Author Topic: Buy Keyhotee ID with ProtoShares 10 PTS+  (Read 25511 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
can I buy now? And how much?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

No sry, Keyhotee founder ID purchasing for early supporters was finished on december 24th last year
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
can I buy now? And how much?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

Does anyone think the 10 PTS price is too high for a found id at current time?

I think the title of this thread is misleading and causing confusion.  It should be, "Donate 10 PTS and receive a Founder ID as a Thank You" or something similar.  At any rate as I've said before those that donated early lost the option to sell if PTS really took off.  By delaying your donation you've kept that sell option open for yourself and 3I hasn't had the funds for dev costs during that time.  Viewed from that perspective the early donors have paid more in opportunity costs than those on the fence about donating now.

On a side note a question for Stan or Bytemaster: 

My PTS wallet has a lot of private keys in use due to mining (both solo and pooled) as well as generating addresses for various reasons.  I was thinking of sending my wallet balance to a new wallet so that all PTS are stored in a single pirv/pub key pair.  Is there any advantage/disadvantage to doing this?  Currently I feel my wallet is a bit fragmented but I also don't want to lose the age of the coins/transactions if that matters for anything.

Thanks.

We will provide tools for importing all keys from a wallet and will not make people go through the manual process used in MMC.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

Does anyone think the 10 PTS price is too high for a found id at current time?

I think the title of this thread is misleading and causing confusion.  It should be, "Donate 10 PTS and receive a Founder ID as a Thank You" or something similar.  At any rate as I've said before those that donated early lost the option to sell if PTS really took off.  By delaying your donation you've kept that sell option open for yourself and 3I hasn't had the funds for dev costs during that time.  Viewed from that perspective the early donors have paid more in opportunity costs than those on the fence about donating now.

On a side note a question for Stan or Bytemaster: 

My PTS wallet has a lot of private keys in use due to mining (both solo and pooled) as well as generating addresses for various reasons.  I was thinking of sending my wallet balance to a new wallet so that all PTS are stored in a single pirv/pub key pair.  Is there any advantage/disadvantage to doing this?  Currently I feel my wallet is a bit fragmented but I also don't want to lose the age of the coins/transactions if that matters for anything.

Thanks.

Offline Brent.Allsop

• View Profile
    • Canonizer.com

I need 10 protoshares to do this in time, but cryptsy.com is down, and I don't have another way to purchase them before the deadline.

Can someone loan me 10 shares for this?  If you can, please contact me at brent.allsop at canonizer.com

Thanks

Brent Allsop

Offline seraphim

I don't find it to be too expensive. PTS value has been higher before, some days ago it was like 300$ for an ID. And as we all expect PTS to rise it will probably be much more in the future. But you're not buying something of monetary value - founder IDs are a way of supporting 3I (at the moment the only possible way to give them some funds).

If you don't want to/cannot spend that amount just wait for the launch of keyhotee and get yourself a simple free ID.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 03:16:38 pm by seraphim »
Meet you on STEEM

Offline 029xue

• View Profile
Does anyone think the 10 PTS price is too high for a found id at current time? 10 PTS now worth about 0.2 BTC (around 150 US dollars) and I think it's too experience.

I've 15 machines each with 150+ collisions/min and after a whole week's mining, I still can not afford it as only about 8 PTS are mined in a whole week!

Hope the price could be more friendly as the PTS value has increased much since Nov. Thanks.

Offline bytemaster

If they had a key logger to grab your password then yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
I watched the keyhotee video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZaTdEtK-8 and was wondering, what if a trojan is able to steal your wallet password and files, would they then have access to your reputation and money in your keyhotee account?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Just a question: I signed for my ID when it was 0,25 BTC minimum, if I would like to add some PTS to bounce it up a bit how is this done? Am I bonded to the 10 PTS minimum or can I add any amount?

Just register again using the same name, desired Keyhotee ID, and email account (or tell me what old BTC account address you want to link to in the message field.)  I'll send you a PTS address and then sum the market values of the old and new account on Dec 24th in USD to add apples to apples.

