Author Topic: Micro update  (Read 5951 times)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Hey everyone,
micro update time!

We are currently responding to all the people we met at MIDEM. Specifically those who are interested in porting over their catalogs to PeerTracks. At present, we are set up for individual artists to create accounts and then manually upload their music. So we must develop a way to port in entire catalogs from labels. We are writing some scripts that can allow us to do so efficiently... if only the music industry had standards!

Regarding development
We originally were waiting for Bitshares 1.0 however, the front end had not been tested – we did showcase a very basic working model at the Texas Bitcoin Association in Austin back in March of this year. Now we have developed a successful in-house blockchain prototype and have merged the web app with the prototype chain that was custom written and has all the features PeerTracks needs.
During this time we were made aware that the Bitshares team was developing something big  – GRAPHENE as we now know it today – I am very happy to say that the wait and implementation of PeerTracks into GRAPHENE will put PeerTracks on steroids!

The original plan was to have the prototype blockchain plug into PeerTracks and have our proof of concept with only a few users on there. This could have helped us in securing new funding and at getting media attention since we would no longer just be talking the talk, we would be walking the walk.
We would then have had to switch to a more powerful blockchain and who knows what could have happened during that transition. We did not want to give a bad user experience to our non-crypto users ^^
So I am happy to say that we are going DIRECTLY to the Ferrari, aka the MUSE blockchain (made from Graphene's toolkit)
We are coming out of the gates with an already fast and scalable product. Features that were going to be implemented "eventually" will be implemented NOW.

Testers
We are now taking interest in those who want to be the first to use the PeerTracks platform on a test basis. If you or a friend's performing band wants in on this exclusive release please email us info@peertracks.com with "being a tester" as subject line. We need bands with a solid fan base.
In order for us to make this a great product, we need transactions i.e. buyers of tokens, downloads, streamers etc.

Funds
As I've mentioned before, we have weathered the storm of declining BTC prices and all the expenses we have incurred to this point so we will be coming to the end of our rope on the funds that amassed during the pre-sale – again no need to panic our CEO is putting in his own money like he did before to tie us over so, no worries there.
We are now preparing plans for a possible (probable!) private round of funding into the PeerTracks corporation to take this to the next level.

Getting the word out.... soon :)
And finally (I'm sure a bunch of you are waiting for the green light on this) it will soon be time to get the word out – big plans are scheduled for all the major music outlets, both online and print media, as well as participating in the major music festivals. We are creating teaser and explainer videos, new (more detailed!) content for sites, etc.
The time has come to educate the public on how to use this extraordinary music platform and the benefits it can bring to the entire music industry.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.