Author Topic: Can we prove 100k transactions per second when public testnet launches?  (Read 6942 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
100K TPS requires over 10 MB/sec of network bandwidth

I'm guessing that capital B wasn't a typo. Do we have any idea what sort of infrastructure requirements Visa has, or perhaps Verizon for tracking cellphone data/minutes usage? I'd imagine it is comparable.

Considering 100K TPS at 100 bytes per transaction would require more than 10 Megabytes per second and just one signature alone requires 65 bytes... yeah the capital B is not a typo. And if most of the transactions are confidential transactions, we are looking at an order of magnitude or more increase in network bandwidth (in that case, at 100K TPS, 1 Gbps would likely not be enough).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 05:37:51 am by arhag »

Offline Riverhead

I'm guessing that capital B wasn't a typo. Do we have any idea what sort of infrastructure requirements Visa has, or perhaps Verizon for tracking cellphone data/minutes usage? I'd imagine it is comparable.

It will be a good problem to have.

Yes.. clearly the standard for being a witness is going to be raised significantly.  +5%

As long as the ramp up proceeds at a steady pace; giving us time to sign contracts with data centers, etc.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Yes.. clearly the standard for being a witness is going to be raised significantly.  +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Riverhead

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
100K TPS requires over 10 MB/sec of network bandwidth and servers with 32 cores and 256 GB of RAM.    The transaction history will grow at 1000 GB per day.  None of these issues are problems when we have network income of 1 billion dollars per day (assuming 100K per sec $0.20).

What you will be able to verify is that we can "reindex" the blockchain at over 100K TPS because we get to skip signature verification and the total data size is much less. 

What we will be testing with the first test network is 1000 transactions per second and 1 second block intervals.   This should require about 100KB /sec of network bandwidth and be viable on the simple VPS systems that we are using today.

awesome  can‘t wait to see

then how the devshares snapshot?  from bts2.0 or  from devshare0.9.x?

What you will be able to verify is that we can "reindex" the blockchain at over 100K TPS because we get to skip signature verification and the total data size is much less. 

What we will be testing with the first test network is 1000 transactions per second and 1 second block intervals.   This should require about 100KB /sec of network bandwidth and be viable on the simple VPS systems that we are using today.

Offline bytemaster

100K TPS requires over 10 MB/sec of network bandwidth and servers with 32 cores and 256 GB of RAM.    The transaction history will grow at 1000 GB per day.  None of these issues are problems when we have network income of 1 billion dollars per day (assuming 100K per sec $0.20).

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Cant wait for the public testnet, and for people to confirm that 100k tps is possible.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
just wait for the testnet (soonTM) and everyone can proof it

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
People are still dubious about BTS 2.0's 100k throughput capability. This is maybe due to that we claimed and tested this but haven't proved it yet publicly.

I personally tested it in my VM with flood_network command but I only can produce 120 txs blocks.

If we have the block with 200k txs (since block time is 2 second), we can just screenshot and show it for convincing non-believers.

Any ideas?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop