Author Topic: Exchange Bitgold to Bitcoin  (Read 3600 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

bitGold is a decentralized market pegged asset in BitShares, and that is what metaexchange deals with.  bitgold.com is a centralized service and you'll have to withdraw through them.  Many in this community don't think to highly of bitgold.com because BitShares used that name first, and I think they may have also tried to copyright the term.

Seriously? That's why the whole bitshares name was stupid in the first place. I understand why bittorrentcoin was chosen to help people understand what it was. But bitshares was stupid and then calling all assets bitblah and nobody saw this problem coming? Oh common! You can go the other way and argue that bitshares just wants to piggyback of the bitcoin name instead of going with an original branding. bitgold was talked about way before bitshares or even bitcoin existed and it will only become more troublesome as long as bitcoin grows and bitshares has no right to complain about other people lacking originality on the same level.

For the record I've been warning for this since I joined the forums and every chance we had to rebrand.

You got your wish Joey.. everything is moving to 'Smart' now. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
i am sorry
metaexchange only deals with real BitGold

Don't be rude to the noob.

What he means to say is that you just bought your "bitgold" from a privately held company that controls their own records of who owns how much "bitgold"

There are many privately owned companies that will sell you "bitgold"

just as there are thousands of companies and private individuals who will sell you a "blowjob."  Would you take a "blowjob" from just anybody?  Then why would you buy your "bitgold" from the first person who offered?  You better shop around mama.  Compare prices and quality, check the rep, look for cold sores, etc.

bitreserve.com is another such company who will sell you an IOU, and says that you can redeem it for gold anytime you want to, but only that company controls their accounting ledger that says you own it.  You must trust that they will not steal your money by erasing your name from their accounting ledger.  You also must trust that they will not skip town knowing that they have total access to everyone's bitgold who bought some from them.  In other words, you must trust that they will not be tempted like Mark Kerpeles to push the button that accidentally transfers every ounce of bitgold they ever sold into their offshore bitcoin address in Bali.  Do you know the owners of the company that you sent your money to?  and more importantly, do you trust them with the ten million dollars that thousands of people just like you gave them?

BitShares brand "bitgold" is a publicly owned blockchain accounting ledger (that says you own the right to your gold) that cannot me modified to erase the record (no more than bitcoin can be hacked) of your bitgold holdings unless 51% of all the company owners publicly agree to screw you.  and if you ever get nervous and start to think that the owners of the company are plotting against you and are about to vote to modify the blockchain to steal your money by erasing your name from the public ledger, then you can purchase shares in the company (BitShares) and campaign to erase their names form the public ledger!  But currently, it's pretty hard to get more than a few owners to agree to destroy the integrity of the entire public blockchain.

It's all perfectly legal right here in the good old U S of A
So, as you can see, there are many different companies who will sell you bitgold.  Your only question that you have to ask yourself is "which company do I trust to not steal my money?" 

and let me guess:

you gave them more personal information about yourself than a fake name.

So now they have more information about you than you have about them, and they know that you have enough "discretionary income" to send $$$ to an unknown dude on the internet.

I'm not trying to be rude, just don't be gullible guppy.  Mt Gox was not cool, and neither is a company that won't let you control their accounting records.  Hey, we all make mistakes, but seriously man, take care of yourself.  This is 2015.  Stay alive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stsnlTZG84Y#t=3m12s
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 05:17:13 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
+ you don't have to give us any private information.

+5%

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
bitGold is a decentralized market pegged asset in BitShares, and that is what metaexchange deals with.  bitgold.com is a centralized service and you'll have to withdraw through them.  Many in this community don't think to highly of bitgold.com because BitShares used that name first, and I think they may have also tried to copyright the term.

i'm happy to have any and all new entrants in the alternatives-to-fiat space, incl. bitgold.com. i'm not exactly happy with them for stealing our asset name, or for trying to copyright the name if they tried...

sorry, though, @muhammad.ali ...we're not the group to help out with the bitgold.com withdrawal. you'll have to use their withdrawal channel and then you can buy BTC, BTS, and then our version of bitGOLD, which is easily convertible to other crypto.

+ you don't have to give us any private information.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

i'm happy to have any and all new entrants in the alternatives-to-fiat space, incl. bitgold.com. i'm not exactly happy with them for stealing our asset name, or for trying to copyright the name if they tried...

sorry, though, @muhammad.ali ...we're not the group to help out with the bitgold.com withdrawal. you'll have to use their withdrawal channel and then you can buy BTC, BTS, and then our version of bitGOLD, which is easily convertible to other crypto.

Offline JoeyD

Seriously? That's why the whole bitshares name was stupid in the first place. I understand why bittorrentcoin was chosen to help people understand what it was. But bitshares was stupid and then calling all assets bitblah and nobody saw this problem coming? Oh common! You can go the other way and argue that bitshares just wants to piggyback of the bitcoin name instead of going with an original branding. bitgold was talked about way before bitshares or even bitcoin existed and it will only become more troublesome as long as bitcoin grows and bitshares has no right to complain about other people lacking originality on the same level.

For the record I've been warning for this since I joined the forums and every chance we had to rebrand.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline JA

• View Profile
i am sorry
metaexchange only deals with real BitGold

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hi muhammad.ali,

welcome to the BitShares community,

I have gold in bitgold.com and I want to withdraw via bitcoin. I found metaexchange, but I don't know how to exchange it. I've registration in bitshares and download bitshares wallet. I want to know how metaexchange delegates exchange bitgold into bitcoin .

https://metaexchange.info/markets/bitGOLD/BTC
bitgold.com is a centralized service and incompatible with BitShares .. they have nothing to do with BitShares and exploit the bitGold brand

Offline muhammad.ali

• View Profile
I have gold in bitgold.com and I want to withdraw via bitcoin. I found metaexchange, but I don't know how to exchange it. I've registration in bitshares and download bitshares wallet. I want to know how metaexchange delegates exchange bitgold into bitcoin .

https://metaexchange.info/markets/bitGOLD/BTC