Author Topic: Dan's Interview is on 'Let's Talk Bitcoin'  (Read 6309 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile

We need Adam and Charles H back. I sometimes didn't like their approach and various other things, but their voice has been missed.

After all cryptos took a beating maybe we feel more like a family?  Maybe not? 

Regardless that was a great interview.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline blockhead

• View Profile
Great interview, the amount if new features to DPOS 2.0 is just amazing!

Offline yellowecho

Excellent interview!
The format was good and Adam asked some great questions.  Nice to see Adam back around these parts  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
I am looking forward to getting my hands on Graphene powered Bitshares custom blockchain for Tokenly

Or an identical functioning custom UIA for Tokenly on the BitShares bockchain for a fraction of the cost at a fraction of the total development time..

It looks like Crypronomex just landed another gig.

I wonder if Pat Byrne of Overstock will change his mind about contracting Cryptonomex when he sees that Graphene just blew Medici out of the water performance-wise

Who will be the next businessman floored by Graphene?

It looks like Cryptonomex might need to expand their operations due to exploding demand.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 03:13:15 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Next time Dan is on the show, how about inviting Andreas as well? I would love to hear him debate with Dan on this subject since Andreas has openly said stupid generalizations about how other blockchains are guaranteed to be less secure and pointless etc.

They had a discussion on the DPoS episode.
https://letstalkbitcoin.com/blog/post/lets-talk-bitcoin-129-dogeparty-and-delegated-proof-of-stake

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
+5% That was a great interview.

One thing I don't understand - to what does 'Some Other Castle' refer? I've not heard the phrase before!

Not sure. What my mind immediately goes to is this:

You got it. 

The reference is to the development approach that has led to starting over with big parts of the core ecosystem (like the consensus method and now the entire blockchain portion of the codebase) where success appears right around the corner, but when you get there it turns out the journey was the valuable part of the lesson and you've got to start the journey all over again because what you seek simply isn't going to be found where you are now.

I quite enjoyed the interview and am looking forward to getting my hands on Graphene powered Bitshares (and potentially a custom blockchain for Tokenly)

There is an ulterior meaning, LTB usually talks about Bitcoin and a dip into bitshares is akin to visiting "some other castle" where other means different from bitcoin.

Adam, great to see you back here again :)   +5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline puptothekit

• View Profile
Wow, that was great.  Adam is a top-notch interviewer.  And with limited time to cover a lot of ground, Dan really gave a fantastic overview for anyone newly looking into Bitshares.  Of course it would be great if they could do a follow-up, with a deeper dive into some of the details, perhaps this time with Andreas participating.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
great interview! I am almost finishing it and I can assure there is no part that could be wasted. Thank you +5%

Welcome on board.  :)

Yep Welcome :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Im listening through it now. Great interview!

Im at the point where Dan is talking about monetizing the software by licensing it for private blockchains. Next time Dan is on the show, how about inviting Andreas as well? I would love to hear him debate with Dan on this subject since Andreas has openly said stupid generalizations about how other blockchains are guaranteed to be less secure and pointless etc.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 05:38:44 pm by speedy »

Offline testz

great interview! I am almost finishing it and I can assure there is no part that could be wasted. Thank you +5%

Welcome on board.  :)

Offline seocuenta

• View Profile
great interview! I am almost finishing it and I can assure there is no part that could be wasted. Thank you +5% ! :D
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 06:14:25 am by seocuenta »

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Finally got to listen to it.. very very good!

Well done  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Thank you Adam B. Levine! I love your interviewing method. In depth and with authentic curiosity and understanding of the subject.

I understand this was done before CCEDK and some other announcements. Do you plan on doing an episode about that?

Hell, with the speed things are going, Bitshares should have a weekly show on LTB network!

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
 very well done BM. I thought there was a lot of detail and some good basic explanations.
I like hearing BM be interviewed, its never a sales pitch and always educational.
 +5%