Author Topic: No Sommer Announcements for the week?  (Read 14446 times)

Tuck Fheman

Indeed.  DOOM would be quite unfortunate.  VERY unfortunate. 

http://www.nickbostrom.com/astronomical/waste.html

"Advancing technology (or its enabling factors, such as economic productivity) even by such a tiny amount that it leads to colonization of the local supercluster just one second earlier than would otherwise have happened amounts to bringing about more than 10^29 human lives"

As I would have to expect that DOOM would significantly delay our ability to become a technological civilization expanding throughout the virgo supercluster and making use of the negative entropy available therein prior to the heat-death of the universe, I would have to estimate that DOOM would have an incalculable utility cost.

We can only hope that Bitshares ends up being responsible for some amount of speedup toward those goals, if it speeds along our civilization's progress by even a small amount, trillions of trillions or trillions of lifetimes of additional humans may be able to experience positive utility lives before the universe is torn apart by dark energy and entropy rules the day.

;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Because you think that DOOM is coming and you want to shove it in my face if I am wrong? :P

I'm going to remove your quote and just gloat about how wrong you were now. After some thought, it would be really shitty of me to gloat about it after it happens.  ;)

Indeed.  DOOM would be quite unfortunate.  VERY unfortunate. 

http://www.nickbostrom.com/astronomical/waste.html

"Advancing technology (or its enabling factors, such as economic productivity) even by such a tiny amount that it leads to colonization of the local supercluster just one second earlier than would otherwise have happened amounts to bringing about more than 10^29 human lives"

As I would have to expect that DOOM would significantly delay our ability to become a technological civilization expanding throughout the virgo supercluster and making use of the negative entropy available therein prior to the heat-death of the universe, I would have to estimate that DOOM would have an incalculable utility cost.

We can only hope that Bitshares ends up being responsible for some amount of speedup toward those goals, if it speeds along our civilization's progress by even a small amount, trillions of trillions or trillions of lifetimes of additional humans may be able to experience positive utility lives before the universe is torn apart by dark energy and entropy rules the day.

;)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

Because you think that DOOM is coming and you want to shove it in my face if I am wrong? :P

I'm going to remove your quote and just gloat about how wrong you were now. After some thought, it would be really shitty of me to gloat about it after it happens.  ;)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Stan kept telling everyone good thing is coming,but nothing is coming.
BTS 2.0 is a dream ,too far to get it,as well as  stan's summer announcement.
People will not believe the dev team second time,unless they have some real thing deliver,not just some empty world

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
People will not believe the dev team second time,unless they have some real thing deliver,not just some empty world

The one thing i will agree with you on is this .... the proof is in the pudding. BitShares 2.0 needs to work without any bugs or excuses. The team committed to this and we will see when 2.0 is released. Whats in the past is past, hold the team to account for whats only weeks away. You cant say fairer than that imo.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Ultimately, we are playing this game for the long haul and so we generally don't do things only to affect short term market price. 
shame on you.BTS price drop 10X in a year.fuck you.

Dude.  Doesn't it suck to be such a negative Nancy all the time?  I get that you lost money, hate bitshares and all that.  I don't understand why you engage in such negative behavior.  Wouldn't you be happier if you spent your time doing something that didn't piss you off so much? 

If you enjoy this by all means keep going, but it doesn't seem to ever make you feel better, and you never add any value to the conversation.  Ultimately your negativity isn't making anything better.  It seems like such a waste of time and energy.  Maybe you should try a different tack.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Krills

• View Profile
Ultimately, we are playing this game for the long haul and so we generally don't do things only to affect short term market price. 

We're only a few weeks away from the release. All you're doing is being an annoyance and its clear that you're simply peddling a negative agenda for whatever your reason may be. As you so aptly put it "f*ck you" and go peddle your nonsense elsewhere. :-*
you forgot last year they promised a stable 1.0?1.0 is shit,buggy,all the ags money was feeding dog like them.
they are liar.

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

We're only a few weeks away from the release. All you're doing is being an annoyance and its clear that you're simply peddling a negative agenda for whatever your reason may be. As you so aptly put it "f*ck you" and go peddle your nonsense elsewhere. :-*

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I will admit I thought the price would move based on the announcements but I am more convinced now that big money is driving the price down in preparation of what's coming for bigger gains then what can be realized in this speculative market.

I am not sure if that is the dumbest or the most funny thing I have heard on the forum.

Just the picture of Institutional funds losing money to push down the price of a sub-penny cryptocurrency with a 7 figure marketcap in which nobody outside of this forum has ever heard of, is just outright stupid thinking. On the other hand, thinking anyone beyond your little pow wow of 15-30 people, there esists some elusive "Big Money" player, is hilarious.

I agree with newmine on something!

Yes, whenever anyone insist that the price of something is being pushed down in order for someone big to accumulate, I roll my eyes a bit. :)  Its a standard way to avoid admitting to yourself that you were wrong about where the price was going.  ("I'm not wrong *the market* is wrong!") 

If any whale out there cared about Bitshares they would just buy a ton of it currently while its cheap.  There is no need to play elaborate games with the price, they could simply buy it at 1/3 of a cent.

Poor newmine.. needs to go back a week to dig up something to fud with.

Ander buying into the low.

It's actually not my idea.. but one that was presented by someone who is far more involved in the markets than myself. It was presented here in forums.. I don't just watch bitshares... it holds true for the tiny little crypto world in which we live. Any trader with a tiny little slush fund could play all the markets at the same time except for the bigger ones.. the smaller volume ones though are well within reach.

You got a better theory Ander for why since the June 8th announcement it has been on a constant downward pressure? You really think a $50-$100k daily volume cannot be easily played by a handful if not just one trader at a bank with a $100m slush who has chosen to follow cryptos as part of his earnings?

That is far more likely than a 'market of 15-30 people here' as newmine like to put it.
i am going to wait a week to respond to this appropriately.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I agree with the analysis.  Some of our very top promoters are keeping their powder dry.  Don't blame them.

(Would we really want to drive a bunch of new traffic to the old wallet and train them to use it anyway?  No, the decision by marketers to wait is prudent.  Just inconvenient.)

Writing tools to do referrals early would have delayed launch, so we chose not to.  Ultimately, we are playing this game for the long haul and so we generally don't do things only to affect short term market price.  Natually, we hope folks will be excited about all the new partnerships, but even they can't affect things until they get integrated with a working 2.0.

So all our focus must be on that and so you see the lull in the action.  One would expect that when these issues go away so will the lull.

That's the good news. 
The reasons for the current depression are clear.
And so is the inevitable cure.

Knowing that, the prudent thing to do is to get ready because folks that hang out here know what's coming.  That's a pretty big advantage to wise investors.

While it is true that fewer newbies are stopping by in the interim, surely we all realize that it does little good to find this forum full of negativity.  If you want to gripe, that's what your dog is for. 

Here, you should be attempting to communicate to newcomers all that is really happening, especially the reasons you are still here.  Use this time to educate newcomers on why they should stick around a few weeks.

Unless you're a troll aiming to drive them away.  Then pointing out real and imagined negatives all the time is exactly what you should do.

If you have constructive criticisms, there are many places to present them to us that will make a difference.  But I'm surprised by the small group of presumably faithful folks that think dredging up I-told-you-so's from the past over and over is going to help the value of their holdings.

If a comment cannot possibly change things for the better, and can have a negative affect on newcomers, maybe it is better left unposted.

Discretion is the better part of valor.  :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:07:24 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

AKA The Perfect Storm  ;D

Yeah... but this said.. what it means is soon as 2.0 hit we will see a sling shot effect... if this theory is indeed true.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Ander I got another one for you, there is no reason to market or advertise anything at the moment. Anyone that had signed someone up pre-2.0 announcement gets a lifetime membership and there is now 0 incentive to get someone to look at BTS from June 8th until launch, as such we have seen almost no articles/news/interviews other than those that were bought, hell even our own media/marketing delegates have gone into hibernation with claims they are waiting to strike when it means something. This could have been fixed by simply connecting new sign-ups during this downtime to their referrers in 2.0.

It is noticable that there is less new blood around here and many old regulars have moved on, when we were top 4 we would get random investors, contributors and people checking us out, now that we are below the fold (similar to Google search results) we don't have that visibility and therefore few new buyers.
I almost forgotten this myself. Yeah... there is a lot to this. I remember when I had confirmation of this my entire thought processes initially were around stopping everything and being really disappointed by the decision to handle current refers the way it was decided.