If you already have a wallet address from us, you can add to it as often as you like.  One person told me they actually hooked a miner up to their address and left it running for a while.  Now that's commitment!   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I finally decided to look into what this Keyhotee was and I have to say I'm very excited for this thing to take off! I was going to mine 10 PTS to sell and add to my LTC fund but I'm going to put it towards a reserved ID instead.

Just one question though, it might have been already answered but... How do you know these companies will adopt Keyotee?

As always, you must grow a large user base and then the big name companies will come to you.  We believe that concern over the exposed abuses of untrustworthy and/or tyrannical governments and the network effect of each new adopter encouraging their associates to interact with them through Keyhotee's private channels will grow the user base virally.

Also when will we be able to buy stock in the company? This is something I'd really like to get into before big names get their greedy hands on lol

We have no plans to go public at this time.  We don't want to become Too Big To Quit (TBTQ), at least until our Free Space technology and key DACs are safely released into the wild and belong to the world, not us.  If we do suddenly quit, you may assume that someone has attempted to coerce us into violating our published core principles.  Then others will have to pick up the torch.  Hence our efforts to stimulate a distributed community of independent entrepreneurs and developers with many people familiar with our open source code.

The best way to invest in the potential of Invictus right now is to own ProtoShares.   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile
I finally decided to look into what this Keyhotee was and I have to say I'm very excited for this thing to take off! I was going to mine 10 PTS to sell and add to my LTC fund but I'm going to put it towards a reserved ID instead.

Just one question though, it might have been already answered but... How do you know these companies will adopt Keyotee?

As always, you must grow a large user base and then the big name companies will come to you.  We believe that concern over the exposed abuses of untrustworthy and/or tyrannical governments and the network effect of each new adopter encouraging their associates to interact with them through Keyhotee's private channels will grow the user base virally.

Also when will we be able to buy stock in the company? This is something I'd really like to get into before big names get their greedy hands on lol
PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
But until Keyhotee goes live, we have to do it manually, corruptible humans though we are.   :)
...or as you said on http://invictus-innovations.com/anewbirthoffreedom:
Invictus, of course, is not a DAC (and therefore shouldn't be trusted fully).

;)

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
Quick Question About Keyhotee:
You said one of the factors of increasing your reputation is to mine blocks for your account, but can you also buy these mined blocks for your account?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
There will be no round of open bidding.  You can add to your "sealed bid" at any time before Christmas Eve but we can't have an auction for several practical reasons:
Correct me if I'm getting this wrong:
you "collect" all Founder-IDs in a "secret" list only you can see - until Xmas.
The list is not public because you don't want others to steal clever name ideas.
If someone wants to be sure he gets his clever name after Christmas Eve, he should add to his "sealed bid" an unknown amount of PTS.
Looking at the "open" aspect of the whole thing: who guarantees that you don't steal the clever names yourself as you have everything you need for it (the name and the highest bid). I don't want to allege that you do - but you (and nobody else) would be able to.
Wouldn't something like first come - first served be better?

Keyhotee itself has an incorruptible block chain process built in which will autonomously issue names for free on a first-come first-served basis, just as you wish.

But until Keyhotee goes live, we have to do it manually, corruptible humans though we are.   :)

Auctions are a common way to get the best price for an item and are generally perceived as a fair, free market way to distribute limited resources to those who value them the most. Open ascending price auctions might be optimum but they could not protect a person's novel name idea from being seized by someone with more resources.  First-price sealed bid auctions are how many competitive contracts are awarded where the legitimate intellectual property of the bidders must be protected. 

From wikipedia: 
Sealed first-price auction, also known as a first-price sealed-bid auction (FPSB). In this type of auction all bidders simultaneously submit sealed bids so that no bidder knows the bid of any other participant. The highest bidder pays the price they submitted.[3][16] This type of auction is distinct from the English auction, in that bidders can only submit one bid each. Furthermore, as bidders cannot see the bids of other participants they cannot adjust their own bids accordingly.[16] This kind of bid produces the same outcome as Dutch auction.[18] What are effectively sealed first-price auctions are commonly called tendering for procurement by companies and organisations, particularly for government contracts and auctions for mining leases.[16]

We decided that crypto-wallet technology allowed us to implement a sealed-bid best-and-final-offer auction where people could continue to add to their secret bid while mining remained (theoretically) lucrative and while their assessment of the value of the product continued to grow. 

