Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887115 times)

Offline mr-whitekey

Would you explain that? My understanding was that it is the same as any centralized exchanges for not bitshares assets, like Bitcoin.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline Methodise

Stan's buying again!! 2.25 million more shares just yesterday. (Side note: can't wait for Stealth, when all this activity can be completely private.  :P)

With Stan buying, Stealth coming soon, the awesome power of the 3,300 TX/S stress test, and the recent rumblings around Dan's STEEM departure...I'm feeling pretty damn bullish right about now.

It's gonna be a good summer lads.

:D

Nice! Too bad I just sold 75% of my stake 5 days ago. Mainly due to lack of any clear direction and leadership, but also because the DEX can not trade other major coins without the same risk as centralized exchanges.

If we fix that then I am all in again.

There's almost zero counterparty risk with trading bitAssets.

BTS: methodise

Offline mr-whitekey

Stan's buying again!! 2.25 million more shares just yesterday. (Side note: can't wait for Stealth, when all this activity can be completely private.  :P)

With Stan buying, Stealth coming soon, the awesome power of the 3,300 TX/S stress test, and the recent rumblings around Dan's STEEM departure...I'm feeling pretty damn bullish right about now.

Nice! Too bad I just sold 75% of my stake 5 days ago. Mainly due to lack of any clear direction and leadership, but also because the DEX can not trade other major coins without the same risk as centralized exchanges.

If we fix that then I am all in again.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline EstefanTT

The bottom es around 10M$ MC. It's not very risky to buy around these low prices because we never went much lower.

At the contrary, the value in term of $ is very important. BTC grew 500% lately, you can't compare something to a super volatile currency. It would be like saying "damn, the price of milk went 500% cheaper in $ in my country ... look at BTC"

I don't think ppl here are waiting a random pump. They see a huge potential and low prices, they buy and wait for the giant to wake up.  We are getting there.

There is every day more and more projects, activity and trading in this community. That can't go unoticed forever.

The new website should help a great deal if it reflects the activity both in the community and in the dex.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's what people have been saying since the merger. Yet anyone who held all this time got rekt.
It doesn't change the facts.

These crypto markets are not rationals. Does ETH deserve 300x the BTS market cap ? Surely not but here they are at 3 billions !

Invest in bts is not a bad move because you lose money. Just like it's won't became a good move when you'll win money. The result is out of your control. The quality of the move depend when you take the decision to buy or sell, not the good/bad luck related to your decision.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 12:09:02 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
The bottom es around 10M$ MC. It's not very risky to buy around these low prices because we never went much lower.

At the contrary, the value in term of $ is very important. BTC grew 500% lately, you can't compare something to a super volatile currency. It would be like saying "damn, the price of milk went 500% cheaper in $ in my country ... look at BTC"

I don't think ppl here are waiting a random pump. They see a huge potential and low prices, they buy and wait for the giant to wake up.  We are getting there.

There is every day more and more projects, activity and trading in this community. That can't go unoticed forever.

The new website should help a great deal if it reflects the activity both in the community and in the dex.

That's what people have been saying since the merger. Yet anyone who held all this time got rekt.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JonnyB

• View Profile
    • twitter.com/jonnybitcoin
Just bought more BitShares!

Bitshares to the fucking moooon!!!!
I run the @bitshares twitter handle
twitter.com/bitshares

Offline EstefanTT

+5%

What new website?
Bitshares.org, Chris4210 is working on revamping the whole thing. It moves slowly thought, I guess he has a lot of work between all the projects they have at bts Munich.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

+5%

What new website?
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Just bought more BitShares!

Offline EstefanTT

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
BitShares didn't even pump now, when every single alt on Polo did.

Whoever is buying it now, it better be because they are cool with it and don't care about the price, otherwise you're probably going to regret it. Yes, USD is stable but small alts are traded against BTC, USD price doesn't matter imo.

Charts have no structure, there's no bottom, no support levels. As long as it doesn't have one, it's extremely risky to hold and most likely it will go down. The only thing one can do is hope it will randomly pump. Hoping makes you lose money.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
It's remarkable how stable BTS is to the USD, instead of tracking bitcoin's price, which most cryptos follow instead. Any thoughts on that?

I don't know if it really that odd, most coins are not moving vs the USD.  This just shows that fiat is flowing into bitcoin and not moving to any alts other than ethereum and Dash.

There have been some coins massively under performing though... Steem being one of them.  Worst performance of any coin over the last week.  What a round trip this coin made over the last year.  All those people that bought this coin after 5 dbags did a video review of it with Dan and Ned have been totally wrecked.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 06:55:50 pm by lil_jay890 »