Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 887050 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Is bts Martketcap = Smartcoin + UIA Marketcap expected?

I see no reason to expect this, and I believe the match you found is probably a coincidence. Why would ordinary UIAs have anything to do with the value of BTS? In principle, UIAs could have a market cap many thousands of times greater than BTS. There isn't really anything explicitly linking the two.

Smartcoins should be related because they're backed by BTS. Just add up the smartcoin mkt caps.

Total value of all SmartCoins is ~$6.3MM. Hmm..

Are a lot of the large-volume UIA's backed by real assets held in a hot wallet?
For example, a larger volume UIA is OPEN.BTC - which is at least perceptually backed by bitcoin. Is this ENTIRELY irrelvent to the value of bts?
The fact that bts can facilitate services for $3MM OPEN.BTC must have some (even if teeny tiny) effect on the psychological perception of value of the BTS 2.0 network?

The other largest volume UIA's are OBITS, OPEN.ETH, OPEN.MUSE ($17MM).
These UIA's are at least partially backed by real assets, albeit not the bts asset.

Do we know what the total volume of SmartCoins/UIAs was before the recent price increase?

Yeah, probably not entirely irrelevant. But the connection isn't an explicit analytical one like with smartcoins. I don't even know how to guess at the magnitude of the connection. I use my Bitshares account for several things. One of the things is to trade BTS, but I also use Openledger's services to trade between BTC, Steem, ETH, and smartcoins - often bypassing BTS entirely (except that I still owe fees in BTS). So it's not even clear to me how much value BTS obtains by being the base currency of the Openledger exchange. It's so complicated.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

I see no reason to expect this, and I believe the match you found is probably a coincidence. Why would ordinary UIAs have anything to do with the value of BTS? In principle, UIAs could have a market cap many thousands of times greater than BTS. There isn't really anything explicitly linking the two.

Smartcoins should be related because they're backed by BTS. Just add up the smartcoin mkt caps.

Total value of all SmartCoins is ~$6.3MM. Hmm..

Are a lot of the large-volume UIA's backed by real assets held in a hot wallet?
For example, a larger volume UIA is OPEN.BTC - which is at least perceptually backed by bitcoin. Is this ENTIRELY irrelvent to the value of bts?
The fact that bts can facilitate services for $3MM OPEN.BTC must have some (even if teeny tiny) effect on the psychological perception of value of the BTS 2.0 network?

The other largest volume UIA's are OBITS, OPEN.ETH, OPEN.MUSE ($17MM).
These UIA's are at least partially backed by real assets, albeit not the bts asset.

Do we know what the total volume of SmartCoins/UIAs was before the recent price increase?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:39:23 pm by Permie »
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Permie

• View Profile
Is there a way to view the total supply of bitUSD, bitGold, and all the SmartCoins?

I am wondering if the market cap of bts is anywhere near equal to 175% of the total value of all SmartCoins combined, due to the need for at least 175% collateral for every(?) SmartCoin.

What does the ratio of
                          MarketCap(BitShares) : MarketCap(total SmartCoin's)
tell investors?
Try cryptofresh.com

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks, I crudely added up the listed Market Cap for each Smartcoin AND UIA that have a trading volume of at least $0.3 per day to equal +/- $95MM.

Which is almost equal to the BitShares Market cap at time of posting of $100MM according to cryptofresh.

Is this public knowledge?

Bts shareholders cannot easily raise the market cap of bts... but they certainly can increase the number of SmartCoins and UIAs available on the DEX.

Is the below image evidence that the price of bts is highly correlated to the volume of Smartcoins/UIAs?
If shareholders create smartcoins, and lockup bts in collateral, and increase the volume of SmartCoins does this translate directly into an increase in the price of bts?

Does the volume of SmartCoins on the DEX create a floor for the price of bts?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 03:24:53 pm by Permie »
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Thom

Is there a way to view the total supply of bitUSD, bitGold, and all the SmartCoins?

I am wondering if the market cap of bts is anywhere near equal to 175% of the total value of all SmartCoins combined, due to the need for at least 175% collateral for every(?) SmartCoin.

What does the ratio of
tell investors?
Try cryptofresh.com

WOW! Welcome back to the forums Riverhead, long time no see.

Guys, this is one of the early BitShares pillars here, one of the core community members who helped to make BitShares what it is, particularly the BitShares community. Hope all is will in your world James, and hope to see more from you here in the future.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline Riverhead

What does the ratio of
tell investors?
Try cryptofresh.com

Offline Permie

• View Profile

What does the ratio of
tell investors?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline mea123

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mea123
You guys sold some at 3000 with me right?   8)

it is really encouraging that so much ppl know everything
yes markets go up and down and often sideways
thats the nature of the game
and yes what goes up must come down, just none of you or anybody
will ever know when, why and less how much..all guesswork
some use Fibs
often markets go up and just retrace a bit, and than go up more..if this is a
possibility for you, just keep what you have and wait,
the buyers and seller are the pigs
If you dont believe in what you own, better dont own it in first place..
I love BTC and others as well, and I bet against it that BTC will be 1000 or less end of June

so we all have opinion, but thats a bout it..ask Warren Buffet about his strategy

PS: one thing is for sure,
one will be right and other will be wrong at the end, thats a 100% certain !

good luck guessing

chryspano

afaik we are in Bitshares price discussion thread. Can we be ontopic?  :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Special mention to the three coins that were on polo and got delisted on my list: I/OCoin, Rubycoin, and Supernet.

I randomly picked Rubycoin from your list and took a look at it. It has 1,200,000 coins pre mined and according to the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/rby/ there are only 3 nodes running - the owner of the 1,2MLN, the exchange and the block explorer is my guess... Good luck with your picks.

You literally picked the one I was least sure about on my entire list, but ok.  Dev is active in it, though not a lot of others are. 

I can assure you thats not the case for most of the coins I listed, which have quite active communities.

If you make a mistake on one, well, thats why you diversify.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

chryspano

Does anyone know what is going on? Bts definetly is geting some attetion it deserves but all this sudden paranoia in almost all alts is not "normal"

I'd like to know that too. It's just crazy. Even for crypto markets.

I do enjoy it though, as long as it lasts  :D

I was reading another blog on steemit today https://steemit.com/cryptocurrency/@jrcornel/updated-steem-price-analysis-steem-tops-the-usd1-mark and this time I paid attention to the "Japan factor",  if this quote below is true, my wild guess is that part of the huge rise in price and trading volume both in BTS and STEEM might be the inclusion of BTS and STEEM in some of those exchanges, a very wild speculation, I know. In any case this huge rise in trading volume can only be a huge positive imo.

More than 10 brand new virtual currency exchanges are coming online right now in Japan. Plus, the consumption tax on virtual currency trading is being eliminated in June. That is causing massive demand from the region.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

You jinx it..  :(

Offline Tuck Fheman

Lucksacks.com - The Largest Cryptocurrency Freeroll Poker Site in the World!

Offline sahkan

• View Profile
    • BitShares DEX

Special mention to the three coins that were on polo and got delisted on my list: I/OCoin, Rubycoin, and Supernet.

I randomly picked Rubycoin from your list and took a look at it. It has 1,200,000 coins pre mined and according to the block explorer https://chainz.cryptoid.info/rby/ there are only 3 nodes running - the owner of the 1,2MLN, the exchange and the block explorer is my guess... Good luck with your picks.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads