Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887112 times)

Offline Bitshark

• View Profile
How solid is this bitUSD peg? What are the risks associated?

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
You lost me at

An increasingly ALT/Bitcoin bear market

This is the most bullish crypto market we've ever seen currently.

I think it's most obvious that the price rise is due to the good news that has come out: EOS + HERO

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
The price rise is a direct result of three things:

Diminishing confidence in Tether
An increasingly ALT/Bitcoin bear market
The fact you can't buy bitusd on exchanges anymore.

People are hedging a crypto bear market with bitusd. Notice the uptick on bitusd volume and market cap the past 3 days.

If bitusd stays off of centralized exchanges, and bitusd gains more popularity and maintains the peg, expect Bitshares to be a sanctuary in a bear market. But, at the same time, expect it to fall back down when the bear market turns bullish.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 12:54:07 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I think that today we will take over Waves on Coinmarketcap  ;)

Offline logart

• View Profile
Poloniex is so beautiful to watch right now, I recommend it highly.  ;)

I would not recommend any centralized exchange at this point..I have a bad feeling that one of them is going to default soon...History has a tendency to repeat it self and when there is a huge pump in crypto, usually an exchange defaults (hacking, stolen funds, regulation or whatever reason)

I would only recommend bitshares DEX now..Keep it safe people...You may lose some opportunity due to lack of liquidity but at least you can sleep at night..

As soon as Bitshare DEX give traders liquidity, i will trade there. 

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@chryspano true! I misunderstood what he said..

chryspano

I would not recommend any centralized exchange at this point..I have a bad feeling that one of them is going to default soon...History has a tendency to repeat it self and when there is a huge pump in crypto, usually an exchange defaults (hacking, stolen funds, regulation or whatever reason)

I would only recommend bitshares DEX now..Keep it safe people...You may lose some opportunity due to lack of liquidity but at least you can sleep at night..

The key word aloha used was "watch" and indeed it was a beautifull sight! marketcap rising from 50M+ to 60M+  :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline lakerta06

Why the sudden pump on all crypto?

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
It's hard to comment when you're holding your breath!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why the silence in here? Seems the threads purpose was FUD all along .. :-/

Offline yvv

• View Profile
It is interesting that OPEN.BTC is traded below BTC feed price these days. I interpret this as people moving funds into DEX through openledger gateway. They need to sell their OPEN.BTC in this case, right?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

No one got a comment on that?

+5% +5% +5% bravo.

Huum.. True, it's good to see the price rise but imo not worth celebrating because every other alt is pumping. Once alts bear market come then we will see if BitShares price can hold the pressure. Until then this is something temporary. Markets are cyclical but the ones that will survive will be the ones who keep slowly gaining value and don't die. I'd say BitShares survived a rough "winter" and the community is strong otherwise it would be a dead project. But we still have to see how it will perform during a Bitcoin bull market that breaks new ATHs
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads