Author Topic: PeerTracks has competition  (Read 9221 times)

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
Heap seems like the kind of person who would support mulitple solutions to "the problem". PeerTracks should definitely contact her.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
damn ethereum is going to be sick...
second project that announces to work with the guys

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Cob, you should contact her and try to bring her on board with peertracks. If she's truly only interested in helping artists then she may well be open to helping as peertracks is likely further ahead than any new project. It would be great for an artist who is passionate about blockchain tech to help peertracks and it's not as if notes are overly expensive if she also wanted to invest.

Offline ghost_of_the_internet

• View Profile
Part two is out

http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgehoward/2015/07/28/imogen-heap-gets-specific-about-mycelia-a-fair-trade-music-business-inspired-by-blockchain/

She says that she is in talks with the guys from ethereum to actually bring this project to life. She acknowledges that people are already working on a music blockchain and says that someone is almost there(PeerTracks?). Anyways she goes in depth to the ideas that she has and how it would work. So much of it is very similar to the ideas already discussed here. This space is definitely heating up.

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Read it. Very interesting. I'll await part 2. If you see it when it comes out, send me the link!

thanks
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ghost_of_the_internet

• View Profile
The artist Imogen Heap is working on a blockchain based music service. Its called Mycelia...

You may know her from this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYIAfiVGluk

Ms. Heap acknowledges that we’re some time away from “solving” the problem, but Ms. Heap’s vision – a project she refers to as Mycelia – for how this change might come about is the most fully-formed I’ve yet to hear from anyone.

Very interesting interview.
Goes on to say
Watch this space, Imogen Heap is primed, and it’s about to get interesting.

The whole interview can be found here
http://www.forbes.com/sites/georgehoward/2015/07/17/imogen-heaps-mycelia-an-artists-approach-for-a-fair-trade-music-business-inspired-by-blockchain/

It's a two part interview. Part one does not get into how this system will work. Basically says that the music industry is going to implode in about five years in the future when artists get sick of the awful deals they have been dealing with for all of time.

Then goes on to discuss how this blockchain cryptocurrency idea where artists will all be connected will be the most treasured database of all time.