us because to accumulate our stacks and make it worthwhile it would take a pretty steep and prolonged retrace for us to recover our stacks at a cheaper price, the chances of that happening while liquidity is still low is very minimal, even though this would have presented the opportunity. In the end buy & hold works out better until liquidity is sufficient to dump and pump.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Seems like the traders who don't know bts and jumped in for the ride last week when it went up all sold and shorted and are now trying to FUD. 

I bought back in in the 2800s with the part that I sold (not a lot this time), because I thought we were going to see a double bottom around 2800 and then rise again.  Guess we went deeper, oh well.  Good job anyone that waited, but I would be trying to get back in between 2500 and 2700.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Sorry guys, I couldn't handle all the FUD. Had to sell. I'm just thankful that blazin brought me to my senses before it was too late and the low prices swallowed me whole and killed my dog.

:P

I hate how slow coinbase is. Got about 9 days left.

I take it your coinbase transfer came in early?
he got to u hey? I hope we get to pin your post on a new epic fail thread looking in hindsight.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

spec·u·la·tion
noun

1. the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Can we change the title for this thread to "BTS Price Speculation"?

This should make it more apparent to everyone reading that the people posting are not always going to be 100% accurate or truthful with their comments ... like on CNBC. (bahahhaah)  :P 

It's the point of these types of threads, or so I thought. I want to read/hear every crazy ass theory on price I can and not discount a single one, for within them are truths for the trained eye.

Offline Blazin8888

Sorry guys, I couldn't handle all the FUD. Had to sell. I'm just thankful that blazin brought me to my senses before it was too late and the low prices swallowed me whole and killed my dog.

:P

I hate how slow coinbase is. Got about 9 days left.

I take it your coinbase transfer came in early?

Oh no not going to buy now anyways. The market is looking horrible. Good move to sell. This will fall much further during the rest of this week. We will probably reset to where we started before the countdown.