Author Topic: Peercoin? What's going on with it?  (Read 10437 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
PPC, NMC and NVC were very easy to trade these last few weeks. As Clout said, Btce got an influx of deposits as soon as the Greek banks closed.

Bitcoin and litecoin are going to rise because there will be a great deal of demand from Europe particularly on the BTC-e exchange which is based out of Bulgaria, the northern neighbor to Greece. All currencies on BTC-e will probably rise dramatically and any currencies where the exchange is predominantly denominated in BTC will also rise. The problem is that the primary market for bitshares is denominated in CNY and as result BTS won't get a boost from BTC price increase. More problematic is that seeing this rise in LTC and BTC Chinese traders will dump currencies they primarily trade (i.e Ripple, Doge and BTS) in order to ride the BTC and LTC waves. If you already sold BTS or Ripple good for you. If you're looking for a buying opportunity here's your change. If you're HODL keep on keeping on.

So you just had to ride that wave up and sell once it became clear Greece would vote through the new bailout and you would have done very well.

BTC is also influenced by China's problems but has mostly followed the Greek news..

Once it became clear there would be a bailout deal that would probably go through parliament (July 13th) , did go through (last night) and that Greek banks will get further ELA and possibly re-open soon too BTC  has fallen pretty much in sync.   

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:28:55 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Good news don't have much of a positive impact on price. Not because there's no one buying the news, but because it's almost always offset by those selling the exact same news. And then bad news (or even no news) have a negative impact on price, as traders almost always seek to find another profit opportunity (a good pump), which very seldomly happens with Bitshares.

Ok, it's not a very scientific reasoning, but it's a layman theory lol

^
|
|
also known as a bear market

Offline Krills

• View Profile

I think watching price moves is a indicator of a missed news item.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah for efficient markets, or markets that at least come close to approximating efficiency. our crypto markets are so thinly traded that any sentiment backed by modest funds can move prices, which often leads to big movements without rationale.

Often the case, but it doesn't hurt to check from time to time.  Better than checking all the time.   Though with all BTS news our price didn't budge much, so it isn't perfectly reliable.
major people didnt believe in you,that's the problem.they don't buy the good news,coz they think that's another hot air like before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Good news don't have much of a positive impact on price. Not because there's no one buying the news, but because it's almost always offset by those selling the exact same news. And then bad news (or even no news) have a negative impact on price, as traders almost always seek to find another profit opportunity (a good pump), which very seldomly happens with Bitshares.

Ok, it's not a very scientific reasoning, but it's a layman theory lol

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

yeah for efficient markets, or markets that at least come close to approximating efficiency. our crypto markets are so thinly traded that any sentiment backed by modest funds can move prices, which often leads to big movements without rationale.

Often the case, but it doesn't hurt to check from time to time.  Better than checking all the time.   Though with all BTS news our price didn't budge much, so it isn't perfectly reliable.

absolutely agree...big price swings should always queue a quick news search to see if there's any explanation

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I know the reason , but I don`t want to say it more.
I  am very confuse if you concern with price.
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
wait, can we trade on that?

or your money back!

next time LTC rallies can you let me know right before you post the gif?

of course, that's included in your yearly subscription fee!

LOL i need to sign me up for dat subscription

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

We are moving toward a place where
steady user demand will begin to dwarf fickle speculator demand.
Most chains have no way to make such a move.

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
wait, can we trade on that?

or your money back!

next time LTC rallies can you let me know right before you post the gif?

of course, that's included in your yearly subscription fee!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
LOL  +5% +5% +5%

What's funny is, every time we post that image, Litecoin crashes. ;)

wait, can we trade on that? next time LTC rallies can you let me know right before you post the gif?

Tuck Fheman

LOL  +5% +5% +5%

What's funny is, every time we post that image, Litecoin crashes. ;)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile