Author Topic: [ANN] BANX Capital Joins BitShares Exchange Network  (Read 66124 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline ag

• View Profile
In conclusion...

Today is a sad day, a day that I never wanted to see happen but none the less the day has had to come. I announce that Banx is closing down. I have previously said that intention is everything and its always been my intention to do the right thing and grow Banx into a worldwide crypto currency business but after 2 years of extremely hard work I have done everything I can and personally cannot support the business any more. I have had to let all of my employees go together with the offices over the last few months.

There simply is no support any more for this kind of business. I believe the industry wasn’t ready for it and the funding is not available any further. I think its indicative of the crypto currency industry of not only the troll type behaviour that I have endured over the last few months and I also think that banks and governments are not ready to accept the type of business that Banx is. It’s cost a lot of time and money trying to make this a viable legitimate business and its just not possible any more with the cruet climate in the industry.

Thanks to everyone that has supported me I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart and I am really sorry how this has happened and how this final chapter has played out.

All further communications need to be directed to bansemail@gmail.com. This is the only communication channel that will be monitored.

To all all of the people, friends, family and business associates who have supported me with this business you will all have received a personal email from me prior to this announcement. Please check your emails that I have on file for you.

Once again, it’s a sad day, I apologise to everyone that I have tried my best but I can do no more.

Best Regards

Mark Lyford

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
yeah for this i hope will be an official bulleting board with all specs of all listed

at time bitshares will be discovered by a lot of people, be sure this throuble will happen a lot but with people that never come to forum to say hi or present,
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 02:28:23 pm by infovortice2013 »
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Taking it up the ass on MCXNOW was the final push that got me into making an exchange. Funny how all things tie together to form a long chain of events and there unintended side effects. Banx.io will be back up within a few day(fingers crossed). I have been working on updating some of the backend functions which is why it is offline. Since the exchange itself received many positive reviews and people felt safe knowing I was watching over them, Mark and I sat down and worked out keeping it open to mutual satisfaction. Please note that Banx.io IS NOT BANX the coin or whatever you want to call it. The exchange is and has always been under my umbrella and is one of the only exchanges to never have been breached (although I bungle things up once in a while lol).

Banx.io was Atomic-Trade which I made to provide a safe and transparent place for people to trade after the scams of MTGOX and MCXNOW, which for the past 3 years it has successfully done. So you may not like Mark or his coin but you can't deny that the exchange and myself have always done the utmost to stay true to the original goal. You don't have to like Mark but what I can tell you with 100% certainty is that he has no intention of scamming anyone and while he may not meet his goals, he always tries his best. I will say that the path to hell is paved with good intentions however that is only if you choose to take that path which Mark could have but instead is taking the harder uphill road, which I think earns him a little bit of leeway on the things that have not panned out. We have all had projects that have not met expectations and Mark is still pushing forward which is more than what 99% of people do. He is not bailing, ditching or jumping ship, instead he is doing what any good business does and is realigning to his strengths.

This is just my 2 cents. I was not paid or asked to say or write this. I actually didn't even intend to write this, I just started writing (doh). I am not a Banx employee, I am not related to anyone who is. I am a contractor for Banx in that I run and host the exchange and it's servers. Of which I do not make a profit only cover costs. If I had a problem with Mark / Banx or thought he intended to rip anyone off I would be more than happy to say so.

Side Note: BANX is on the BTS chain and holders will be free to do as they please once I am done my work on the exchange they will be available with complete freedom.

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline ByronP

• View Profile
Taking it up the ass on MCXNOW was the final push that got me into making an exchange. Funny how all things tie together to form a long chain of events and there unintended side effects. Banx.io will be back up within a few day(fingers crossed). I have been working on updating some of the backend functions which is why it is offline. Since the exchange itself received many positive reviews and people felt safe knowing I was watching over them, Mark and I sat down and worked out keeping it open to mutual satisfaction. Please note that Banx.io IS NOT BANX the coin or whatever you want to call it. The exchange is and has always been under my umbrella and is one of the only exchanges to never have been breached (although I bungle things up once in a while lol).

Banx.io was Atomic-Trade which I made to provide a safe and transparent place for people to trade after the scams of MTGOX and MCXNOW, which for the past 3 years it has successfully done. So you may not like Mark or his coin but you can't deny that the exchange and myself have always done the utmost to stay true to the original goal. You don't have to like Mark but what I can tell you with 100% certainty is that he has no intention of scamming anyone and while he may not meet his goals, he always tries his best. I will say that the path to hell is paved with good intentions however that is only if you choose to take that path which Mark could have but instead is taking the harder uphill road, which I think earns him a little bit of leeway on the things that have not panned out. We have all had projects that have not met expectations and Mark is still pushing forward which is more than what 99% of people do. He is not bailing, ditching or jumping ship, instead he is doing what any good business does and is realigning to his strengths.

