Author Topic: Psychiatric Help, 5 PTS  (Read 9226 times)

Offline fuzzy

+5%

This would be a good opportunity to apologize on my part for sniping...if not grenade throwing. 

For what it's worth, though, there are some things that should be more out in the open for the community to know.  Many Devs are asking investors to put hard-earned money into largely experimental projects.  It is important for everyone to know the lay of the land and transparency is not always pretty. Trust is formed over time through transparency and though these are "trustless" systems, Devs are still human and humans each have their own unique baggage (which can, in turn, effect projects).  I imagine if everyone were to know our Politicians' baggage, both they and the citizenry would make far more informed decisions and many of the problems we face today would not be so daunting.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 11:51:04 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
I love how the forum has calmed down in the past few days.
For the most part, people are talking courteously, the way they would face-to-face, not hiding behind a keyboard lobbing grenades.

Every once in a while, when I am tempted to criticize the efforts of others, I like to get out President Teddy Roosevelt's famous quote and recalibrate my attitude...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

+5%

Your timing is impeccable Stan.

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

For the most part, people are talking courteously, the way they would face-to-face, not hiding behind a keyboard lobbing grenades.

+1

Great quote too.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Every once in a while, when I am tempted to criticize the efforts of others, I like to get out President Teddy Roosevelt's famous quote and recalibrate my attitude...

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:10:55 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Bitstrader

• View Profile
Haha, thats awesome! You should stay really busy with that kind of thinking.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
But there's so many people out there who need my help!  I must keep it within reach of the masses.

;D
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Bitstrader

• View Profile
Why cut your rates? Your service is one of the few accepting PTS as payment right now (The financial sector is growing, but other wise...).

Offline Bitstrader

• View Profile
Rationalization #3 - The opportunity window isn't over and they're still for sale!

My brother and mother just installed another little pool of mac mini's.  They're in this for the long haul.  Even if they are just sweeping up PTS dust between now and the next DAC launch, that dust will be worth having.  They are counting on us coming up with a better way for the little guy to get in on the action in the upcoming rounds and plan to be ready this time.

No pressure.

Meanwhile, they decided to break down and just buy some PTS. I did too. While we were all in a mining frenzy the past two weeks trying to get something for "free", wise investors just bought some saw their PTS go from 0.001 to .01 BTC.  One full order of magnitude.  Not bad for two weeks. 

You have'nt missed out.  They're still cheap.  Now get back out there and buy one for the Gipper!

Gee, I feel better already!

I have wanted to buy PTS also, with cash, but also in it for the long haul I am thinking of mining as a my means of retirement.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Psychiatric Help, er, 2.5 PTS

Egad, PTS has gone from 30 to 66 CNY in the past day.

I've had to cut my rates in half.   :)

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Rationalization #3 - The opportunity window isn't over and they're still for sale!

My brother and mother just installed another little pool of mac mini's.  They're in this for the long haul.  Even if they are just sweeping up PTS dust between now and the next DAC launch, that dust will be worth having.  They are counting on us coming up with a better way for the little guy to get in on the action in the upcoming rounds and plan to be ready this time.

No pressure.

Meanwhile, they decided to break down and just buy some PTS. I did too. While we were all in a mining frenzy the past two weeks trying to get something for "free", wise investors just bought some saw their PTS go from 0.001 to .01 BTC.  One full order of magnitude.  Not bad for two weeks. 

You have'nt missed out.  They're still cheap.  Now get back out there and buy one for the Gipper!

Gee, I feel better already!

Offline Lighthouse

• Making a Market in PTS since 11/06/2013
    • View Profile
    • Lighthouse Bulk Orders and Trusted Escrow (Closed)
Tipped you a quarter, thanks for thinking it through.
Before you say the price of PTS is too high, take a look at theThe Reason.  Protoshares are an entirely new type of Cryptocurrency, one that pays to hold.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Rationalization #2.  I'm thinking 4-dimensionally.

I'm here to make you feel better.  Think of it this way:

Finding 1 ProtoShare a day might not seem like much right now, but for investors with vision its not hard to imagine that single lousy ProtoShare equalling a tenth of a bitcoin in a few months.  Maybe half a bitcoin in a year.  Counting the value of the DACs it spawns that one ProtoShare could accumulate a whole bitcoin's worth of wealth in the foreseeable future. 

Would you be happy finding a new bitcoin in your wallet once a day?  Seize your poor little ProtoCoin now and take it back to the future.  That's where we're all headed anyway, at the rate of one day per day.

I don't mourn the departure those who are in this to turn a quick profit and move on to the next altcoin.  The people who matter to me are the investors who see the vision and are in this with us for the long haul.  They are the ones who will take the time to master DAC-based trading and use their shares to build more wealth.  They will ultimately prevail.

Patience is a virtue.  I expect to see the virtuous rewarded. 

Now get back out there on the battlefield and mine another one for the Gipper!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Rationalization #1.  Its better than playing the lottery.

I see a lot of lamenting about how hard the mining has been.  I don’t know what you’re talking about! My MacBook Air has already won two lotteries, netting 95.125 PTS, in two days!  When PTS reaches parity with BTC (hey, this is a right-brain thread) that will be worth something north of fifteen kilobucks!  When BitShares launches, I get 95.125 of its shares that will start earning dividends on the first block mined.  And I'll get 95.125 shares in every new trading exchange instance of BitShares.  And every other DAC spawned from ProtoShares.  And I’ll probably earn dividends on most of them!  Spending hashes to win ProtoShares is like buying mini lottery tickets to win mega lottery tickets to win cases of mega lottery tickets to win pallets of cases of mega lottery tickets.   And I win more often than buying one of those scratch-and-sniff cards.  Its all about perspective, you see.  Now get back out there and mine one for the Gipper!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

We’re all big boys and girls.  Many are veterans of former hash wars.  So intellectually we all know the score.  We know why mining is supposed to be hard. We know that markets can be irrational and volatile. Nevertheless, everyone occasionally gets a small case of Hash Traumatic Stress Disorder (HTSD) and loses sight of the Big Picture.  There are sound psychological reasons we are all out there in the hash trenches. It’s why humans succeed as a species.  Time to turn off that left brain, drink a cup of Kool-Aid, and let your right brain run free.  I’m a Certified Quack Psychiatrist (CQP) and here to get you pumped up and back out onto the battlefield as soon as possible.   If I cure your mining and trading blues, and you feel compelled leave a big tip (e.g. to insure good mining karma), you may send vast quantities of ProtoShares (PTS) to PuiWo9RKkSR3Y31CqXEdpRaCF2HQwtfjGf.  Your actual mileage may vary.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2013, 05:02:23 pm by bytemaster »