I agree.. had they provided some kind of bridge it would have created a whole lot more buzz through this wait period.

I understood the reasoning for it... but it has proven to be a poor choice for the Bitshares market in the interm if you're theory is correct.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Announcements do not have value. Software does. Until 2.0 is official and the referral program is operational, words are just words.

No, words give the wise insight into what will surely be.

By the time the conditions exist that you describe, the answer will be obvious to everyone and the biggest investment opportunities will have passed.

In some endeavors is pays to be skeptical.  But when the open source and test nets and hours of mumble press conferences are happening before your very eyes, skepticism is just a way to avoid doing the hard work of examining the plain evidence for yourself.

This is the way it should be.  To the diligent go the rewards.  The rest are left saying, "Why don't I ever get a break?"

:)
Well stated +5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline phillyguy

Announcements do not have value. Software does. Until 2.0 is official and the referral program is operational, words are just words.

By the time the conditions exist that you describe, the answer will be obvious to everyone and the biggest investment opportunities will have passed.

In some endeavors is pays to be skeptical.  But when the open source and test nets and hours of mumble press conferences are happening before your very eyes, skepticism is just a way to avoid doing the hard work of examining the plain evidence for yourself.

This is the way it should be.  To the diligent go the rewards.  The rest are left saying, "Why don't I ever get a break?"

Stan,

I attend the mumble hangouts. I've played around with a witness node on my RPI2. I'm aware of what the technical possibilities and opportunities are of BitShares 2.0...so I wouldn't say I am "avoiding the hard work of examining the plain evidence."

My point is that an announcement in of itself, is not worth anything. You can (and do) make announcements all summer long, but if none of them actually pan out - what are they worth? You cannot guarantee anything. Past history proves this.

When 2.0 was announced, BM said "this summer". We will see about that. I'm a HODLer - don't get me wrong...all I'm saying is that your announcements are not worth what you think they are to many community members here.

Offline mint chocolate chip

Ander I got another one for you, there is no reason to market or advertise anything at the moment. Anyone that had signed someone up pre-2.0 announcement gets a lifetime membership and there is now 0 incentive to get someone to look at BTS from June 8th until launch, as such we have seen almost no articles/news/interviews other than those that were bought, hell even our own media/marketing delegates have gone into hibernation with claims they are waiting to strike when it means something. This could have been fixed by simply connecting new sign-ups during this downtime to their referrers in 2.0.

It is noticable that there is less new blood around here and many old regulars have moved on, when we were top 4 we would get random investors, contributors and people checking us out, now that we are below the fold (similar to Google search results) we don't have that visibility and therefore few new buyers.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Tuck Fheman

:P
Disclosure : I'm not a Libertarian.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Tuck, why is that quote from me your signature now.  Lol! :p

You know why.  :P

Offline phillyguy

Tuck Fheman

You know why.  :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

One of these days we're going to Summer Announce, "Oh, by the way, that test net that's been running flawlessly for the past week, that's now the official release version."  Then the 30 day countdown to the Pitch Fork will begin.

So you don't know the day or the hour, but you already know the season.

Endure the tribulation and enjoy the rapture...

"Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
and you don't stop..."

36"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the Angel Investors in AGS, nor the Dev's, but only the Issuer. As it was in the days of Satoshi, so it will be at the coming of the ShareDrop."

Tuck Fheman

If a manipulator actually was executing this strategy, what you would see is VERY LARGE sell walls, looking all scary, causing others to dump shares into the bids of the whale placing the sell walls.  that is not what we are seeing.  Instead, its the buywalls that are consistently large, and then someone (people who now hate bitshares and want out apparently), just keep dumping into them over and over.

"There's no need to show the horse the whip when he's already running as fast as he can." - Tuck Fheman ;)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
You got a better theory Ander for why since the June 8th announcement it has been on a constant downward pressure?

Its because a bunch of people out there are pissed off at the bitshares dev team, or have lost trust in them, combined with people losing patience for 2.0 coming out. 

They are upset about the formation of Cryptonomex, which they see as making bytemaster & team not committed to Bitshares. 

They are upset about the creation of Brownie.PTS (probably because they didnt get some), because they feel it is taking away from potential BTS sharedrops.

They are upset about Identabit sharedropping on Brownie, because it confirmed for them that Brownie is taking away from potential BTS sharedrops.

They are also worried that 2.0 is vaporware and will never release.
We had a promising start of a rally turn into a very sharp decline pretty much immediately when the Identabit announcement came out. 

I dont agree with them on these issues, but I have seen people complain about these things on message boards and exchange trollboxes, and to me it explains the decline (in satoshi terms.  obviously the btc decline played a part in us declining relative to dollars as well).  Basically some significant holders didnt like these changes and sold as a result.

I dont buy the idea that a whale actually desires to increase his BTS holdings, but is doing so by dumping the hell out of BTS, hoping that after its low enough, they can then buy more cheap before it goes back up. 

If someone is actually doing this, they are failing at it super hard, because they have had to dump a huge amount of BTS, and there is almost NO volume of sell walls coming to let them buy it back.  Almost all of the volume is people dumping over and over into slowly lowering large buywalls.  They break one level of buywalls, and buyers set more big walls lower down, then this repeats.  There havent been bounces or buying of big sellwalls to indicate that someone is successfully selling and then buying back more shares.  Its pure selling.

If a manipulator actually was executing this strategy, what you would see is VERY LARGE sell walls, looking all scary, causing others to dump shares into the bids of the whale placing the sell walls.  that is not what we are seeing.  Instead, its the buywalls that are consistently large, and then someone (people who now hate bitshares and want out apparently), just keep dumping into them over and over.

I believe the cause of the peopel giving up are the things I outlined earlier.  (they dont like cryptonomex or brownies, and/or they are worried 2.0 wont ever release).  Additionally, some may have given up on 2.0 releasing and went into Ethereum.

I will admit I thought the price would move based on the announcements but I am more convinced now that big money is driving the price down in preparation of what's coming for bigger gains then what can be realized in this speculative market.

I am not sure if that is the dumbest or the most funny thing I have heard on the forum.

Just the picture of Institutional funds losing money to push down the price of a sub-penny cryptocurrency with a 7 figure marketcap in which nobody outside of this forum has ever heard of, is just outright stupid thinking. On the other hand, thinking anyone beyond your little pow wow of 15-30 people, there esists some elusive "Big Money" player, is hilarious.

Yes, whenever anyone insist that the price of something is being pushed down in order for someone big to accumulate, I roll my eyes a bit. :)  Its a standard way to avoid admitting to yourself that you were wrong about where the price was going.  ("I'm not wrong *the market* is wrong!") 

If any whale out there cared about Bitshares they would just buy a ton of it currently while its cheap.  There is no need to play elaborate games with the price, they could simply buy it at 1/3 of a cent.

Poor newmine.. needs to go back a week to dig up something to fud with.

Ander buying into the low.

It's actually not my idea.. but one that was presented by someone who is far more involved in the markets than myself. It was presented here in forums.. I don't just watch bitshares... it holds true for the tiny little crypto world in which we live. Any trader with a tiny little slush fund could play all the markets at the same time except for the bigger ones.. the smaller volume ones though are well within reach.

You got a better theory Ander for why since the June 8th announcement it has been on a constant downward pressure? You really think a $50-$100k daily volume cannot be easily played by a handful if not just one trader at a bank with a $100m slush who has chosen to follow cryptos as part of his earnings?

That is far more likely than a 'market of 15-30 people here' as newmine like to put it.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
One of these days we're going to Summer Announce, "Oh, by the way, that test net that's been running flawlessly for the past week, that's now the official release version."  Then the 30 day countdown to the Pitch Fork will begin.

So you don't know the day or the hour, but you already know the season.

Endure the tribulation and enjoy the rapture...

"Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool
Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
and you don't stop..."

Offline topcandle

Was it me, or did I hear end of October for release of Bitshares 2.0?  That's in line with 8 weeks. 

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Its gonna come out in November, and they are going to say 'in 2014 when we said november, we didnt say which november'.  Just wait. :P

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Another week.  Price is dropping to its low, accounting in the expectation that there is only three and a half weeks of summer left.  The lack of information is being taken into consideration by the market.

"just weeks away" - Stan Larimer

Tuck Fheman

Another week.  Price is dropping to its low, accounting in the expectation that there is only three and a half weeks of summer left.  The lack of information is being taken into consideration by the market.

"just weeks away" - Stan Larimer

Offline topcandle

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Stan, your patience is an example to us all. Some people will never see the wood for the trees. The sad thing is, their ignorance or greed is blinding them to being truely a part of something special.

I am absolutely amazed and enthused  by the announcements so far this summer. To have garnered the respect and interest of so many passionate crypto entrepreneurs is incredible. Talk about over deliver, so far you guys have smashed it.  I guess it helps not giving a fig for the price now that CNX exists and development has been able to continue.....genius.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
There have been 9 weeks of summer and so far we have had only 8 announcements.

Rats.  We must have the slowest rate of major announcements in all of cryptodom!

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Another week without announcment.  Investors are tired of empty promises and the price is reflecting that.  It's crashing hard.  What this tells me is that the rise before bitshares 2.0bwas due to profit in the news that there would be many good partnerships announced over the summer.  Now investors are correcting that view.  They also probably see the announcements given thus far are not satisfactory for where the price is today.  So downtrend is possible back to 8mm.  That's what the market is saying/

I actually think some of the announcements so far have been pretty solid.

However other than the announcement of BTS 2.0 none have moved the market. My reasoning is that they all rely on BTS 2.0 so that needs to be delivered first. Prior announcements may only then really start to be priced in. So if they did have any more up their sleeve it's possible they would have more of an impact post 2.0.

Regards the share price I think CNX/IDentabit/Brownies are all perceived as threatening in some way to BTS and having the largest impact atm. However the XCP price chart also mirrors ours for the last 7 days which may indicate that the very recent decline might be Ether fear related as well.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Krills

• View Profile
CNX AND EXCITING SUMMER-what a joke.told you before

Offline topcandle

Another week without announcment.  Investors are tired of empty promises and the price is reflecting that.  It's crashing hard.  What this tells me is that the rise before bitshares 2.0bwas due to profit in the news that there would be many good partnerships announced over the summer.  Now investors are correcting that view.  They also probably see the announcements given thus far are not satisfactory for where the price is today.  So downtrend is possible back to 8mm.  That's what the market is saying/

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
So we might have something from John Underwood, an update from DACx, still, I would be satisfied with 2 - 3 more announcements from other entities getting involved with BitShares but to be honest I don't know if that's asking too much
Announcement from DACx?
They have been a 100% delegate for a long time now but have not made a post in months.

Not exactly an announcement, just an update of what they're doing. Check this thread Stan mentioned they might say something. To be honest I thought an announcement per week was not realistic from the start, so I'm not to worried about that as I think things are being worked on behind the scenes otherwise they wouldn't be mentioned. And since 2.0 seems to be close I'm expecting those announcements after 2.0 it's on

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
So we might have something from John Underwood, an update from DACx, still, I would be satisfied with 2 - 3 more announcements from other entities getting involved with BitShares but to be honest I don't know if that's asking too much
Announcement from DACx?
They have been a 100% delegate for a long time now but have not made a post in months.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Its been about a full month now since we had one.

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
"Confidential / Stealth Transfer Support Implemented and Passing" was insanely good news:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17687.msg225387.html

We just went from "utter shi-" on privacy to "top notch" and that's one of the key selling features in this space.

Offline topcandle

Another week gone without announcement.  We need to be better at filtering fraud talk and actionable talk.  Just had to point out. 

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
it was very encouraging to have both Bytemaster and Stan respond to this post.  As a community member, I felt incumbent to push us and those around us to achieve more than we at first thought we could.  Its a duty and a privilege.  That was my goal of this post. 

Though, I feel that I need to share my opinion.  We should always be skeptical in what we see, hear and do.  We always have to be weary of the possibility that CMX and the other teams raise big expectations, and when they can't fully deliver, they compromise, giving the community less than what they get as a payoff from jumping ship.  If you don't mentally or financially prepare for this, I tihnk your opening yourself to big vulnerabilities.  And big losses. 

CMX will be working for another company, another bank, another Fortune 500.  The fact that they are a consulting group is very concerning.  Consulting don't have as much skin in the game because they have various income streams.  The Dev team are free to disagree.  But these are the facts.  They are diversified from the risks, unlike the community.  When it comes down to bottom line budgets and numbers, they can only give their attention to the community, only what is worth their time. They will have to prove (and I certainly believe they will) that its overwise true.  That you can have a world-class software consulting group, profitability operating within a self-organizing system. 

These are just my thoughts and I mean no hard or fault.  I'm just seeing things for what they are right now.

I'm not talking in the name of anybody else than mine, but here's the way I see it from the info I was able to gather while reading through the forum.

From my understanding, the objective of creating the consulting entity "Cryptonomex" was for the dev team to continue to be able to work full time on Graphene based solutions (or any other project related to blockchains) without having Bitshares to pay for the whole team full time. So basically CNX will work on a projet by project basis on Bitshares' features after 2.0 release. These features will be voted by the community and CNX will be paid according to the contract they propose and the Bitshares shareholders approve.

If for any reason Bitshares shareholders vote for less dilution, then there will be a reduction of the contracts awarded to CNX by Bitshares. But those guys still need to work. That's why consulting for blockchain based solutions in general is good. Because instead of having to get another day job somewhere else, they can still work for CNX. Otherwise CNX would lose some devs by lack of work load.

And saying CNX don't have skin in the game is not that true. The payment for CNX work on Bitshares will be shares that will have to vest during an extended period of time, as explained in the initial worker proposal by BM. So basically CNX will only have a big payday if Bitshares is successful in the next few years.

And as for risk diversification... Any investor is responsible for their risk management. If you feel having a consulting company leading Bitshares' development instead of a dedicated development team is bad in the long term, then you should invest accordingly.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline topcandle

it was very encouraging to have both Bytemaster and Stan respond to this post.  As a community member, I felt incumbent to push us and those around us to achieve more than we at first thought we could.  Its a duty and a privilege.  That was my goal of this post. 

Though, I feel that I need to share my opinion.  We should always be skeptical in what we see, hear and do.  We always have to be weary of the possibility that CMX and the other teams raise big expectations, and when they can't fully deliver, they compromise, giving the community less than what they get as a payoff from jumping ship.  If you don't mentally or financially prepare for this, I tihnk your opening yourself to big vulnerabilities.  And big losses. 

CMX will be working for another company, another bank, another Fortune 500.  The fact that they are a consulting group is very concerning.  Consulting don't have as much skin in the game because they have various income streams.  The Dev team are free to disagree.  But these are the facts.  They are diversified from the risks, unlike the community.  When it comes down to bottom line budgets and numbers, they can only give their attention to the community, only what is worth their time. They will have to prove (and I certainly believe they will) that its overwise true.  That you can have a world-class software consulting group, profitability operating within a self-organizing system. 

These are just my thoughts and I mean no hard or fault.  I'm just seeing things for what they are right now. 

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I have the impression that this topic is worth being considered as a summer announcement:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17608.0.html
which is a continuation of an older thread:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,16490.0.html

@Stan, are you in contact with these guys?
IMO they are doing an amazing job and it looks like they are going to deliver on their promises pretty soon.

I agree.. it might be a good idea to get them onboard with coordinating your announcements. They slipped in yesterday on the forum almost unnoticed!

Yep.  Never saw that one coming.

However, they are arguably the biggest announcement of last week and would certainly seem to qualify as a nice addition to the BitShares ecosystem.

So, at the risk of the usual suspects crying "foul!" at the mere technicality that we are announcing it ad hoc, ex niliho, ex post facto, carpe diem, e pluribus unum and caveat emptor, I hereby declare that this is officially Summer Announcement Number Six.

If someone provides us the text of a nice article, perhaps with a suitable picture, I'll pass it on to Murderistic for potential syndication, and even link to it on bitcointalk.

So has it been written, so let it be done!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 11:07:58 pm by Stan »

I have the impression that this topic is worth being considered as a summer announcement:

IMO they are doing an amazing job and it looks like they are going to deliver on their promises pretty soon.

I agree.. it might be a good idea to get them onboard with coordinating your announcements. They slipped in yesterday on the forum almost unnoticed!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile
We already know the involvement of dacx but could could/Will we have an annoucement for them? Would be nice to get an update on that

I've passed the suggestion along...  :)

That's great, thanks Stan!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
We already know the involvement of dacx but could could/Will we have an annoucement for them? Would be nice to get an update on that

I've passed the suggestion along...  :)

jakub

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
(b) a car accident leaving someone's father in critical condition

Im sorry to hear that - hope everything works out.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
+5%

Offline EstefanTT

Even if I'm here for the long term, when the bts price brake a support and go down, my happiness take a hit.

