Author Topic: BitShares French ConneXion : opinions needed  (Read 1766 times)

Offline DestBest

Thanks @xeroc for you answers
Congratulation for you new delegate!  +5%

I see the big picture now  :D
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks to all of you!  :D  +5% +5% +5%

I still don't understand something...  :-\

In this case, what are the requirements the new server should have ?
Currently a 9$/mo VPS can run the full node .. hopefully in future it won't :)

What kind of hosting do we need in order to be ready for the 2.0 web wallet?  ???

The wallet is written in JavaScript/HTML and it either connects to a public (trusted) node or you run a full-node on your own.
There is no way of telling what specs the machine needs to have but I know for a fact that the current implementation is not as resource hungry as BTS0.9.*
However, assuming BTS2 to grow quickly, you may need a machine with a lot of memory and good connectivity eventually!

Offline DestBest

Thanks to all of you!  :D  +5% +5% +5%

I still don't understand something...  :-\

What kind of hosting do we need in order to be ready for the 2.0 web wallet?  ???
BitShares French ConneXion, le portail francophone BitShares.
BitShares French ConneXion, the BitShares french gateway.
www.bitsharesfcx.com

Offline EstefanTT

You'll have to wait a little more fer87, the homepage still need to be tweaked.

Thanks  38PTSwarior, there are very few French listener aware of BitShares. We hope we can change it with our new web.

Thanks Cass ;) I'll send you a message
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:04:05 pm by EstefanTT »
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
 +5% Great initiative

I'll a PM to @cass in a few days if he didn't see this thread ;)

no need to ping me again :) i'm aware of your post here…
Just let me know how i can assist ...

cheers
cass

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

38PTSWarrior

I pointed some french listeners to your website yesterday.

Offline fer87

• View Profile
I would like to see the web to see how is going!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
When I read about the referral systemI I had the understanding that anyone with an annual or life time account could refer others and earn part of the fees.
We are still considering our options. Let's say we would want to start with that system. That would be probably possible with an existing Registrar and us playing the role of Referre, right ?
How the fees would be split ?
This is all that is publicly known: https://bitshares.org/technology/referral-rewards-program/

Is that out there some projects in progress in this direction ? Is there a place better then bitshares.org to learn more about it ? Or a thread I miss ?
Afaik at least
- bitsapphire
- bunkershares and
- ccedk
want to work with that program

Offline EstefanTT

Thanks for all these answers ;)

All right. So ...

If I get it, the hosting provider just have to support basic features for our web site and implementation of the wallet.

Then we'll need a 9$/month VPS to deal with the wallet, interact with the blockchain, and upgrade it when, very soon, market cap reach 1,000,000,000,000$

When I read about the referral systemI I had the understanding that anyone with an annual or life time account could refer others and earn part of the fees.
We are still considering our options. Let's say we would want to start with that system. That would be probably possible with an existing Registrar and us playing the role of Referre, right ?
How the fees would be split ? Is that out there some projects in progress in this direction ? Is there a place better then bitshares.org to learn more about it ? Or a thread I miss ?

Sooo many questions ...  :o

I'll a PM to @Cass in a few days if he didn't see this thread ;)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Is that ok with the person who made these icon and with the community that we use these images ?
@cass is the creator

Will we need to have our own wallet online (on our web site) on our server ?
If you want the interact with the blockchain it will certainly make sense. Maybe someone else can help out with a open API through.

Will we need a high tech geek master brain to implement it or it there will be some sort of easy plug in ?
Will make setting it up alot more easy :) But there are (and will be) tutorials and howtos

Offline EstefanTT

Hello

As you have seen we built a web site of information about BitShares in french a few months ago. We did it in a hurry as we were translating "Bitshares 101" and other articles to have a place to offer that info. We use Wix, a web builder. It helped a lot to get the things done quicly but we notice that it was awfully slow to charge and also have a lot of restrictions.

As we aim to be the BitShares portal to french speakers, we need some quality and professionalism.

This last month I have been learning HTML5 and CSS3 to be able to rebuild our web site in a better way. In about two weeks it will be done. More efficent, clear, simple, ... and better looking ;)

In addition of what we already have, we want to translate to information of bitshares.org and explain it in the same way, by categories.
We thought it would be nice to use the same icon for each category. The idea is to keep some relation/homogeneity/continuity with the main page.
Is that ok with the person who made these icons and with the community that we use these images ? We won't copy exactly the disposition of the categories, size of the icons, deisgn of page. We will have something different but having the same spirit.  We hope it will help people to understand that this is a french branch of Bitshares and not another distant project.

We also need advices on the new server we will rent. The one from wix doesn't allow us to use it as a normal server, everyything have to transit through their builder interface.

We hope we'll be able to fund our project and futur developments with the referal program. We are not very sure of what we will need in order to achieve it.

Will we need to have our own wallet online (on our web site) on our server ?
Will we need a high tech geek master brain to implement it or it there will be some sort of easy plug in ?

These are the big questions we have for the moment. Any help will be much apreciated !

As we already mentioned it, we want to go in the same direction of this community,  be as flexible and open minded as possible. Any comments, opinions, suggestions, recommandations, critics, ...  will be positively received.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 05:48:28 pm by EstefanTT »