Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 886919 times)

Offline mikeytea

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I leave town for one day and you all let the bottom fall out.   

If there is a market need for what BitShares solves then BTS has a future.  If there isn't a market need then it will remain small serving a niche.  The need for BTS is in times of crisis where decentralized exchanges are needed because all of the centralized exchanges fall down.

.. then lets make try and make the front end as easy and intuitive as possible for the non technical folks who dont give a damn about trading and just want to salvage whatever worthless dollars they still have in to gold and silver. [/color] I can do this in less that 5 clicks with bitreserve.

BM just said bitshares gains it's value from being an exchange when all centralized exchanges fail... that would lead me to believe we should skip making it for the average idiot, and tailor it to traders.

Metatrader 4 is the best trading platform I have used.  It's intuitive yet advanced.  Indicators are easy to write in mql4 and the barrier to entry is low.  There have been thousands of indicators created by regular traders.  I know people think poloniex has a great interface, but to tell you the truth, it's garbage.  It's boring, plain, and isn't even on par with basic broker platforms from companies like e-trade much less something like Metatrader.

If I showed the current interface to forex traders they would laugh.  There are no indicators(not even a moving average), no ability to zoom or pan, orders can't be executed by clicking on the chart, there is no line on the chart indicating where your open positions cost is, no active P/L, no grid option, no dynamic scaling, no ability to change bar colors, no ability to change to line or OHLC style charts.  And I can't stress enough that if you want to appeal to traders you need to be able to accommodate stop and take profit orders for open positions!  This is by far the main and most important thing to get functioning if you want traders.  Most of the other stuff a trader doesn't absolutely need to trade, but they need stops and take profits.

Seriously just look at metatrader 4... download it and open a demo account from one of the dozens of forex brokers that use metatrader as their platform (I use FXCM and Forex.com).  Give it a test run and you will see what trading platform needs to be at a minimum.  Unless we don't want traders, then all this is null and void.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:27:06 am by lil_jay890 »

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Well... before leaving town, you made 98% of your community buy brownies with their bts. As a result of this they had much less collateral per BTS borrowed on margin [ I do not  know if you are aware, but as great as brownies are, polo does not find them a good collateral material]. ...and they were called way earlier then they would have been without their sweets buys.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

If there is a market need for what BitShares solves then BTS has a future.  If there isn't a market need then it will remain small serving a niche.  The need for BTS is in times of crisis where decentralized exchanges are needed because all of the centralized exchanges fall down.

NBT has 600 BTC volume on Polo. Clearly there is a need, but somehow BTS is not the chosen one. I've been repeating the same thing for 2 years now. Unless there is liquidity and commitment from the stakeholders to provide such liquidity for BitUSD to track USD as closely as possible, BTS won't take off. Why can't we dedicate printed BTS to go to that, instead of delegates? i.e. have the blockchain provide some liquidity. This is the only reason NBT works and people trust it. Because it's always way less than 1% fluctuation from USD.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

.. then lets make try and make the front end as easy and intuitive as possible for the non technical folks who dont give a damn about trading and just want to salvage whatever worthless dollars they still have in to gold and silver. [/color] I can do this in less that 5 clicks with bitreserve.

Offline yellowecho

This feels like a turning point for bitshares in particular and crypto in general. BTC holders just made a ton of money and in the near future they could make lots more. If the past is any prologue, within the next two years, the price of btc could potentially increase by x25 from where it is today. After that a new global class of digitally wealthy people will form.  BTC will fuel the nascent fintech industry because it's the lifeblood for funding altcoin/2.0 projects everywhere. As BTC reaches a critical mass in price, wealth will start to pour into 2.0 projects like bitshares and all of our wildest dreams will be realized in a flash. Right now I think we are witnessing the turning of the tide after 2 years. This is the darkest hour and probably the best time to hold and buy if you can.

+5% Well said!
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
This feels like a turning point for bitshares in particular and crypto in general. BTC holders just made a ton of money and in the near future they could make lots more. If the past is any prologue, within the next two years, the price of btc could potentially increase by x25 from where it is today. After that a new global class of digitally wealthy people will form.  BTC will fuel the nascent fintech industry because it's the lifeblood for funding altcoin/2.0 projects everywhere. As BTC reaches a critical mass in price, wealth will start to pour into 2.0 projects like bitshares and all of our wildest dreams will be realized in a flash. Right now I think we are witnessing the turning of the tide after 2 years. This is the darkest hour and probably the best time to hold and buy if you can.
Yea i feel that too... Ppl thinking dump alts buy btc but it will be alts and btc rising together if its going to be real and not chinese pump n dump
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I always like your comments, I only hope the reason I like them is because you say what I want to hear lol. That makes sense, but we will always have that lag. Guess being a 2.0 project means wealth only comes in 2.0 too so we're the last ones benefiting. The only thing I dislike is being dependent on bitcoin, but I guess that's how things work. But I'm pretty sure if bitcoin reaches a new ATH all other coins will benefit aswell. At that time we will only need stable BitAssets and we're set. But obviously all of this will take its time. We can only hope we're solid enough when that time comes so we take the best of it and don't miss any opportunity.

As for getting in on bts, I'm not yet sure if I should go in or not. I've never sold a single bts (since I couldn't use the old client) and took advantage of the previous low so my average cost is lower but idk yet. I know if there is a time to go in it should be now, however I admit this time I got a little worried of being left behind. On the previous low I wasn't worried at all because we had 2.0 launch so I kind of went with that. But now it feels different. For me, worrying about money placed in crypto is a signal you are overinvested so I'm a little uncertain.

I must chill, clear my mind and meditate rationally only, checking the facts. Emotions are not good, specially when you already had a shitty day not related to BTS. It's not wise to move under emotions on these lands.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

Offline habeler

Still in shock at what happened, the single worst moment in my life.

Please hold the price here. Maybe in the next few months I will be able to earn some Bitcoins and will buy some Bitshares. I dont even want to imagine seeing Bitshares eventually becoming successful and me having to cope with my mistake.
1LeQTkxdpvZFU23qA22xas2zvqzTHMa48T
bts-habeler876

Tuck Fheman

Now MAID is having the horrible day that we had yesterday.

But Litecoin is now on MTGox, hence the pump! ;)

Gawd I miss those days. I miss fontas, I miss koolio and all the gang.  :-\
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 07:34:07 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian

Ooh. I shall have to see which exchanges maidsafecoins are on! I love what project SAFE is aiming to do...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander