Author Topic: Looking to purchase my first 10 Protoshares with Escrow from someone  (Read 4167 times)

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile

Offline liquiddrool

• View Profile
Use Cryptsy or bter
Cryptsy is slow and bter charges 0.1PTS per PTS withdrawal.
Rather use an exchange than trading with an individual.
Trade in small amounts so that if anything goes wrong you wont loose allot.

Download the PTS client, encrypt it, make wallet.dat backups etc. And send your PTS to the wallet. If your PTS are not in your wallet when a new DAC is launched you will not get shares in the new DAC.

This is still my mental stumbling block. How do PTS holders know when a new DAC is launched and are the new shares automatically issued without notification to the PTS wallet
So the blockchain technology allows for the tracking of who has what (the what is protected by your public key and is identified using your public key). For bitcoin the 'what' is money. Bitcoin uses the blockchain technology to record which public keys have what values of money.

The blockchain can be used to tack other kinds of information, such as who has what number of shares in an implementation(s) of an idea. Protoshares does this.
Invictus will reward all public keys that contain PTS with the equivalent of Bitshares. Invictus doesnt know who all the people are it just recognizes the public keys and rewards them.

You dont need to be online or aware that this is happening for it to happen.

For BitShares you would then download the BitShares client and point it at your PTS wallet.dat file and your BitShares will be loaded onto your account.

Ok so let me understand this. When Bitshares is released I download the client and enter my PTS privkey into that client in order to get the bitshares. So this a manual entry by me and I therefore need to be aware when and where Bitshares is released. Is this the case with every future release of any DAC that PTS/Bitshare holders are entitled to. If this is the case I find this tedious somehow from an investors perspective if I have to check daily when and were a dacs has been realized in order for me to receive my % of the new dacs should this not somehow occured automatically

For now, just make sure that when a new DAC is released based on PTS that you have all your PTS in your wallet and not on an exchange.  There has only been one DAC released off of it so far(MMC2.0), and all I did was downloaded the wallet for MMC2.0, plopped my wallet.dat from PTS in and transferred the funds.  You don't need to check daily.....MMC2.0 was announced a couple of weeks before the release.

What it comes down to is you don't need to do anything if you keep all your PTS in your wallet.  Any DACs released will automatically pay you, to claim your funds you need to download the wallet for the new DAC and import your wallet.dat

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
Use Cryptsy or bter

Download the PTS client, encrypt it, make wallet.dat backups etc. And send your PTS to the wallet. If your PTS are not in your wallet when a new DAC is launched you will not get shares in the new DAC.

This is still my mental stumbling block. How do PTS holders know when a new DAC is launched and are the new shares automatically issued without notification to the PTS wallet
So the blockchain technology allows for the tracking of who has what (the what is protected by your public key and is identified using your public key). For bitcoin the 'what' is money. Bitcoin uses the blockchain technology to record which public keys have what values of money.

The blockchain can be used to tack other kinds of information, such as who has what number of shares in an implementation(s) of an idea. Protoshares does this.
Invictus will reward all public keys that contain PTS with the equivalent of Bitshares. Invictus doesnt know who all the people are it just recognizes the public keys and rewards them.

For BitShares you would then download the BitShares client and point it at your PTS wallet.dat file and your BitShares will be loaded onto your account.

Ok so let me understand this. When Bitshares is released I download the client and enter my PTS privkey into that client in order to get the bitshares. So this a manual entry by me and I therefore need to be aware when and where Bitshares is released. Is this the case with every future release of any DAC that PTS/Bitshare holders are entitled to. If this is the case I find this tedious somehow from an investors perspective if I have to check daily when and were a dacs has been realized in order for me to receive my % of the new dacs should this not somehow occured automatically
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 09:11:46 pm by danielauhlig »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Use Cryptsy or bter

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
Use Cryptsy or bter

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Use Cryptsy or bter

Offline danielauhlig

• View Profile
I bought my first lot this week on Cryptsy and just downloaded the PTS QT

Offline hawx

• View Profile
Hey,
I'm new to the Protoshare community and I would like to purchase my 1st protoshares.
If anyone wants to directly sell them to me I would happily purchase them from you.  I would also be interested in hearing the most efficient and safest exchanges as well as wallets.
Thank you,
Hawx