Author Topic: POST Bitshares 2.0 release price speculation  (Read 7000 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
1 cent two weeks after release
5 cents after current partners utilize operations
15 around Nov
25 cents by christmas.

After BTC halves in 2016 and everyone starts to catch on whats happening we will be 1 dollar.

It's not that I don't want that to happen ahah but I seriously doubt it will be that high
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Blazin8888

Is there an IOS and Android app in the works to drop with 2.0? ...there should be

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

1 cent two weeks after release
5 cents after current partners utilize operations
15 around Nov
25 cents by christmas.

After BTC halves in 2016 and everyone starts to catch on whats happening we will be 1 dollar.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Where do you guys think we will see the price go after Bitshares 2.0 drops?
What are some features you guys are looking forward to that you see driving the price higher?
What are some features you would like to see added?

$25-32 million CAP.

More liquid BitAssets and a usable wallet. There is definitely a market for a decentralised exchange as well as just a decentralised bank account (New Switzerland)

Then add the referral programme which I think could work very well indeed  :)

Features I'd like to see added, anything that generates lots of transactions - gambling, prediction markets etc.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 02:33:38 pm by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I tend to agree about the partner thing. There have been so many starts and stops and unpredicted changes with BitShares that I don't think any amount of internal hype is going to blow this up; outsiders aren't going to trust that. But if the volume grows naturally and partners are joining because they see the potential, it will be a sign that this is extremely useful. IMHO, we have not seen any crypto experience truly organic growth yet, nor have we seen the kind of steamrolling, cascading momentum that I think could take this beyond critical mass. Those are just words, but there has been such a limited amount of money so far in crypto, partly because Bitcoin is so flawed. With a system which actually works efficiently and enables people to solve so many problems at once...escape velocity is certainly possible here. If we near that critical mass where outside money continues to flow in, then all bets are off on how big this could get.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:04:24 pm by donkeypong »

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Assuming everything is released like it should, I would say short term after release 1 cent but could easily scale because of the hype. To be honest I think we will see the true price after whoever partners up with BitShares, makes use of the referral system
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline JoeyD

The "market/trader thing" is the keystone of this edifice. If we want just a functional wallet to send and receive coins, we are not very different from other altcoin. The trading platform is very important.

That being said, for regular non crypto persons, we'll need something very basic at some point. Something easy to use without having to dig inside the trading and crypto world.

I was talking about mass adoption and there it isn't just about full-nodes and lightwallets, but there you need a moronic-wallet (with extra idiot-proofing and yes that includes me as a target audience). Of course for marketing purposes you name it something fancy like iPay or uGain or something along those lines.

Offline EstefanTT

If there is no simplified version of the wallet without the whole market/trader thing, then I don't see mass adoption happening. Only crypto traders might be interested in the exchange/market part and that is not a very big target audience to go viral with.

The "market/trader thing" is the keystone of this edifice. If we want just a functional wallet to send and receive coins, we are not very different from other altcoin. The trading platform is very important.

That being said, for regular non crypto persons, we'll need something very basic at some point. Something easy to use without having to dig inside the trading and crypto world.
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline JoeyD

If there is no simplified version of the wallet without the whole market/trader thing, then I don't see mass adoption happening. Only crypto traders might be interested in the exchange/market part and that is not a very big target audience to go viral with.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
First I would just love to see a flawless, ultra fast decentralized exchange, safe and slick enough to convince people to put some of their savings or hedge their crypto in bear markets in bitAssets. All the other BTS 2.0 features are incredible, but the sexiness and professionalism of the exchange is what I believe is the most important for serious adoption.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
1-2 cents, providing the simple things like GUI and ease of use aren't neglected as that's what the non techies will be judging the project on

Offline lakerta06

My wild guess is 4-5 cents by the end of 2015. That is if bitshares is released in october.

Offline Riverhead

The referral program could go viral. If that happens things will snowball quickly.

Offline Blazin8888

Where do you guys think we will see the price go after Bitshares 2.0 drops?
What are some features you guys are looking forward to that you see driving the price higher?
What are some features you would like to see added?