It's great to know that you are not giving news as they come but you have a maser plan to difuse them.

It's gonna be a great summer ! I'm impatient to discover the next ones  !!!!
Bit20, the cryptocurrency index fund http://www.bittwenty.com
(BitShares French ConneXion - www.bitsharesfcx.com)

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Wow I actually believed Stan when he said there would be announcements every week until the end of the summer.  Remember until they go to sleep.  It turns out nothing this week.  And last week itself was a non-annoucenment since we already knew about it long ago.  So far the announcements have been underwhelming.  Nothing really says game changing.  And we don't even know what one announcement will do, and this one #4 will occupy yet another annoucenemnt spot at the end of the month.  What happened to all those secret memos and partnerships that Stan couldn't tell us about in his previous weekly updates?

All of this only makes me think how a bit hyperboled up bitshares 2.0 has been.  Can they deliver on time and effectively?  Should we now start questioning the intent the business leaders when they say something?  I think this is constructive criticism if not a good example that I wanted to bring this up with the community because I know I am not the only one who feels slighted if not entirely frustrated.

You need to understand who the announcements are for goes beyond this forum.  If something occurs that you already knew about, congratulations for being a faithful forum rat - the rest of the world didn't know.  (And you didn't know about BunkerDEX already, because Jonathan just told us about his plan to go ahead with it a week earlier.)

Each announcement gets syndicated broadly and, as you just saw with this week's giant Forbes article, we are climbing in the stature of media that feature us.

The goal is to have something about BitShares in syndication in a continuous news saturation campaign leading up to BitShares 2.0 launch.   That will occasionally include reprise visits to various topics from different angles or stages of progress to make sure that everything we've got going gets maximum awareness.  Some of our partners have multi-staged announcement strategies of their own.

Our strategy for the past four weeks was to introduce four great new members of the BitShares Exchange Network to show the diversity of different businesses that can benefit.  Each of these four was actually a group of startup initiatives, so they were technically multiple announcements right there - raising our average.  :P

The entire concept of using a blockchain to integrate groups of groups of businesses should be sufficiently "whelming" for the astute student.   If you are underwhelmed, you are sadly not grasping the significance of it all.  However, like a good suspense thriller, the various plots will come together in the end.  Perhaps some will need to watch the movie a few times before everything sinks in.

After five announcements in a row, we hit a gap this week because of (a) case of strep throat (b) a car accident leaving someone's father in critical condition (c) three other partners who thought they would be ready but aren't quite yet.  Stuff happens.  Fortunately, the wonderful CCEDK Forbes article filled that gap for us nicely.

I believe my statement was we would be making announcements at "regular intervals" all summer long.   Much of that depends on our partners schedules, not ours.

Indeed we might wind up averaging one a week depending on how we choose to bundle the news releases for max sustained impact in the media.  We work that out with our very talented media advisors and are adapting the plan in real time as various acts get ready to go on stage. 

Our Air Traffic Control Team is busy coordinating all the planes on final approach to keep something coming in for a landing "at regular intervals all summer long".  We also want to make sure that each partner gets their fair share of air time in the spotlight like fashion models on the runway or elephants on parade.

I'll leave a tally of the total number of mixed metaphors used in this post as an exercise for the student.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 02:59:55 am by Stan »

Offline bytemaster

We had announcements planned for this week, but they got postponed.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline topcandle

Wow I actually believed Stan when he said there would be announcements every week until the end of the summer.  Remember until they go to sleep.  It turns out nothing this week.  And last week itself was a non-annoucenment since we already knew about it long ago.  So far the announcements have been underwhelming.  Nothing really says game changing.  And we don't even know what one announcement will do, and this one #4 will occupy yet another annoucenemnt spot at the end of the month.  What happened to all those secret memos and partnerships that Stan couldn't tell us about in his previous weekly updates?

All of this only makes me think how a bit hyperboled up bitshares 2.0 has been.  Can they deliver on time and effectively?  Should we now start questioning the intent the business leaders when they say something?  I think this is constructive criticism if not a good example that I wanted to bring this up with the community because I know I am not the only one who feels slighted if not entirely frustrated. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 01:18:12 am by topcandle »