Author Topic: [ANN] BANX Capital Joins BitShares Exchange Network  (Read 66106 times)

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
I wonder if BM and co is vetting anything at all.

1.  We met Mark a year ago at a Mastermind Networking Retreat in St. Martin.  He impressed us.
2.  We trust and respect the people who set up that meeting.
3.  Mark continues to be recommended by those and other people we trust.
4.  We have had good interactions and discussions with Mark - comparable to those we have had with equally trusted forum heroes.
5.  We genuinely like Mark.
6.  We are aware that there is lots of favorable and unfavorable web content out there - about us as well.
7.  So the existence of both kinds of content is not in itself a reliable indicator of anything.
8.  We have not hired a private investigator, government agency, or proctologist to do a background or backend investigation.

This is a decentralized, libertarian community open to anyone without needing our permission or blessing.
If this is going to work, this community needs to deal with newcomers in a way that allows them to bring and establish a reputation on its own merits.
Without alienating and offending them before they get a chance to do so.
And anyone who has worked in this troll-infested industry for very long is going to have lots of different opinions out there to be vetted.
Anyone who has ever tried for 100% customer satisfaction with a start up business knows how hard that is to achieve.
So feel free to ask about those issues, hear the explanations, and make up your own minds.

We have not, can not, should not and will not get involved in sorting that out for you.

Thanks for the input Stan. It's no secret that initially I didn't get the Bitshares thing right off the bat when Stan, Dan and I first met. We have some amicable differences. But things move on and what they are doing now makes sense to me and my team.

There is also no secret to me or my life. You only have to google my name to see it all. Some of it is inaccurate, but everything generated by us is. Good and bad. I have always prided myself on being being open and honest about me, my past and my endeavours. I'm aware this may put certain people off, but those people put off by it are not people I am interested in forging relationships with.

Despite my past and what ever moral judgements people may have on it what I am is a guy that works all the hours he can to make his vision and goals come to life. That is the main reason investors have backed me to date and my team work so hard for us all.

And you are right Stan this industry is troll infested and it needs to change to grow up. My personal approach (or at least the approach i try and stick to as much as possible) is to ignore the out and out flamers and trolls, address anyone who is reasonable and concentrate on the business building at hand.

As I have said before I am an open book and am willing to speak to anyone, anyone can add me on skype ID: mjlyford and schedule a call with my PA Zoe - zoe at lyfordoffice.com .

And last of all for those of interested in reading more about me you will get a warts and all account of my life to date (well up until two years ago , its being revised laster this year to reflect all the things I have been doing since May 2013) you can read my book (for free) by downloading it http://rebelentrepreneurbook.s3.amazonaws.com/Mark_Lyford_Rebel_Entrepreneur.pdf . Like I say it's warts and all and some of the scenarios and decisions I made in my life I regret, but its real and honest (maybe a little too honest in some areas).

What I can promise you if you do take the time to read the book you will get a full and real understanding of me, my life and my passion.

All the best

Mark

Can't be any more transparent than that. 

People make mistakes. 

I sure hope people out there attempting to judge Mark on his past businesses or actions take a cold hard look at themselves and drop the stone in their hand. 

And just so everyone knows, I have been trying to make this deal happen since before Bitshares or BANX launched publicly - it is just as Mark said - he didn't get the DPOS thing at first and had differences in opinion on crypto tech - it's taken us all that long to get through it all and come to this point. 

This industry is more fluid than anything I have ever seen.

+5% From what I've seen from following this project, Daniel Larimer's ideas are about a 6-12 months ahead of the crowd.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

1.  We met Mark a year ago at a Mastermind Networking Retreat in St. Martin.  He impressed us.
4.  We have had good interactions and discussions with Mark - comparable to those we have had with equally trusted forum heroes.
6.  We are aware that there is lots of favorable and unfavorable web content out there - about us as well.
7.  So the existence of both kinds of content is not in itself a reliable indicator of anything.
8.  We have not hired a private investigator, government agency, or proctologist to do a background or backend investigation.

This is a decentralized, libertarian community open to anyone without needing our permission or blessing.
If this is going to work, this community needs to deal with newcomers in a way that allows them to bring and establish a reputation on its own merits.
And anyone who has worked in this troll-infested industry for very long is going to have lots of different opinions out there to be vetted.
Anyone who has ever tried for 100% customer satisfaction with a start up business knows how hard that is to achieve.
So feel free to ask about those issues, hear the explanations, and make up your own minds.

We have not, can not, should not and will not get involved in sorting that out for you.

Thanks for the input Stan. It's no secret that initially I didn't get the Bitshares thing right off the bat when Stan, Dan and I first met. We have some amicable differences. But things move on and what they are doing now makes sense to me and my team.

There is also no secret to me or my life. You only have to google my name to see it all. Some of it is inaccurate, but everything generated by us is. Good and bad. I have always prided myself on being being open and honest about me, my past and my endeavours. I'm aware this may put certain people off, but those people put off by it are not people I am interested in forging relationships with.

Despite my past and what ever moral judgements people may have on it what I am is a guy that works all the hours he can to make his vision and goals come to life. That is the main reason investors have backed me to date and my team work so hard for us all.

And you are right Stan this industry is troll infested and it needs to change to grow up. My personal approach (or at least the approach i try and stick to as much as possible) is to ignore the out and out flamers and trolls, address anyone who is reasonable and concentrate on the business building at hand.

As I have said before I am an open book and am willing to speak to anyone, anyone can add me on skype ID: mjlyford and schedule a call with my PA Zoe - zoe at lyfordoffice.com .

And last of all for those of interested in reading more about me you will get a warts and all account of my life to date (well up until two years ago , its being revised laster this year to reflect all the things I have been doing since May 2013) you can read my book (for free) by downloading it http://rebelentrepreneurbook.s3.amazonaws.com/Mark_Lyford_Rebel_Entrepreneur.pdf . Like I say it's warts and all and some of the scenarios and decisions I made in my life I regret, but its real and honest (maybe a little too honest in some areas).

What I can promise you if you do take the time to read the book you will get a full and real understanding of me, my life and my passion.

All the best

Mark

Can't be any more transparent than that. 

People make mistakes. 

I sure hope people out there attempting to judge Mark on his past businesses or actions take a cold hard look at themselves and drop the stone in their hand. 

And just so everyone knows, I have been trying to make this deal happen since before Bitshares or BANX launched publicly - it is just as Mark said - he didn't get the DPOS thing at first and had differences in opinion on crypto tech - it's taken us all that long to get through it all and come to this point. 

This industry is more fluid than anything I have ever seen.

Offline MarkLyford

• Keep going..
    • View Profile
    • Steemology

There is also no secret to me or my life. You only have to google my name to see it all. Some of it is inaccurate, but everything generated by us is. Good and bad. I have always prided myself on being being open and honest about me, my past and my endeavours. I'm aware this may put certain people off working with me, but those people put off by it are not people I am interested in forging relationships with.

Despite my past and what ever moral judgements people may have on it what I am is a guy that works all the hours he can to make his vision and goals come to life. That is the main reason investors have backed me to date and my team work so hard.

And you are right Stan this industry is troll infested and it needs to change to grow up. My personal approach (or at least the approach I try and stick to as much as possible) is to ignore the out and out flamers and trolls, address anyone who is reasonable and concentrate on the business building at hand.

All the best

Mark

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 06:56:01 pm by MarkLyford »
Steem Cash>> http://SteemCash.com >> add me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/marklyford or on Facebook at http://Facebook.com/markylyford . Real Time Crypto Stats: http://CapFeed.com 

Offline MarkLyford

• Keep going..
    • View Profile
    • Steemology
We have some interviews coming out this week which will explain our entire business model and goals and I will be preparing more information for you guys to look over if you wish shortly.
Hi Mark,
I've done some research about Banx Capital and I must say it really looks impressive how much you've achieved in just one year.
However I have some genuine concerns which I hope you'll be able to address in the interviews you mention above.

1. How do you manage to pay monthly dividends if all of your 11 business divisions have come into existence so recently? Are they already profitable? Being a one-year-old startup and already having three offices around the world, for sure you must have relatively huge operational costs. Also, I don't see any financial officer on your team - how do you manage to keep track of all the cash-flows your businesses generate?

2. As the Banx shares are sold privately to individually selected people - how would you explain pretty high daily trading volume on these shares as reported on CMC? What is the rough estimate of the number of shareholders that you have?

[EDIT]: From the discussion on bitcointalk  I can see that BANX trading volume on CMC is currently being investigated for a potential error. But still, if the shares are privately distributed I would not expect to see much trading at all (especially when your existing shareholders should be quite happy with the price appreciation and dividends received - why would they sell on a daily basis?).

And I have another question:
In April this year you announced plans to create a new blockchain for Banx.
I guess your plans might have changed since you decided to join the BTS 2.0 platform but still I wonder how these plans for a new blockchain were related to your existing blockchain. In other words, why did you plan to have a new blockchain if you already had one?

Hi

Thanks for the post.

We pay monthly profits from the businesses running at present, Not all the businesses are currently operational until we are fully funded. (I will go through these in the video and presentations I am doing shortly)

Profits are being paid on earned income from the current activities. Many of the expenses of running the businesses are being covered by my other companies. I am personally invested in the business for well over £100,000 which as I have publicly stated previously will not be taken back until we are fully funded and all Banx shares sold.

