Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 897580 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Unfortunately. After two years of believing in BTS. I am now struggling to justify why i should keep my holdings. Im worried this aint nowhere near the bottom. Is there any further development or is STEEM the new kid in town?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be tough until the merger is over.

I think BTS needs some new vision/leadership and development proposals. I haven't been following them lately but KenCode seems to be someone who can get things done and for good value.
I imagine the Chinese will have to change their tune on no dilution, part of their reasoning was that development would continue because otherwise developers would lose money on their BTS stake but they've (developers) clearly sold/selling a reasonable amount and focusing elsewhere.

Regards Steem,  it's significantly over-valued imo and possibly uninvestable by design, I'm hesitant to elaborate too much at the risk of improving their model. I think the creators will still be able to get a few hundred thousand out of it over the next year though. There could also be other elements/'secret sauce' I'm unaware of.

http://cryptofresh.com/ballots

Someone should send them the memo on this.. they still haven't changed anything.

If they don't change their tune like you say though.. I think we are going to see not just devs looking elsewhere but those of us building on bitshares looking also. Any business looking to use bitshares has to want it 'as is', and not expect any improvements.

I agree on the leadership front... though there is an internal conflict on this front as well as far as the community goes. Do you recall just a few months ago just how much hate was directed at CNX and this push for 'decentralization' of the development? It was this attitude of anybody but CNX  for a little while.. which they responded too and stayed out of putting anymore proposals.

So why is this downtrend happening now? What has changed that really impacts Bitshares future prospects? Or is this just the ongoing dumping cycle that if you look back seems to happen this time of month.. perhaps due to the merger holders?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Unfortunately. After two years of believing in BTS. I am now struggling to justify why i should keep my holdings. Im worried this aint nowhere near the bottom. Is there any further development or is STEEM the new kid in town?

It will be tough until the merger is over.

I think BTS needs some new vision/leadership and development proposals. I haven't been following them lately but KenCode seems to be someone who can get things done and for good value.
I imagine the Chinese will have to change their tune on no dilution, part of their reasoning was that development would continue because otherwise developers would lose money on their BTS stake but they've (developers) clearly sold/selling a reasonable amount and focusing elsewhere.

Regards Steem,  it's significantly over-valued imo and possibly uninvestable by design, I'm hesitant to elaborate too much at the risk of improving their model. I think the creators will still be able to get a few hundred thousand out of it over the next year though. There could also be other elements/'secret sauce' I'm unaware of.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 02:24:26 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline oldmine

• View Profile
Everyone here is just fuding to get cheap shares.

Offline QEERERRTQE

bts is going down .
Its downtrend has started would continue for 80 days .
Best is to sell now and buy later .

Offline oldmine

• View Profile

Here are some reasons: in November vesting is over which will radically reduce BTS inflation. Also if you look at Cryptofresh daily transactions is going up, which BTS is actually being used as a real exchange. And yes we are near the bottom: 0.003 cents/share.

Offline .

• View Profile
Many would appreciate less spreading of FUD of any kind.

What can BTS do for us & what can we do for BitShares ?
These are both Questions we should ask ourselves now !

BitShares are well designed for business and private use…

What we need is leadership spirit by all participants and a
pragmatic look at making BitShares evermore user friendly.

We also may add value to the already existing value inventory.
Discussing true value propositions could prove very effective.

From the trading and price perspective, volatility is high,
these are signs of life, we should think of ways to improve
the value perception of BTS, we have many entry points from
FIAT that only beg for a little bit of marketing and added liquidity.

More people will realise they can easily buy or sell against most important
fiat currencies, more assets and project tokens will increase the demand for
BTS. The idea & message is that BTS is less dependent on BTC or any
other currency than most people still erroneously or fearfully assume…

We also have to explain more clearly that BTS is a Crypto-Equity (also used as a Currency)
as there might be still a persistent misunderstanding of all the value and utility our
state-of-the-art platform technology is already capable to provide against
the weak or even hollow claims of so many 'competing' projects.

Let's remember, BitShares only recently pivoted into its technical glory, it's been only 2 years,
we made a lot of progress and created more solid foundations than we all could imagine …

Eventually, price discovery will follow up properly on all the valuable steps this project has successfully taken. 

Let's make it clearer to the world that everyone can join and benefit through this unique
Decentralised Conglomerate & Powerhouse . BitShares 2.0 is a huge leap forward and is
capable to address many use cases in pragmatic and streamlined ways
that are cost-effective and remain consistently manageable over time. 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 03:39:43 pm by . »

Offline D4vegee

• View Profile

Offline karnal

• View Profile

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Unless BTS ends the merger early I think the longer term down-trend will reassert itself, especially with the largest merger recipients likely selling.

Ironically BTS will still probably outperform Steem over the next 3 months imo. 
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Question now is, will we have to wait another 6 months to get back to 2000 sats?

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I think steem will share the same fate of all the reddit clone.

but if not... well  8)