Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887145 times)

Offline KenMonkey

• View Profile
  • BitShares: kmnk
I don't get it... Why everyone is talking about dumping bts after the peerplays snapshot? We are talking about 5% of peerplays allocation to bts. The amount is really just symbolic. People can buy peerplays now.

I think that the peerplay snapshot helps bts price slightly because bts are withdrawn from external exchanges and some more trading may happen in the DEX but other than that nothing more. And after the snapshot period, the worst that should happen is that people return their bts in external exchanges and trade there as they used to be.

But why dumping bts after the snapshot? That implies that the whole value of bts is only based on the value of peerplay. Are people so insane?

I'm surprised the BTS price hasn't risen more. 5% is not a symbolic or trivial amount. 5% of the  peerplays market cap means at least a 5% return for BTS holders if the market caps are equal (as they are for some reason). A lot of people are happy if they make 5% in a year!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
What about leaving that free money on the Steemit  platform? We shouldn't kill that goose.

I intend to liquidate only the steem dollars earned from posts to buy bts and support bts price and vision and at the same time end the power down and keep the rest as steem power. So essentially supporting both projects. 

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
What about leaving that free money on the Steemit  platform? We shouldn't kill that goose.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
By the way guys I re opened a bitshares discussion thread in steemit.

https://steemit.com/bitshares/@mf-tzo/bitshares-price-discussion-v2

In the previous thread in steemit I was just talking to my self..lol..I know that many of you may feel that steem stole bts thunder, bts shareholders where again left behind and much more...but I want you to know that any gains from steem posts discussing bts will go straight to buying and holding more bts, so your support is appreciated!

I also believe that even if bitshares forum thread is not so active as it used to be, there are still a lot of long term bitshares holders (and actually more than in the past) that still believe in bts even if they don't post often anymore. I am actually starting to believe that the less people post the more the value of the token rises...

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I don't get it... Why everyone is talking about dumping bts after the peerplays snapshot? We are talking about 5% of peerplays allocation to bts. The amount is really just symbolic. People can buy peerplays now.

I think that the peerplay snapshot helps bts price slightly because bts are withdrawn from external exchanges and some more trading may happen in the DEX but other than that nothing more. And after the snapshot period, the worst that should happen is that people return their bts in external exchanges and trade there as they used to be.

But why dumping bts after the snapshot? That implies that the whole value of bts is only based on the value of peerplay. Are people so insane?

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Remind me again why i still hold some of these bitshares things?

::)

Long term still VERY viable technology.  Not sure why it does not get more attention after every exchange "hack."  Steem's success can only help bts credibility and hopefully lead them to try BitShares.

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

Wow. Flashcrash to 700 sat. Longs covering, but jeeze. What started it? Anyone have a clue?  Peerplays snapshot has another 10 days to go. 

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Remind me again why i still hold some of these bitshares things?

::)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline EstefanTT

Take a look at their web site peerplays.com in the news section. You'll find all you need ;)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Can anyone post link / details on this Peershares Sharedrop? How do we participate?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Maybe you dont buy bts because of it, but you should withdraw from exchanges because of it.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I assume this bump is due to the peerplays sharedrop. What are your thoughts as to how much of this new influx will stay after the sharedrop date ends?

Why would people buy BTS for the peerplays sharedrop?  It's 5%... if they think peerplays is worth that much than why wouldn't they buy peerplays outright?

The 5% drop is more of a hat tip than anything

Offline mr-whitekey

I assume this bump is due to the peerplays sharedrop. What are your thoughts as to how much of this new influx will stay after the sharedrop date ends?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
There were certain periods of time where you could get 2% a day interest with BTS on polo, which I tried to maximize.  But now im going to miss part of this sharedrop because I cant get it back out in time lol.

Here's hoping the random time is later in the window.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Sharedrop is a random time between Sept. 1st and Sept 16th, so you don't know when it will fall. Are you still in BTS at all Ander? I saw you had sent a bunch to poloniex and figured you just said screw it for Monero instead lol.

BTW, you deserve every penny you're making with Monero right now. I always appreciated your input on BTS back in the day, and how you were always steadfastly optimistic and weathered the toughest of BTS downturns. And looking back through your Monero thread you got quite a bit of shit from BTS-talkers earlier this year about buying in when you did...so I really do feel you deserve this time of happiness.  :)

Yes I have BTS.  I did sell some from Monero in the past when monero was very low, but I've bought it all back.