Author Topic: Is Transparency The Music Industry's Next Battle? (aritcle)  (Read 2050 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
many none weren't P2P blockchains though.
At least not that I heard of :D

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Good article. Thanks for sharing oco.

It really sums up what we heard at MIDEM quite nicely. The even mention the Kobalt Music Group. They are trying to be the one global rights database. Many have tried.... many have failed... many weren't P2P blockchains though.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Can some marketer please post a brief explanation of PeerTracks (blockchain tech) into the comments?

Offline oco101

• View Profile
A interesting article  that shows all the problems that PeerTracks solves except nobody know yet about PeerTracks.

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/07/14/422707429/is-transparency-the-music-industrys-next-battle

The biggest message out of the report is just the lack of technology adoption for the back end of the music industry," Berklee's Bargfrede says. "Streaming is now becoming the dominant method of music consumption. We need to figure out how to work with the streaming services in a way that makes sense to creators."

More specifically, the report calls for an industry-standard format for up-to-date information about the various types of music revenues, so artists could in effect monitor their royalties online the way consumers track their bank accounts. The authors also propose creating "a decentralized, feasible" database of global copyright ownership details.