Author Topic: ETA on 2.0?  (Read 10118 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
But it would be a suckers bet to take part in this case, because the size of this market would be tiny & the information disadvantage huge.

Yes I agree.  But the prediction market would serve its purpose of improving the accuracy of telling us when it will be out.
+5%

Lol that would be funny to have a prediction market for all of the bitcoin 2.0 projects out there.

This could help people who constantly request a roadmap with dates. :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
But it would be a suckers bet to take part in this case, because the size of this market would be tiny & the information disadvantage huge.

Yes I agree.  But the prediction market would serve its purpose of improving the accuracy of telling us when it will be out. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
We should start a prediction market bet for 2.0 ;-P

I hope no-one would really bet on it :) You would be at such a huge information disadvantage to all the co-located devs. It would be a suckers bet.

And this is why prediction markets work.  Because they incentivize those with more information to put their money behind it, thus revealing the information to the market, in return for a profit.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

I hope no-one would really bet on it :) You would be at such a huge information disadvantage to all the co-located devs. It would be a suckers bet.

And this is why prediction markets work.  Because they incentivize those with more information to put their money behind it, thus revealing the information to the market, in return for a profit.

truth  +5%

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
Yea, it's funny how all of a sudden Ethereum was "officially" released in "July", just as all the money and market sentiment was moving into the "August" bet  8)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline hodor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hodor

hodor
Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline MJK

• View Profile
Thank you, I had not seen that date posted before.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

As a newbie maybe I am missing something. However, I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be timeline/countdown to do live. I would think if we're only couple of months away from launch, it shouldn't be difficult to put an ETA on it.
Just asking :)

I believe the reason why there is no countdown is because we are still adding features.  It sounds like blinded signatures will be added, but that was suppose to be a worker proposal post release of 2.0.

I am guessing the release target is 9/8/15 since that is listed in the code base as to when the code must be licensed in order to be used.  Dev's have a test net running, but its a small one where they can make changes quickly.  They will have to get moving quickly though and be stable by 8/8 since they want to give the exchanges 30 days notice before the switch over to 2.0.

Offline MJK

• View Profile

As a newbie maybe I am missing something. However, I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be timeline/countdown to do live. I would think if we're only couple of months away from launch, it shouldn't be difficult to put an ETA on it.
Just asking :)

Offline cryptoMPA

• View Profile
2.0 will probably come out just after Krills gives up, just like the price bottom was right after lzr1900 sold. :P

People are quite damaged by the usual clone-a-coin-release-flashy-design in a week setup.

Improvements takes time and more so when you are pioneering a field. I don't get the rush when BTS is working like it is supposed to.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Once again the best possible answer to this will come from a Fairlay prediction, not the devs. Someone page that guy, I'll throw at least 1 BTC at predicting
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
2.0 will probably come out just after Krills gives up, just like the price bottom was right after lzr1900 sold. :P

Offline cryptoMPA

• View Profile
I look forward to 2.0 a lot.

I've heard September being tossed around so I'm counting on early 2016. Most of the time software takes longer to complete than expected.

Offline MJK

• View Profile

Is there any chance of some screenshots or wire frames of how th web interface will look?
Is it still planned to be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look and fel?

Thx
It's old layout I think but it still looks like this

Thanks clayop.
Do you know if the devs are still planning to have the interface be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look?

I think they are planning web-based wallet, which embraces advanced and basic users and light wallet, which has basic functionalities for beginners.

Thank you. Thats good news for someone who is not a trader. I need to use something that easy to navigate and intuitive.

Offline MJK

• View Profile
In general take any estimate a dev tells you in software world and multiply it by 2

But thats the nature of the beast. Theres always bugs and issues that come up and this isnt unique to bitshares. Maidsafe and Ethereum are prime examples.

However, i do think we should do a better job of setting expectations with estimated dates. If you set the expectation something will be out this week and dont deliver, you loose more  and more credibility. Better to have not said anything at all.

I wish had a targeted go-live date for the users, the market and partners to look towards.

All that said, its easy to suggest from the sidelines. We know the devs are working hard creating something great. We're all a little eager i guess.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop

Is there any chance of some screenshots or wire frames of how th web interface will look?
Is it still planned to be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look and fel?

Thx

Thanks clayop.
Do you know if the devs are still planning to have the interface be modular so beginner and advanced users can have a different look?

I think they are planning web-based wallet, which embraces advanced and basic users and light wallet, which has basic functionalities for beginners.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
In general take any estimate a dev tells you in software world and multiply it by 2
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

clout

I built the July 20 test net on my computer. I don't think they are as close to a public test net as they say.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I hope i am wrong,but no.
BTS 2.0 's progress still shitty,i know they updata everyday,so what,the public testnet still can't come out,can not suprise the market.
the price still shitty,major people invest in crypto still don't trust bts.
that is all because of dev's hotair and empty promise!!
do you remember last year?dev told everyone BIG THING IS COMING.
at the end,nothing happen,am i wrong about this?

harsh, but everyone has the right to an opinion and we wouldn't be a strong community if we only had cheerleaders. have you sold all your BTS, or still keeping some to hedge in case you're wrong? i have been buying with these major dips down, but have slowed my purchases until i see solid progress with 2.0. skepticism is crucial for to be a successful speculator long term.

Offline MJK

• View Profile

Thx

Thanks clayop.

Offline Krills

• View Profile
BTW
I guess stan's "amazing summer" also some bullshit like before .
Summer is about to end,and bts 2.0 can't even deliver a public testnet.what a joke.

Offline Krills

• View Profile
I hope i am wrong,but no.
BTS 2.0 's progress still shitty,i know they updata everyday,so what,the public testnet still can't come out,can not suprise the market.
the price still shitty,major people invest in crypto still don't trust bts.
that is all because of dev's hotair and empty promise!!
do you remember last year?dev told everyone BIG THING IS COMING.
at the end,nothing happen,am i wrong about this?

Offline bulletproof

Bitshares will out of top 10 very soon.
even BANX was better than BTS.
2.0?just some BS without real thing.
they want to use  2.0 to pump BTS,then,whats the result?nothing happen and going down all the time.
hahahahahha.
sb bm

So why not do something more constructive and switch, it's easy now banx.io
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

they want to use  2.0 to pump BTS,then,whats the result?nothing happen and going down all the time.
hahahahahha.
sb bm

Tell Wuyanren I said hi.

Im guessing krills doesn't have the ability to read github... There are 5 or 6 code updates per day, sometimes more.  I think the test net is very close to being released.

The problem with people like krills is that they are generally small investors who don't have much money to lose and don't know risk management. They feel the pain of every dollar lost in bts market cap and need to place the blame on someone (usually the devs).  There is a reason why the best hedge funds and traders don't accept investmens of less than 500k... It's because the small investor can't stomach losses and needs constant updates on positions and return. This takes the focus away from the managers ability to do his job and make steady returns for his investors.  This is very similar to what has happened in bts.

Offline phillyguy

hahahahahha.
sb bm

Tell Wuyanren I said hi.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea

Thx

delegate-clayop

Offline Krills

• View Profile
hahahahahha.
sb bm

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Thx

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
what exactly does that mean? implications for the future of Bitshares?
BitShares has licenced the right to use CNX's graphene code indefinitely AFAIK ..
hence no implications for BTS directly ..

what about modifying the system over time? or are we fixed with a tech freeze at launch and restricted to whatever CNX wants to implement in future?

No restrictions on what you want to implement in the future.    The only restriction would be on FUTURE code developed by CNX, but we will likely offer everything to BTS as a worker proposal.

cool, well it'll be interesting to see where this all goes. this is by far the most interesting crypto project to me.

Offline bytemaster

BitShares has licenced the right to use CNX's graphene code indefinitely AFAIK ..

what about modifying the system over time? or are we fixed with a tech freeze at launch and restricted to whatever CNX wants to implement in future?

No restrictions on what you want to implement in the future.    The only restriction would be on FUTURE code developed by CNX, but we will likely offer everything to BTS as a worker proposal.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
I bet on September 9th

This source code is provided for evaluation in private test networks only, until September 8, 2015. After this date, this license expires and
the code may not be used, modified or distributed for any purpose.

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/blob/master/LICENSE

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
I bet on September 9th

This source code is provided for evaluation in private test networks only, until September 8, 2015. After this date, this license expires and
the code may not be used, modified or distributed for any purpose.

https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene/blob/master/LICENSE
delegate-clayop

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
a better 2.0 release guestimation thread:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17631.0/topicseen.html

maybe September?

Offline cylonmaker2053

• View Profile
i keep hearing sometime this summer, possibly September, but i'm just spreading rumor right now...

Offline devlux

• View Profile
I'm re-doing some infrastructure on our end that is necessary to support BTS.
Not sure why I have to rebuild this thing and resync each time I move from dev to live, but either way it's hours of work and it impacts everything in our business that relies on BTS or bitUSD.

Because of this I'm wondering if we're looking at BTS 2.0 to be released this quarter or next or if it's looking more like 2016?
I need as much lead time as possible for infrastructure and development planning.  Just shunting over in 90 days is not enough time for us to recode everything that depends on the current API.  I'm not seeing API docs for the next gen system either so I have no idea what it will entail, but everything I'm reading so far is saying the current API gets tossed out.

Thanks for any info.  It will help me sleep well tonight to know how much time I've got before I need to start working on that project.