It also kept our pre-Keyhotee manual workload within the realm of practical feasibility.   :)

In the end it must be remembered that this auction is layered upon a simple donation for a good cause process as a special thank-you.  The IDs are not being sold.  The credit toward your bid is a perk.

Offline JustHayden

• View Profile

PTS: PjUAPsLu76Yi9516zFgHqtFYs2sBbAMwUx
Keyhotee: 7hQmwpf8ujy6h9jRkR7MPFqKNij3DrLifoDaemUUjaHLiUsy4g

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
There will be no round of open bidding.  You can add to your "sealed bid" at any time before Christmas Eve but we can't have an auction for several practical reasons:
Correct me if I'm getting this wrong:
you "collect" all Founder-IDs in a "secret" list only you can see - until Xmas.
The list is not public because you don't want others to steal clever name ideas.
If someone wants to be sure he gets his clever name after Christmas Eve, he should add to his "sealed bid" an unknown amount of PTS.
Looking at the "open" aspect of the whole thing: who guarantees that you don't steal the clever names yourself as you have everything you need for it (the name and the highest bid). I don't want to allege that you do - but you (and nobody else) would be able to.
Wouldn't something like first come - first served be better?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
More Frequently Asked Questions...

Are Keyhotee IDs transferable? Every corporate name seems up for grabs, and my understanding is that name squatters now get prosecuted. If I purchased "IBM" or "Microsoft" then is there a way that I could transfer the ID if I wanted to or was ordered by a court to?  If you want to make money off the names then you could consider guarding against use of corporate names like "IBM". Not sure how to do that, but it seems like asking for trouble if you don't.

No.  They are locked in the genesis block forever as a monument to the Noble Founders who gave Keyhotee to the world. 

Keyhotee IDs, like email addresses, are for personal names, not corporate names.  DomainNames is for corporate identities associated with an IP address and they have their own set of rules.  There is nothing to stop someone from using any combination of characters for their Keyhotee IDs.  The fiat world does not rule free space. 

Since Keyhotee IDs are locked in the genesis block of a block chain controlled by the entire community, it will be impossible for anyone to order it changed.  That's the whole point of freedom engineering.

I'm concerned about the "pull ranks" comments. It seems more like an unequal caste system being built than a equality-under-the-law system. How about if the ruling caste at least give a list of names in advance that no other shall claim so that we know everything else is up for grabs?

Perhaps an unfortunate choice of words.  "Rank" was just our shorthand for the rank ordering of Founders by size of contribution for several purposes:

• Resolving collisions. When a name is desired by more than one person we feel that it should go to the person who values it the most, i.e. the highest bidder.  Ties are broken by who bid first.
  • Good citizen points.  The more generous someone has been in contributing to the Keyhotee vision, the less likely they are to be a scammer. This is only one small part of a reputation that must be built up of many components.  See my earlier posts on this topic.
  • Sponsor Billing.  It is common for those who sponsor any enterprise or event to be given top billing proportional to the size of their contribution. So, wherever we list them for recognition purposes, it will be in conventional top billing order.  (Of course, only those specifically requesting to be listed will be included.  Keyhotee IDs are anonymous by default.  Privacy is freedom.)

Better yet would be if you let bitSharesTalk.org be used to reserve names that have the option to be purchased for 10 PTS by a certain date. "bytemaster" and "Stan" would get first dibbs on their IDs by the same rules as the rest of us. No need to create an unjust system with resentment and worry. People will still need to pay a fixed amount to get a Keyhotee ID for their forum ID or else it can be purchased by someone else at highest market price. The owner of the forum ID can pay a base price and need not fear being outbid or having "ranks pulled".

We will apply the same rules to everybody, including ourselves.  Those rules are that the greater the contribution, the higher the priority in the case of a conflict.  If someone makes a donation greater than one of our investors, they will have priority over that investor.  (Go ahead, make our day.  ;D)

I'm concerned about these closed bids being opened to a round of open bidding late in the cycle. If the point is to maximize your ability to sell names then you'll accomplish that; however, people already resent how quickly mining became unprofitable and this just grows resentment. You want this to be more than a sandbox that a few privileged play in then you should provide and low barriers with equal opportunity. Opportunities for participants and not just the elite caste and mining farmers.

• We can't spend time on that, we have a whole world to change. :)
  • Publishing a list of names would unfairly reveal somebody's clever name to others who wouldn't have thought of it.
  • Many people naturally want their names to remain private.  Why publish a "spam me" list?

In the end, the Keyhotee Founder ID promotion is intended to generate interest and raise funds to advance the whole ecosystem for everybody's benefit.  Founder ID's are just a small way for us to say thank you for the people who want to do that.

Offline bytemaster

How long does it take after we sign up to get our email notice with payment info. I don't want to miss it or have it go to spam.

Within 24 hours.  We process them once per day.

Offline spoonman

• View Profile
How long does it take after we sign up to get our email notice with payment info. I don't want to miss it or have it go to spam.

Offline bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

Will the list be made public prior to closing?

We are working on it!

Offline Brekyrself

• View Profile
Will the list be made public prior to closing?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Just a question: I signed for my ID when it was 0,25 BTC minimum, if I would like to add some PTS to bounce it up a bit how is this done? Am I bonded to the 10 PTS minimum or can I add any amount?

Register for a new Keyhotee Founder ID and tell me what you want to do in the message field.  I'll link your old BTC account to the new PTS account manually.   Just tell me the BTC account number we gave you before.  In return, I'll send you a PTS wallet account for further additions.

Since each account we have sent out is an ordinary wallet account, you can send funds to it as often as you like.  You could even point a miner at that account and just let it run.   :D

Then when you are all celebrating the holidays, I'll be holed up at Great Grandma's House converting all accounts to the market price in USD on Christmas Eve and compute your Founders Rank (name picking order) as the sum of the two accounts in USD.

This response should make it clear that we are hand processing each Keyhotee Founder's ID request like the premium concierge service we are (hence the minimum bid).  Since this is a one-off promotion, it didn't make sense to take time away from Things That Matter to implement some automated system that won't be used after Keyhotee Genesis Day.  (Although in the time it has taken us to service the traffic, we might have been able to develop a Glorious Web Site to handle it.)  No regrets.  I actually enjoy seeing all the creative names people are grabbing.

Anyone who loses a bid will be notified by email as soon as I discover it after Christmas Dinner, and given one last chance to update their ID.  If no response from you is available when we have to go to press, then we will use the backup names you have provided in the order you listed them.

Offline carisma

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
ProtoShares is not for Keyhotee ID.... ProtoShares is for a position in the genesis block of BitShares and all other currency based block-chains. 

We reduced the price on our website to 10 PTS

This is much more reasonable.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Whew, we just got caught up.  Everyone should have their Keyhotee Founder ID responses (for one brief shining moment).

Offline bytemaster

Note: we are processing requests manually at this point in time, do not fret if it takes a while for us to respond to your requests as we do them in batches about once per day.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
signed ... looking forward to get PTS payout address for my kehotee ID founder account...thx

me too, waiting for the payment address :D

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
signed ... looking forward to get PTS payout address for my kehotee ID founder account...thx
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
ProtoShares is not for Keyhotee ID.... ProtoShares is for a position in the genesis block of BitShares and all other currency based block-chains. 

thank you.

Offline bytemaster

When we initialize your reputation in the Keyhotee ID chain, we will use the market price of PTS and BTC at $0.10 per reputation point.    So someone who paid 100 PTS will end up with 10x as much initial reputation in the Keyhotee ID chain. 

Offline bytemaster

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
We are also accepting Keyhotee ID PreOrders for 100+ PTS!

http://invictus-innovations.com/founder-sign-up

Jesus Christ! 100+PTS?

That is like 10 BTC. Sorry but who is going to pay 100+ PTS for a Keyhotee ID?
Maybe you mean more like 12 PTS.

I agree,
the price was 12 PTS yesterday, this is a big drop.

It was actually a major price hike considering the cost of acquiring PTS and their value to those who believe in what we are doing enough to buy a Keyhotee ID.

