Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887207 times)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Hmmm wonder where all the bts bulls went that said I wasnt "acting like a trader" because I was bearish bts...

You were not bearish. You were whining about the price bouncing down after pump, "oh shit, how a trader is supposed to act???" Oh yeah, this happens for the first time, what a confusion for professional traders!!! lol

I said sell on March 10th at 20 million and buy back when it reaches 10 million and double your shares...  But I guess in your world predicting a price drop doesn't mean being bearish.

How should have i put it in order to make it clearer for you??

Offline yvv

• View Profile
Hmmm wonder where all the bts bulls went that said I wasnt "acting like a trader" because I was bearish bts...

You were not bearish, and that was said not by bulls. You were whining about the price bouncing down after pump, "oh shit, how a trader is supposed to act???" Oh yeah, this happens for the first time, what a confusion for professional traders!!! lol
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:29:54 pm by yvv »

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Most all the major crypto coins got dumped today not only BTS.

Exactly, blood's spilling everywhere. You can't point at BTS and say "wow BTS you suck at going up LOL told ya so" during this bloodbath.

So you can only be right about being bearish if only BTS falls while other coins stay afloat??? Gotcha...

You can make excuses or you can make money.  FYI... over the last 7 days only FACTOM has fallen more than BTS.  The only other coin that is doing badly, but not as badly as BTS, is ethereum.  But ethereum has had a meteoric rise from 30 mil to 1 billion, a small retracement should be expected.  BTS gets pumped from 10 to 20mil and gives the entire thing back in a week. That is garbage price action.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Exactly, blood's spilling everywhere. You can't point at BTS and say "wow BTS you suck at going up LOL told ya so" during this bloodbath.

Offline Louis

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

Same price action over and over... One day spike followed by constant steady dumpage, and probably sold to all the "higher floor" guys

Yes. Pumps and dumps. Speculators chasing after the next 'wave'.  What is new?
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I could care less what BTS does in respect to BTC... I only care what it does in dollar terms.  And in dollar terms it spikes to the upside but sticks to the downside.  It's in a descending triangle.  That is bearish and shitty price action for anyone who is a bull.  It's been the same pattern for the last year and a half.

Maybe you are right and finally BTS stabilizes at a higher dollar amount, but I'm going to stick with history... I'm half way to my target

Smart move = liquidate your bts now and buy back at 10 million. Don't be a pig and double your shares.

This forum is a pig pen when bts even rises slightly... and they continue to get slaughtered

+5%

best trading advises ever!

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
the investors are waiting for the  .0045 dollar mark.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Same price action over and over... One day spike followed by constant steady dumpage, and probably sold to all the "higher floor" guys

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Wall got removed and bts dumped lol
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
1100 btc buy support on poloniex, quite high yet all of it no where near the current market price.  I'm still having a hard time believing all the buy support and volume going on in alt's compared with btc.

A bunch of people have figured out that btc sucks and cant resolve its issues.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xh3

• View Profile
    • Bit-Cents
When crypto 2.0 projects start delivering actual value, we will start seeing more stable prices.  Nobody in crypto 2 space is really delivering any substantial value as of yet.   Bitcoin has infrastructure, recognition, legal acknowledgement, provides a "fairly stable" store of value, and is the de-facto reserve currency of virtual business.  Hence is has been more stable, because it is providing entities with more reasons to have some lying around than just to speculate with. 
But what can you really do with these 2.0 platforms?  What can one do with some Ether, with a Bit-share, with some Factom?  Most of the stuff you can do, you are relying on Bitcoin denominated services to achieve, hence most of the people involved in the markets for these things are just speculating.  There is little reason to hold these tokens atm, because the services that they proxy are not yet profitable.

BitShares do have its products and no need to rely on "Bitcoin denominated services", however there are too few commercial use cases atm, and right, not yet profitable. But bitcoin is profitable?

Lets just say that Bitcoin is not going broke any time soon.  It certainly seems capable of gracefully absorbing 1.6 million dollars of  daily inflation. 
2.0 projects just need more useful apps, really.  Fighting with bitcoin about who can provide bitcoin's services better has proven to be pretty much fruitless.  The market doesn't care very much.  If you want to move money into crypto from fiat, you use bitcoin;  if you want to speculate on other digital currencies, you trade against Bitcoin;  if you want to transfer large sums of money without going through banks, you do it with bitcoin; if you want to buy stuff online with e-currency, you do it with bitcoin. 
Bitcoin was brilliantly engineered to be successful, and even the things that are questionable about it's implementation, play well with the human psyche and are probably intentional.  eg the ridiculous expenditure on security.. really a way to create grass-roots marketing and encourage participation; the slow confirmation times.... really a way to add weight to the idea that an immutable transaction has occurred; the fact that creator of the protocol has 1.1Million coins that have not been spent... really a way to say I'm in this to win it.

2.0 projects need more infrastructure built on them, they need to provide different value than bitcoin provides.  That value might not be new implementations of bitcoin's services, but the extension of those services.  I think the hang-up has been that everybody is trying to create solutions that are completely decentralized... in the end, it's not possible for every single app to be decentralized.  There will have to be actors and trust and reputation and single points of failure sometimes if there is to be an economy built on 2.0 platforms. That's the key to sustainable market cap, imo, bit Businesses.

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
1100 btc buy support on poloniex, quite high yet all of it no where near the current market price.  I'm still having a hard time believing all the buy support and volume going on in alt's compared with btc.

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
Damn, never thought syscoin would trade higher than BTS lol
That should get some motivation

What do you mean?  Our market cap is more than 5X theirs.

he mistakenly compares the actual price of one share and doesn't account the total shares in circulation of each ....  :D

Let me clarify myself before too many people get cheeky about what I'm saying...
It doesn't matter per'se what the market cap is, or the amount of coins that are in circulation... yes those do come into play.
BUT... at some point it'll always boil down to one simple fact... am I/anyone willing to pay a specific price to purchase any product/service (forced pump/dumps partially excluded).

That being said,  if someone is willing to pay 0.00001400 BTC for one token of either BTS,  SYS or whatever... then that places monetary value of that specific token, in turn effecting it's Market Cap based on tokens in circulation.

I'm just trying to make a simple statement that within a 2yr span,  SYS coin had surpassed BTS in per coin value, not overall market cap.
An idea we all should let sink in a bit  ;D

ps- I'm in no way dissing BTS btw!!!
I'm all in BTS and will continue to!

Still, it's best to focus on trading volume and market cap. Coin price is only worth watching to determine your ROI. High market cap and high daily trading volumes are important because it allows user to get in and out of the asset when they choose to. These cryptos with under 30k of daily trading volume aren't liquid enough for investors participate because small amounts of cash move the needle too much.
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
When crypto 2.0 projects start delivering actual value, we will start seeing more stable prices.  Nobody in crypto 2 space is really delivering any substantial value as of yet.   Bitcoin has infrastructure, recognition, legal acknowledgement, provides a "fairly stable" store of value, and is the de-facto reserve currency of virtual business.  Hence is has been more stable, because it is providing entities with more reasons to have some lying around than just to speculate with. 
But what can you really do with these 2.0 platforms?  What can one do with some Ether, with a Bit-share, with some Factom?  Most of the stuff you can do, you are relying on Bitcoin denominated services to achieve, hence most of the people involved in the markets for these things are just speculating.  There is little reason to hold these tokens atm, because the services that they proxy are not yet profitable.
BitShares do have its products and no need to rely on "Bitcoin denominated services", however there are too few commercial use cases atm, and right, not yet profitable. But bitcoin is profitable?
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit