Author Topic: Shilling Coins: The next alt cryptocurrency to utilize the BitShares platform..?  (Read 8893 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Thank You @Chuckone :)
Rob just retweeted me again to another 16,000+ followers, including Crypto Coins News!

More retweets needed PLEASE: https://twitter.com/CryptoCoinsNews/status/619412542927077376

Would be nice to have someone with contacts to be able to meet with the owners of exchanges each time that kind of thing happens and try to convince them to join BitShares
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Thank You @Chuckone :)
Rob just retweeted me again to another 16,000+ followers, including Crypto Coins News!

More retweets needed PLEASE: https://twitter.com/CryptoCoinsNews/status/619412542927077376
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

just something worth mentioning...did you know that everything kencode has done has been done with him holding only 16,000 total shares? 

Dang Ken, I thought you would be a whale!

Me too! Very surprised he's not hodling at leat a million shares (or several).

@kencode did a solid job with very limited ressources. He's the kind of guy I want in my team when I'm at work. Getting things done, annoying some people in the process with his sense or urgency by whipping asses, but doing the job nevertheless. I've seen several people with that kind of attitude up to now in my career and they always end up accomplishing more than others. He might not be the most loved around here and some people might not be comfortable with the way he does things, but he still makes it happen. Even if he falls, I know he'll get up again and keep moving forward. The kind of soldier that picks up the flag when the other in front of him drops it after being shot. We need that kind of people in our community.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Ken continues to have my full support and vote (even if I don't agree with 100% of what he does - he does do and try).
+5%
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

just something worth mentioning...did you know that everything kencode has done has been done with him holding only 16,000 total shares? 

Dang Ken, I thought you would be a whale!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fuzzy

Ken needs to bone up on the technology before he deserves to be paid to push it. Just my opinion.

If we all had to wait until we had a perfect understanding of Bitshares before we could promote it, there would be like 10 people in the world capable of promoting it.   Better to promote, and learn more while you are doing it. 

Ken has already spend some of his own money paying for translations of articles and videos, and he has gotten us multiple news articles.  He is providing better ROI than plenty of other paid delegates, I'm sure.

We need to be more encouraging to other community members who are working hard to promote bitshares.  Its hard enough to keep motivated when the price is so low, if the community is negative towards you it is even more difficult.

Things will be better in 2.0 with referrals.  We wont need marketing delegates.  That means less inflation, and it means that promoters get compensated based on their results.  Then no one will need to complain about whether a delegate is doing enough. 

In the meantime, Ken is doing more than the majority of our marketing delegates I think, so if you want to vote some out I'd suggest you start with some of the others who have quit and are just redirecting funds to other peoples projects.

Also...did everyone know here that most all the "marketing delegates" were actually more like community organisation delegates? 
And finally, did you all know that most of the fhnds being redirected to other projects have been in support of things they thought the community needed and not to enrich themselves?

They all deserve a pat on the back as far as im concerned. Id take them over a group of people who do nothing but complain without even caring to find solutions.  Its one thing to be constructively critisizing, and quite another to just put others down and leave the room filled with negativity. 

As for Ken, I respect him.  He never was asked to do all he has done...and he still does it despite his lack of bts invested personally...all the while enduring constant barrages of attacks. 
I wish those complaining would do 10% of what Ken has done here in his first 4 months as a member of the community.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
If someone is working hard to promote Bitshares and develop partnerships then they need our support.  If someone misunderstands the technology or it's implications then all they need is some help to get it right, it's not difficult.  It would not take much to correct any misunderstanding, if any, that Kencode has will it?!

It's a difficult time, waiting on the 2.0 testnet.....some of our community are incapable of sitting on their hands and good for them!!  Nothing wrong with being wrong, spotting something wrong, alerting someone they may be wrong, but lets do it in a positive way. We are in this together and we should be encouraging each other.  There is hopefully going to be a constant stream of enthusiastic people who want to help Bitshares but are slightly behind......including the majority of us here now!  ;D

Offline phillyguy

I'm not telling him not to promote BTS. I'm not telling you not to vote for him. I'm just saying I won't  vote for him and I wish he wasn't getting paid for the work he's attempting to do, because I don't think it's up to snuff - even at $5 an hour.

I don't know how to link to my old account posting history, but I'm sure someone can. You may not feel my comments were helpful or productive, but I never asked to be paid either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See your post above: "I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out."

Please keep in mind that you said you quit the forum before because of negative/rude posters. "I was a full member under the username Turkeyleg until I got disgusted with some rude members and quit the forum"

I hope that Ken doesn't decide to quit because of unfounded and derogatory criticism of his labors for the benefit of BitShares (most completely out of pocket). Granted that he is a type A personality, and charges ahead before he gathers cheerleaders, but that can be valuable if others were not so damn sensitive and protective oi their "turf", or merely ill-informed.

I think my criticisms of Ken's contributions are not derogatory or unfounded at all. I think my comments are direct and I'm not pulling any punches about the quality of his work. It's fine that I'm in the minority opinion - I appreciate the opportunity to say so.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I'm fully confident in what ken is doing. He is advertising our product that is available right now WHICH HAS YEILD.  Until bts 2.0 comes out, there is no point in advertising it.  I respect phillyguys right to vote against ken even if he does get a little too personal, but I also know that philly fans bood Santa at an eagles game. Maybe it goes with the territory....

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Ken needs to bone up on the technology before he deserves to be paid to push it. Just my opinion.

Things will be better in 2.0 with referrals.  We wont need marketing delegates.  That means less inflation, and it means that promoters get compensated based on their results.  Then no one will need to complain about whether a delegate is doing enough. 

I'm so excited about that. It will sell itself, or at least, I hope so.

Offline onceuponatime

I'm not telling him not to promote BTS. I'm not telling you not to vote for him. I'm just saying I won't  vote for him and I wish he wasn't getting paid for the work he's attempting to do, because I don't think it's up to snuff - even at $5 an hour.

I don't know how to link to my old account posting history, but I'm sure someone can. You may not feel my comments were helpful or productive, but I never asked to be paid either.

See your post above: "I won't vote for your delegate, and I'm hoping others will change their mind and bump you out."

Please keep in mind that you said you quit the forum before because of negative/rude posters. "I was a full member under the username Turkeyleg until I got disgusted with some rude members and quit the forum"

I hope that Ken doesn't decide to quit because of unfounded and derogatory criticism of his labors for the benefit of BitShares (most completely out of pocket). Granted that he is a type A personality, and charges ahead before he gathers cheerleaders, but that can be valuable if others were not so damn sensitive and protective oi their "turf", or merely ill-informed.

Offline phillyguy

I'm voicing my opinion as a part of this consensus experiment, that's all.

Offline phillyguy

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

If we all had to wait until we had a perfect understanding of Bitshares before we could promote it, there would be like 10 people in the world capable of promoting it.   Better to promote, and learn more while you are doing it. 

Ken has already spend some of his own money paying for translations of articles and videos, and he has gotten us multiple news articles.  He is providing better ROI than plenty of other paid delegates, I'm sure.

We need to be more encouraging to other community members who are working hard to promote bitshares.  Its hard enough to keep motivated when the price is so low, if the community is negative towards you it is even more difficult.

In the meantime, Ken is doing more than the majority of our marketing delegates I think, so if you want to vote some out I'd suggest you start with some of the others who have quit and are just redirecting funds to other peoples projects.