Author Topic: Help with AGS DACs  (Read 2177 times)

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
I think I will wait on 2.0 like you recommend since I am having trouble with the java version needed for the current client.  I was able to get it working but now my multibit BTC wallet will not open, so I think I need to revert to the previous java version.  So I can be patient and wait for 2.0 and sort it out then.  Thanks for all the help.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

What you do is download the BTS (or PLAY client) and import the wallet or private keys from which you donated to AGS. Then your NOTES will appear. I think BTS you got from it is still vesting.

Or just wait for 2.0 if you're patient. If I'm not mistaken, there's no mandate to claim your stakes before then. So if you do download the current client, just realize that you will need to repeat the exercise once 2.0 comes out. Anticipating the possible next question, I have no idea when it will be ready, but probably within the coming months.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Don't forget to check "vesting <accountname>" in the console, since those don't appear in your GUI balance.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
OK, thanks for the help.  I am synching my bitshares wallet now and then will import the key from my btc wallet and see what happens.

unreadPostsSinceLastVisit

VOTE and DNS aren't dead, they've been integrated into BitShares.

NOTES are trading but not in a music client yet, they're a UIA in bitshares right now- which will get honored on the blockchain when it releases.

Therefore to claim your BTS and your NOTES, you need the BitShares client. The client isn't in the greatest shape at the moment, development has primarily shifted to the upcoming launch of BTS 2.0.

I think PLAY has its own client but I haven't tested it out yet or redeemed my PLAY.

What you do is download the BTS (or PLAY client) and import the wallet or private keys from which you donated to AGS. Then your NOTES will appear. I think BTS you got from it is still vesting.

Offline Keyser

• View Profile
I donated BTC to Angelshares in July of 2014 and almost forgot about it.  I have found the AGS explorer page and see my donations are recorded.  It looks like there have been 5 DACs so far, Lottoshares, Vote, DNS, Music, and Play.  From what I can find about these, Lotto, Vote, and DNS appear to be dead.  Play may still be in development.  Music looks to be alive and being traded.

I have downloaded a Bitshares Music wallet, but can't find any information on how to request my allotted shares.  Any information on how to proceed with any of these DACs would be appreciated.  Thanks.