Our operational costs are not as much as you may think. We have a full time staff in our UK office and some who work remotely around the world. The other offices in Panama and Hong Kong are virtual offices so costs are next to nothing monthly to run them .

Re financial officer - my PA Zo and business manager Simon run all the financials with our UK based accountants. Once all businesses are operational and we have fully sold Banx shares we will be appointing a full time financial officer (again its an overhead thing and the current team can deal with things at the moment)

Re the ownership question - In order to have profits paid out the Banx shares have to be in our banx.io exchange by the 28th of each month to have payments made on the 30th of each month. Moving forward, at the moment this system will still be in place once we move to Bitshares 2.0. There is an error in the API reporting which our head of tech ByronP is dealing with. The API reports shares sold to private investors and that figure is shown on CMC as the public available amount. once all shares are sold this figure will be the total amount of shares held by the public, not including shares the company hold.  (20% of shares)

All the shares being publicly traded are by people who hold Banx who are not part of our private investors pool and don’t have a lock in period on the shares. When we started we did deals with dev and others to get use going and payments were made in Banx shares. Also for a very short period of time there was the ability to mine Banx Shares, hence people still own and trade them. (As documented in our main BCT thread we stopped mining quickly after as there were major issues with people not doing the right thing)

Re the blockchain question - Yes we did change the blockchain to a PoS system as a result of peoples actions related to the mining mentioned above. As a result all shares had to be sent back into the exchange to be replaced. (We honoured people who did not hit the deadline for shares to be back in on a one on basis for months after)

I hope this answers your questions and please feel free to add me on social media or skype ID mjlyford if you would like to find out more about our plans and my vision for Banx.

Regards

Mark Lyford

I appreciate your answers, Mark. They make sense.
If you've switched to PoS you might want to ask cointelegraph to update their data here.

I would but Ill wait until we switch the Bitshares  then do it ;)
Steem Cash>> http://SteemCash.com >> add me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/marklyford or on Facebook at http://Facebook.com/markylyford . Real Time Crypto Stats: http://CapFeed.com 

jakub

We have some interviews coming out this week which will explain our entire business model and goals and I will be preparing more information for you guys to look over if you wish shortly.
Hi Mark,
I've done some research about Banx Capital and I must say it really looks impressive how much you've achieved in just one year.
However I have some genuine concerns which I hope you'll be able to address in the interviews you mention above.

1. How do you manage to pay monthly dividends if all of your 11 business divisions have come into existence so recently? Are they already profitable? Being a one-year-old startup and already having three offices around the world, for sure you must have relatively huge operational costs. Also, I don't see any financial officer on your team - how do you manage to keep track of all the cash-flows your businesses generate?

2. As the Banx shares are sold privately to individually selected people - how would you explain pretty high daily trading volume on these shares as reported on CMC? What is the rough estimate of the number of shareholders that you have?

[EDIT]: From the discussion on bitcointalk  I can see that BANX trading volume on CMC is currently being investigated for a potential error. But still, if the shares are privately distributed I would not expect to see much trading at all (especially when your existing shareholders should be quite happy with the price appreciation and dividends received - why would they sell on a daily basis?).

I guess your plans might have changed since you decided to join the BTS 2.0 platform but still I wonder how these plans for a new blockchain were related to your existing blockchain. In other words, why did you plan to have a new blockchain if you already had one?

Hi

Thanks for the post.

We pay monthly profits from the businesses running at present, Not all the businesses are currently operational until we are fully funded. (I will go through these in the video and presentations I am doing shortly)

Profits are being paid on earned income from the current activities. Many of the expenses of running the businesses are being covered by my other companies. I am personally invested in the business for well over £100,000 which as I have publicly stated previously will not be taken back until we are fully funded and all Banx shares sold.

Our operational costs are not as much as you may think. We have a full time staff in our UK office and some who work remotely around the world. The other offices in Panama and Hong Kong are virtual offices so costs are next to nothing monthly to run them .