I would argue that "price hike" based on current exchange rates is irrelevent.  If you were selling a good that was resellable it might be a valid concern, but given that you expect the value of PTS to go up over time (I assume) it doesn't make sense for this to be price sensitive.

You should not change the price until exchanges exist, but it would be much better if you didnt change the price at all except to lower it.  You will get more people willing to spend 25 PTS if they feel like they're getting a value from you (because it's cheaper than the current BTC exchange), you lose nothing and over time you'll probably gain more value from the PTS than BTC because PTS has more potential for exponential appreciation.

I think you should set the minimums at .25btc or 25 PTS and keep it there until it's flatly untenable.

There is overhead associated with adding names, and they are a premium product....   My reasoning for hiking the price is because the current cost of mining 100PTS is very low... and the REPUTE points you get for being a founder are supposed to indicate that you invested at least $100 in your name.    100 PTS right now only means you invested 1 day of CPU power...   

If you anyone is willing to buy at a Keyhotee ID at $50 or $25 but not $100 then post here.   I would like to understand the demand...

Very low? Even with digital ocean it took close to $100 to mine just hundreds of PTS. Difficulty has skyrocketed.

Now you're right, it is cheap to mine if you mean to say over the long term if everyone mines for months non stop but the last week or so it was extremely difficult to mine to the point that you had to do a fork.

I doubt many people have 1000PTS. I think most people have around 100PTS and many don't even have that so this price point is kind of comical at this point in time. In the future it will be just as comical because when a real exchange is up the price will probably be even higher for a good while. 12.5 PTS is around 0.25 BTC. 
I have devised a solution to the problem of  declaring a price fix indirectly for my Keyhotee ID prices.

I will now ONLY accept payment for Keyhotee IDs via ProtoShares and will credit your ID with the market value of the ProtoShares as of Christmas Eve so you do not lose any appreciation and it all gets credited to your ID.

This is what you should have done all along. Protoshares are a sort of credit coin or stock which represents all of Invictus Innovations. It should be that you only deal in PTS and this way the value of PTS increases.

Keep in mind these posts were a few days ago when the value of 100PTS was substantially lower than .25btc, and mining was about 32x less difficult.

This is exactly what I was concerned about though, now they either have to lower the price or have fewer people take up their pre-order offer because its simply not economical.

They did it wrong. When people choose to redeem your currency or stock for your goods or services you're supposed to offer a dramatic discount. If it's cheaper to use another currency (Bitcoin) to get a Keyhotee idea then what is the point of having protoshares?

They should offer a 15-20% discount for anyone willing to buy an ID with protoshares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)

Jesus Christ! 100+PTS?

I agree,

It was actually a major price hike considering the cost of acquiring PTS and their value to those who believe in what we are doing enough to buy a Keyhotee ID.

I would argue that "price hike" based on current exchange rates is irrelevent.  If you were selling a good that was resellable it might be a valid concern, but given that you expect the value of PTS to go up over time (I assume) it doesn't make sense for this to be price sensitive.

You should not change the price until exchanges exist, but it would be much better if you didnt change the price at all except to lower it.  You will get more people willing to spend 25 PTS if they feel like they're getting a value from you (because it's cheaper than the current BTC exchange), you lose nothing and over time you'll probably gain more value from the PTS than BTC because PTS has more potential for exponential appreciation.

I think you should set the minimums at .25btc or 25 PTS and keep it there until it's flatly untenable.

There is overhead associated with adding names, and they are a premium product....   My reasoning for hiking the price is because the current cost of mining 100PTS is very low... and the REPUTE points you get for being a founder are supposed to indicate that you invested at least $100 in your name.    100 PTS right now only means you invested 1 day of CPU power...   

If you anyone is willing to buy at a Keyhotee ID at $50 or $25 but not $100 then post here.   I would like to understand the demand...

Very low? Even with digital ocean it took close to $100 to mine just hundreds of PTS. Difficulty has skyrocketed.

Now you're right, it is cheap to mine if you mean to say over the long term if everyone mines for months non stop but the last week or so it was extremely difficult to mine to the point that you had to do a fork.

