Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 897729 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Well I don't know about you guys but I just bought another million bts.  8)

Sorry.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Well I don't know about you guys but I just bought another million bts.  8)
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
@kenCode is the last chance of bts to succeed together with a coordinated marketing. And more specifically stealth IMHO..if that fails then..

By the way. Seeing bts bleeding and bleeding I am starting to think that maybe someone should fork bts,go back to fixed supply of 2billion which is reduced constantly by burning supply from fees.essentially go back to bts1 but rename it bts3 and sharedrop to bts holders excluding exchanges and let the market decide of that value. apparently cryptoinvestors want deflationary tokens not inflationary and this should be obvious to everyone in this community after 3 years of bleeding. What do u guys think?

I like this idea.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

@kenCode is the last chance of bts to succeed together with a coordinated marketing. And more specifically stealth IMHO..if that fails then..

By the way. Seeing bts bleeding and bleeding I am starting to think that maybe someone should fork bts,go back to fixed supply of 2billion which is reduced constantly by burning supply from fees.essentially go back to bts1 but rename it bts3 and sharedrop to bts holders excluding exchanges and let the market decide of that value. apparently cryptoinvestors want deflationary tokens not inflationary and this should be obvious to everyone in this community after 3 years of bleeding. What do u guys think?

this is a fantastic idea. if this happens it would also be a chance to try out tonyk style tokens, with BTS that stays on the BTS exchange.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
 @fav if I knew how I would have done so

@mr-whitekey don't talk to me about enthusiasms. I am here way before you, I have shared the enthusiasm of all kind of stupid deals here,I even sold my car a couple o years ago when bts market cap was at 20mil because of my enthusiasm to buy more..

@tbone . NEM is not diluting is fixed supply and is at 85 mil market cap.the same market cap that bts had before changing the supply rules. And yes I think that if there is to be any further development it should not be in the form of worker proposals who receive lots of pay and do not either bother to update the community of what they do on a weekly basis. No one is updating here of what they do on a weekly basis (@xeroc @svk @vikram). Only @kenCode updates us of his development and he is not getting paid by bts worker proposal but from blockpay token. I would prefer if all devs were paid in the form of their token.in the end of the day if you want bts to succeed everyone should help and do what he knows to do without requesting payment.We thought that this does not make sense,that bts workers will attract a lot of devs,that bts will not stay behind competition and none of these happened... All in all I think someone should fork and create bts3 in fixed supply and sharedrop.

@Frodo I agree with you that dilution is not a problem but we need a new perspective. Deflationary token that the supply is always decreased and devs that are willing to do the extra mile without payment.their work will be rewarded by holding the token they support with their dev work. Also we definitely need that new website. Forget about bts1 is history...

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo

Find me a cryptocurrency that isn't diluting its supply FAR more than bitshares is.  In fact, the only Bitshares dilution is witness pay and the somewhat minimally used worker proposal system.  Witness pay is tiny compared to the dilution of, for example, Bitcoin.  So that cost can easily be more than offset by fees as we gain traction. That's kind of the beauty of delegated proof of stake in case you weren't aware of that.   As for worker proposals, are you saying no development should be done at this stage?     

I agree. Dilution isn't the problem at this point in time. (Even the end of the merger vesting period didn't change much.) What we need is active development and a fresh perspective. To outsiders BitShares just looks dead, that's the problem. In the beginning it felt like we had a head start to everyone else but by now competition has evolved more than BTS did.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

Find me a cryptocurrency that isn't diluting its supply FAR more than bitshares is.  In fact, the only Bitshares dilution is witness pay and the somewhat minimally used worker proposal system.  Witness pay is tiny compared to the dilution of, for example, Bitcoin.  So that cost can easily be more than offset by fees as we gain traction. That's kind of the beauty of delegated proof of stake in case you weren't aware of that.   As for worker proposals, are you saying no development should be done at this stage?     

Offline mr-whitekey

no one can stop you from doing it
Just the kind of response that helps nobody. Might as well not have posted. We are a team with a common vision of helping bitshares succeed. One person can not do it alone. We will differ on how the proceed, but we should never dismiss enthusiasm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

no one can stop you from doing it

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline EstefanTT

Even BitShares community members don't know what is happenning ... we desperately need this new web site reflecting all the activity we have in here.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Just by creating a huge announcement of the Stealth feature implementation marketcap should double.

I haven't really heard much on that lately; is there any timeframe?

I always post weekly updates about BitShares Munich projects here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22576.0.html

Ah, sorry Ken, missed that. Hot damn you're a hotbed of activity! Good stuff man.  +5%

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Just by creating a huge announcement of the Stealth feature implementation marketcap should double.

I always post weekly updates about BitShares Munich projects here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,22576.0.html
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yvv

• View Profile

Doubt this. Many people are sick of announcements which never evolve into something good. It is easy to lose trust with fake promises and difficult to gain it back.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7