Author Topic: Move from Old BitsharesX to new Bitshares Client for Mac  (Read 1819 times)

Offline vikram

Ignore include folder.

Just try running the new version first. If it works correctly then it will access your old wallet automatically.

If that doesn't work then we can try other options.

Offline jaredboice

• View Profile
Thanks.  But before I try that I need to install the new Bitshares first.  My question on that is, do I drag both the Bitshares Wallet + the "Include " folder both into the applications folder together?  I'm not sure what this include folder is for....

Offline Riverhead

I'm not 100% sure if this works with BitSharesX wallets but you can try:

Old Mac:
1) Fire up the client
2) File->Export Wallet
3) Copy resulting .json to a thumb drive or a lan disk

New Mac:
1) Fire up the 0.9.2 client
2) File->Import Wallet
3) Choose the .json and type in your passphrase.

If this works you're done with your old BitSharesX software.

If it doesn't work there's always the hard way:

Old Mac:
1) Fire up the client and login
2) Go to the advanced tab and type wallet_account_export_private_key <account_name> (syntax may be off but you can type help to get it)
3) Copy the private key for each account you want to migrate

New Mac:
1) Fire up the client and create a new wallet
2) In the upper right corner click the Account menu->advanced and then the console tab.
3) type: import and look for the command that looks like it's for importing WIF keys (sorry, don't have the client running right now).
4) Repeat step 3 for each private key.

I'm sure there is a better way.

Offline jaredboice

• View Profile
So I was told I can import my old BitsharesX wallet into the new Bitshares wallet.  But I have no idea how to do this.  Are there instructions somewhere?

So I downloaded the new Bitshares client on my mac.  I can see in the dmg that there are two items: the Bitshares Wallet, and an include folder.

(1) Do I drag both the Bitshares Wallet and the Include folder into the Applications Folder?

(2) Do I then use the old wallet folder as a replacement for the new one (assuming its structured the same)?

(3) Is it then safe to delete the old BitsharesX file from the application folder?

Thanks in advance!