Author Topic: List of Priorities for Worker Proposals:  (Read 7298 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Projects i'd like to see get funded:

1) Hardware and iOS/Android wallets

2) Merchant POS apps, devices, businesses, whatever...just get bitUSD out into the world

3) Direct fiat-BTS-bitasset on/off ramps so i don't have to keep telling people 'you first need to buy bitcoin and then you can buy bitUSD'

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
Even though CNX is a heavy dev company I don't see the need for input from them .. in principle we could also have a software development in europe and one in asia .. in the end, the shareholder vote for their hardforks .. not CNX .. and from what I know .. BM doesn't want to have a say in BitShares at all ..

the more devs joining our community, the better; esp when they're distributed around the planet working on tangentially related projects making use of our products. hopefully the release of 2.0 sparks a lot more autonomous dev involvement.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
1. Privacy

2. Bond Market

3. BTS Bathing Suits

bathing suits with exactly that design, but we do need our logo on there somewhere...

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
IMHO it should look close to a regular job application? maybe less personal stuff and more job/experience-related content

stimmt!

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Although it is only to be expected that initially most projects will be put forward by CNX or individual developers.
As well as targeting businesses to integrate, are there any efforts to recruit new dev teams?
Or at least inform them, I'm sure cypherpunks would be pretty keen.

I know nothing of how easy it would be to inspire them to learn the codebase but worker proposals may take a while to be large enough to fund teams motivated solely by profit
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Wouldn't these be much more effective as project proposals than job applications? The core goal is to create value for BTS and demonstrate why any project will do so. So we need to be able to compare the strategic advantages of different work directions. I also suspect most of the community can't easily judge the skills of a developer (CNX itself seems best placed to do that), but they can make judgements on the cost/benefit of a project.

Project proposals would normally include, amongst other things:

- description of project
- benefits
- costs
- risks
- timeframe
- resources
Eventually .. yes but as long as a delegate can hardly pay a single person's expenses I don't see how it could fund a whole project ..
But I agree ..

Exactly who implements is a secondary consideration, as long as CNX is internally comfortable with feasibility and availability of resources.
Don't get the relation to CNX .. the blockchain can also pay for indepenent 3rd party projects .. like a hardware wallet, public API, coldstorage services, mobile wallet, alternative wallet and many more .. not just core development.

I think such project proposals could in principle be formed by anybody in the community, with input from CNX. Although it is only to be expected that initially most projects will be put forward by CNX or individual developers.
Even though CNX is a heavy dev company I don't see the need for input from them .. in principle we could also have a software development in europe and one in asia .. in the end, the shareholder vote for their hardforks .. not CNX .. and from what I know .. BM doesn't want to have a say in BitShares at all ..

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
IMHO it should look close to a regular job application? maybe less personal stuff and more job/experience-related content

+5%

Wouldn't these be much more effective as project proposals than job applications? The core goal is to create value for BTS and demonstrate why any project will do so. So we need to be able to compare the strategic advantages of different work directions. I also suspect most of the community can't easily judge the skills of a developer (CNX itself seems best placed to do that), but they can make judgements on the cost/benefit of a project.

Project proposals would normally include, amongst other things:

- description of project
- benefits
- costs
- risks
- timeframe
- resources

Exactly who implements is a secondary consideration, as long as CNX is internally comfortable with feasibility and availability of resources.

I think such project proposals could in principle be formed by anybody in the community, with input from CNX. Although it is only to be expected that initially most projects will be put forward by CNX or individual developers.

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
1. Privacy

2. Bond Market

3. BTS Bathing Suits

« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 11:09:10 am by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Things I'd like to see:

• Chat with fees (see DAC PLAY)
  • Encrypted Notes (see DAC PLAY)
  • Plugin System
  • Mail System
  • Convenient Dividend payments for UIAs
  • Bitsharestalk worker paid to forum mods :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fuzzy

This post is to start having the community building a list of things we must have once worker proposals go live. 

If you have your own proposals, add them in here. 
This is phase One.

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D