I doubt many people have 1000PTS. I think most people have around 100PTS and many don't even have that so this price point is kind of comical at this point in time. In the future it will be just as comical because when a real exchange is up the price will probably be even higher for a good while. 12.5 PTS is around 0.25 BTC. 
I have devised a solution to the problem of  declaring a price fix indirectly for my Keyhotee ID prices.

I will now ONLY accept payment for Keyhotee IDs via ProtoShares and will credit your ID with the market value of the ProtoShares as of Christmas Eve so you do not lose any appreciation and it all gets credited to your ID.

This is what you should have done all along. Protoshares are a sort of credit coin or stock which represents all of Invictus Innovations. It should be that you only deal in PTS and this way the value of PTS increases.

Keep in mind these posts were a few days ago when the value of 100PTS was substantially lower than .25btc, and mining was about 32x less difficult.

This is exactly what I was concerned about though, now they either have to lower the price or have fewer people take up their pre-order offer because its simply not economical.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile

Jesus Christ! 100+PTS?

I agree,

« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 10:16:00 am by luckybit »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
Sorry, but I have to point it out again:

current Price for 100 PTS is 0.8 BTC - initially you wanted 0.25 for an ID...

You could honor those people who paid 100, but I'd like to request once again a price drop to 25 PTS.

(I really want an ID ;) )

Offline bg002h

• View Profile
Well…it'll be at least a week for me...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I'd pay around $25 for an ID. (25- MAX 40PTS)

Right now the number of people signing up for Keyhotee IDs is only a couple per day so they can easily get some PTS :)

I guess it'll take me at least 48 hours to mine 100PTS - not that easy I'd say
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 09:26:09 am by favdesu »

Offline bytemaster

Is that a better solution before a non-manual exchange exists?

Yes, because you can currently mine PTS easily enough and part of supporting Keyhotee is supporting ProtoShares so having a few extra bids helps.    An exchange will be available soon. 

Right now the number of people signing up for Keyhotee IDs is only a couple per day so they can easily get some PTS :) 

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
Is that a better solution before a non-manual exchange exists?
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline bytemaster

Offline bytemaster

Oh I believe PTS will go up in value, but the fact remains that I would devalue those Keyhotee IDs that paid with BTC if I allowed a 'back door' where someone could take BTC, buy PTS and then acquire a Keyhotee ID for less.   The market has spoken and is currently pricing PTS at $0.50 to $1.00 and regardless of my opinion, that is what it currently costs to buy them. 

I priced Keyhotee IDs at less than $100 prior to Bitcoin rising from $150 to $250... but the whole point of the IDs is to FUND development of Keyhotee.   By accepting PTS it might help long term but would not help with immediate fund raising efforts.    Keyhotee IDs are rewards for people who effectively donate to the project so we can hire people to get things done.

Market prices are all that matters and just like I wouldn't pay 1 BTC to buy 1 PTS right now... I cannot sell Keyhotee IDs at anything other than the market price.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
Are you selling PTS to pay for the overhead?  If not, seems moot to me given they'll be exponentially more valuable if you succeed and not much less valuable if you fail.

Either way, if the project does ANYTHING the value of PTS will go up far beyond where it is now, so why do you need to take a short term approach?  You WANT it to be percieved as a good value because otherwise why would someone want to do it.  If you don't believe in the future value of your currency why should anyone else.

Offline bytemaster

I agree,

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
I agree,

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
I'd love to pay 25 PTS for an ID but not 100

Offline bytemaster

I agree,

Offline bytemaster

People may see the rate as an official exchange rate. It might be bad for ProtoShares exchange and further BitShares exchange.

Perhaps, but in this case they are trading PTS for Reputation Points in Keyhotee ID... another speculative play.  If people start choosing to pay us in PTS over BTC we will up the rate :)   Though anyone who believes in what we are doing would never sell their 100 PTS for $50 so I don't think this will affect things too much.

Offline Lighthouse

• View Profile
I agree,

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
People may see the rate as an official exchange rate. It might be bad for ProtoShares exchange and further BitShares exchange.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline bytemaster

We are also accepting Keyhotee ID PreOrders for 10+ PTS!

Now just 10 PTS
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 01:21:52 pm by cassiopaia »