This is just my 2 cents. I was not paid or asked to say or write this. I actually didn't even intend to write this, I just started writing (doh). I am not a Banx employee, I am not related to anyone who is. I am a contractor for Banx in that I run and host the exchange and it's servers. Of which I do not make a profit only cover costs. If I had a problem with Mark / Banx or thought he intended to rip anyone off I would be more than happy to say so.

Side Note: BANX is on the BTS chain and holders will be free to do as they please once I am done my work on the exchange they will be available with complete freedom.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
System Messages

ByronP(2016/2/12)
SITE UPDATE: All trading and markets will be closed on Feb 20th, the exchange will be completely closing on Feb 29th. BANX holders will be able to claim there BANX on the BTS network. More information will be coming soon.

https://www.banx.io/
That's at least way better than what mcxnow did with their internal shares .. everyone bought them for 0.4 BTC and they closed down their exchange 3 months later ..

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
System Messages

ByronP(2016/2/12)
SITE UPDATE: All trading and markets will be closed on Feb 20th, the exchange will be completely closing on Feb 29th. BANX holders will be able to claim there BANX on the BTS network. More information will be coming soon.

https://www.banx.io/

« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 04:42:08 am by sudo »

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
What is the difference between a "Partner"  , "Client" , "Customer" if we are using the company metaphor to describe Bitshares?

The difference is perception. If a scam artist is officially "partnered" with Bts, that is a big hole that is hard to climb out of! Especially when Bts is already trying to climb out of it's own public perception hole!

Offline Pheonike

What is the difference between a "Partner"  , "Client" , "Customer" if we are using the company metaphor to describe Bitshares?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 06:27:02 pm by Pheonike »

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Drop this guy. Do not associate yourself with him. He put this "membership" on clickbank? WTF...

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
+5% @delulo
The word "Partner" to me is a legal term.

Mark, please definitely change your verbage to something like "is/am/are working with BitShares".

The only real "Partners" that BitShares (a DAC) has really is a blockchain. Without it, neither would profit.

Yup, thats me agreeing with Ken there, for the first time ever.
Partner is a very loaded term, it implies both a genuine 2-way relationship and  mutual approval/endorsement.

Maybe I have a better view on this than BTS insiders, but the overall message that Stan (and others) have been pushing to the non-BTS world is that the relationship between BTS and Banx (or BTS and the other partners) is a solid business partnership. What I read here makes that implied relationship somewhat more ambiguous, but not everyone will bother to come here and check stuff out..

Given my current relationship with Banx, I'd love to see some sort of definition of the extent of BTS commitment to Banx (and vice versa).
If Banx was a prospective Nxt project, the Nxt community would have due diligenced Banx to pieces very quickly  (well, we did anyway, you can thank us later).
An open platform is all very well, but there needs to be a balance between open access and encouraging dubious schemes.
Nxt has evolved a pretty effective community based defense against projects from bad actors, and (imho) BTS needs to develop similar defenses, or at least avoid enthusiastically endorsing projects without subjecting them to some serious due diligence research.

Heres the main "Banx, do not want" thread on BTT, if anyone hasn't seen it yet:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1181883.0

The BitShares blockchain is an autonomous entity, so it's like partnering with a vending machine (referral system) owned by no one. It's an entirely new thing. Partner is just a metaphor - like coin and shares - that was used to describe the relationship.

Offline EvilDave

• View Profile
+5% @delulo
The word "Partner" to me is a legal term.

Mark, please definitely change your verbage to something like "is/am/are working with BitShares".

The only real "Partners" that BitShares (a DAC) has really is a blockchain. Without it, neither would profit.

Yup, thats me agreeing with Ken there, for the first time ever.
Partner is a very loaded term, it implies both a genuine 2-way relationship and  mutual approval/endorsement.

Maybe I have a better view on this than BTS insiders, but the overall message that Stan (and others) have been pushing to the non-BTS world is that the relationship between BTS and Banx (or BTS and the other partners) is a solid business partnership. What I read here makes that implied relationship somewhat more ambiguous, but not everyone will bother to come here and check stuff out..

Given my current relationship with Banx, I'd love to see some sort of definition of the extent of BTS commitment to Banx (and vice versa).
If Banx was a prospective Nxt project, the Nxt community would have due diligenced Banx to pieces very quickly  (well, we did anyway, you can thank us later).
An open platform is all very well, but there needs to be a balance between open access and encouraging dubious schemes.
Nxt has evolved a pretty effective community based defense against projects from bad actors, and (imho) BTS needs to develop similar defenses, or at least avoid enthusiastically endorsing projects without subjecting them to some serious due diligence research.

Heres the main "Banx, do not want" thread on BTT, if anyone hasn't seen it yet:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1181883.0

Nxt....it's so damn good.