Re financial officer - my PA Zo and business manager Simon run all the financials with our UK based accountants. Once all businesses are operational and we have fully sold Banx shares we will be appointing a full time financial officer (again its an overhead thing and the current team can deal with things at the moment)

Re the ownership question - In order to have profits paid out the Banx shares have to be in our banx.io exchange by the 28th of each month to have payments made on the 30th of each month. Moving forward, at the moment this system will still be in place once we move to Bitshares 2.0. There is an error in the API reporting which our head of tech ByronP is dealing with. The API reports shares sold to private investors and that figure is shown on CMC as the public available amount. once all shares are sold this figure will be the total amount of shares held by the public, not including shares the company hold.  (20% of shares)

All the shares being publicly traded are by people who hold Banx who are not part of our private investors pool and don’t have a lock in period on the shares. When we started we did deals with dev and others to get use going and payments were made in Banx shares. Also for a very short period of time there was the ability to mine Banx Shares, hence people still own and trade them. (As documented in our main BCT thread we stopped mining quickly after as there were major issues with people not doing the right thing)

Re the blockchain question - Yes we did change the blockchain to a PoS system as a result of peoples actions related to the mining mentioned above. As a result all shares had to be sent back into the exchange to be replaced. (We honoured people who did not hit the deadline for shares to be back in on a one on basis for months after)

I hope this answers your questions and please feel free to add me on social media or skype ID mjlyford if you would like to find out more about our plans and my vision for Banx.

Regards

Mark Lyford

I appreciate your answers, Mark. They make sense.
If you've switched to PoS you might want to ask cointelegraph to update their data here.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:50:53 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

sumantso

I have no idea what BANX is, except I kept seeing that it was hanging around towards the top end in CMC. Similar to the the concern I raised in BIT-X a few days back, I hope BM and co have looked through it and saw it to be legit.

We make money and bitcoin from our network of business including mining, trading, and our marketing funnels.

Exactly what most of the ponzis say. Do you have pictures of your mining operations, and can you sign the blocks you've generated? I hope the answer is not 'our investors want to keep it private for now'.

Hi

Please wait to see the material I am putting out on here in the coming days to full show everyone everything about me, and Banx

Regards

Mark

Sounds good. Proof of your mining operation would be enough for me.

Offline MarkLyford

• Keep going..
    • View Profile
    • Steemology
I have no idea what BANX is, except I kept seeing that it was hanging around towards the top end in CMC. Similar to the the concern I raised in BIT-X a few days back, I hope BM and co have looked through it and saw it to be legit.

We make money and bitcoin from our network of business including mining, trading, and our marketing funnels.

Exactly what most of the ponzis say. Do you have pictures of your mining operations, and can you sign the blocks you've generated? I hope the answer is not 'our investors want to keep it private for now'.

Hi

Please wait to see the material I am putting out on here in the coming days to full show everyone everything about me, and Banx

Regards

Mark

Offline MarkLyford

• Keep going..
    • View Profile
    • Steemology
Hi Mark,

Hi

Thanks for the post.

Regards

Mark Lyford

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Business partnerships and cryptos working together like this deal is the way to be successful.  Not trying to convince everyone on bitcointalk that all your competitors are scams. :)   That is just a battle that goes nowhere.

While the silly proof of work altcoins and their little communities sit on bitocintalk and try to tell everyone that they are the true successor crypto and everyone else is a scam, our community will simply develop the Bitshares Exchange Network, grow with more coins and companies joining in, and generate actual revenue through trading fees, and grow until we are profitable. 

Then it wont matter anymore if the clowns in the altcoin subforum think Bitshares is a scam because it raised money and actually paid its developers, which is apparently anathema to some of them.  Bitshares will be a profitable DAC operating the Bitshares Exchange Network, making crypto trading secure from hackers for members of any coin community, and allowing companies to raise funds and issue assets on the blockchain.  And all the reasonable people will see that and wake up.

WORD  +5% +5% +5%
agreed .. also add the clowns of r/bitcoin .. dont waste your time there

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Business partnerships and cryptos working together like this deal is the way to be successful.  Not trying to convince everyone on bitcointalk that all your competitors are scams. :)   That is just a battle that goes nowhere.

While the silly proof of work altcoins and their little communities sit on bitocintalk and try to tell everyone that they are the true successor crypto and everyone else is a scam, our community will simply develop the Bitshares Exchange Network, grow with more coins and companies joining in, and generate actual revenue through trading fees, and grow until we are profitable. 

Then it wont matter anymore if the clowns in the altcoin subforum think Bitshares is a scam because it raised money and actually paid its developers, which is apparently anathema to some of them.  Bitshares will be a profitable DAC operating the Bitshares Exchange Network, making crypto trading secure from hackers for members of any coin community, and allowing companies to raise funds and issue assets on the blockchain.  And all the reasonable people will see that and wake up.

WORD  +5% +5% +5%
agreed .. also add the clowns of r/bitcoin .. dont waste your time there

jakub

Hi Mark,

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:55:35 am by jakub »

Tuck Fheman

in fact, 99% of all cloudmining services are ponzi & scam, and you're offerting cloud mining.

could you please post pictures / videos of your farm?

+5% +5%

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
bump

in fact, 99% of all cloudmining services are ponzi & scam, and you're offerting cloud mining.

could you please post pictures / videos of your farm?

sumantso