Author Topic: ETA on 2.0?  (Read 9990 times)

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
But it would be a suckers bet to take part in this case, because the size of this market would be tiny & the information disadvantage huge.

Yes I agree.  But the prediction market would serve its purpose of improving the accuracy of telling us when it will be out.
+5%

Lol that would be funny to have a prediction market for all of the bitcoin 2.0 projects out there.

This could help people who constantly request a roadmap with dates. :P

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
But it would be a suckers bet to take part in this case, because the size of this market would be tiny & the information disadvantage huge.

Yes I agree.  But the prediction market would serve its purpose of improving the accuracy of telling us when it will be out. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
We should start a prediction market bet for 2.0 ;-P

I hope no-one would really bet on it :) You would be at such a huge information disadvantage to all the co-located devs. It would be a suckers bet.

And this is why prediction markets work.  Because they incentivize those with more information to put their money behind it, thus revealing the information to the market, in return for a profit.

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

I hope no-one would really bet on it :) You would be at such a huge information disadvantage to all the co-located devs. It would be a suckers bet.

And this is why prediction markets work.  Because they incentivize those with more information to put their money behind it, thus revealing the information to the market, in return for a profit.

truth  +5%

Offline Ander

• View Profile

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline giant middle finger

• View Profile
Yea, it's funny how all of a sudden Ethereum was "officially" released in "July", just as all the money and market sentiment was moving into the "August" bet  8)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline hodor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hodor

hodor
Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog

Offline MJK

• View Profile
Thank you, I had not seen that date posted before.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

As a newbie maybe I am missing something. However, I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be timeline/countdown to do live. I would think if we're only couple of months away from launch, it shouldn't be difficult to put an ETA on it.
Just asking :)

I believe the reason why there is no countdown is because we are still adding features.  It sounds like blinded signatures will be added, but that was suppose to be a worker proposal post release of 2.0.

I am guessing the release target is 9/8/15 since that is listed in the code base as to when the code must be licensed in order to be used.  Dev's have a test net running, but its a small one where they can make changes quickly.  They will have to get moving quickly though and be stable by 8/8 since they want to give the exchanges 30 days notice before the switch over to 2.0.

Offline MJK

• View Profile

As a newbie maybe I am missing something. However, I don't understand why there doesn't seem to be timeline/countdown to do live. I would think if we're only couple of months away from launch, it shouldn't be difficult to put an ETA on it.
Just asking :)

Offline cryptoMPA

• View Profile
2.0 will probably come out just after Krills gives up, just like the price bottom was right after lzr1900 sold. :P

People are quite damaged by the usual clone-a-coin-release-flashy-design in a week setup.

Improvements takes time and more so when you are pioneering a field. I don't get the rush when BTS is working like it is supposed to.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Once again the best possible answer to this will come from a Fairlay prediction, not the devs. Someone page that guy, I'll throw at least 1 BTC at predicting
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
2.0 will probably come out just after Krills gives up, just like the price bottom was right after lzr1900 sold. :P