Author Topic: Bter has re-enabled BTS withdrawals.  (Read 4696 times)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
sumantso, I agree, and half the time I cant get it to work.

Its all riding on 2.0 fixing these issues.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
The wallet is the worst piece of software I had the misfortune to use in my whole life; and that includes any virus or trojan which made its way onto my computer. I had given up long back and my BTS was lying on Bter when the hack happened. After spending sleepless nights the exchange came back and recently again disabled withdrawals. So I finally decided to give it another try, and it got stuck at 44%. I deleted and tried again and it keeps getting stuck. I restart and it goes a bit again and gets stuck again, and finally its at 57% and not moving forward.

I am done with this junk. Before anyone starts complaining about my hardware I have 4 GB of RAM and I run multiple memory intensive programs without a hitch, but apparently its no good for this. I can't take the risk of exchanges going down and me losing everything, so best to keep BTC. Maybe someday I will get BTS again when I can actually run this thing.

It's not just the memory.. its the IO.. 4GB is like the minimum you want to run especially during syncing times. The best thing you can do is unload everything, and leave the system to sync. Once it's done then you are going to be fine.

I work with my wallet daily, and there have been times I had to recover it due to a sudden unclean shutdown corrupting the db. I always managed to bring it back.. but then my virtual desktop has 8gb of ram too.

Like I said.. shut down everything else, and let the sync finish without interruption. Hope this helps.

Thanks for trying to help, but I am not stupid; obviously I have tried all those. The last straw was when I left it overnight and saw the next day that it hadn't moved an inch.

Anyways, don't bother. In addition to this the fans start whirring like crazy. Last it did was when I tried running Dragon Age: Inquisitions.

Try 8GB RAM, or more if possible. The wallet is a hungry one. Give it ton of food. Or use the online web wallet.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Black Arrow

• View Profile
The wallet is the worst piece of software I had the misfortune to use in my whole life; and that includes any virus or trojan which made its way onto my computer. I had given up long back and my BTS was lying on Bter when the hack happened. After spending sleepless nights the exchange came back and recently again disabled withdrawals. So I finally decided to give it another try, and it got stuck at 44%. I deleted and tried again and it keeps getting stuck. I restart and it goes a bit again and gets stuck again, and finally its at 57% and not moving forward.

I am done with this junk. Before anyone starts complaining about my hardware I have 4 GB of RAM and I run multiple memory intensive programs without a hitch, but apparently its no good for this. I can't take the risk of exchanges going down and me losing everything, so best to keep BTC. Maybe someday I will get BTS again when I can actually run this thing.

I started a post a couple of days ago about problems I have had with installing the wallet and keeping the blockchain synched. I love Bitshares but the frustration of trying to keep the wallet software running just wasn't worth it anymore.  tbone suggested I try this web wallet, which I did. Much more secure than leaving your coins on an exchange, and so far it's worked fine for me.

https://wallet.bitshares.org

sumantso

It's not just the memory.. its the IO.. 4GB is like the minimum you want to run especially during syncing times. The best thing you can do is unload everything, and leave the system to sync. Once it's done then you are going to be fine.

I work with my wallet daily, and there have been times I had to recover it due to a sudden unclean shutdown corrupting the db. I always managed to bring it back.. but then my virtual desktop has 8gb of ram too.

Like I said.. shut down everything else, and let the sync finish without interruption. Hope this helps.

Thanks for trying to help, but I am not stupid; obviously I have tried all those. The last straw was when I left it overnight and saw the next day that it hadn't moved an inch.

Anyways, don't bother. In addition to this the fans start whirring like crazy. Last it did was when I tried running Dragon Age: Inquisitions.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

sumantso

Offline konelectric

Finally got my BTS out of Bter today. The only reason I keep them in there was because I couldn't get my wallet to work. I got the 0.9 wallet up and running good just in time for Bter to disenable the withdrawals. Now I'm waiting for them to release the rest of my Bitcoins. Also what's up with the Play snapshot?
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Now that the wallet_verify_deposit recognizes the transaction, does that mean
that the funds are now safe in my wallet, where I would only need to wait for
the transaction progress to finish so I can see the transaction? In other
words, are my funds already in the block-chain?
your funds are in one of your addresses. only you can access them now. However,
to do so, you need to wait for the sync to finish up.

The transaction scanning progress seems to be taking around 8 minutes per 1%, I
am currently at 5% does that mean I still need to wait another 760 (95% * 8 )
minutes or approx. 13 hours?
Sorry for that .. the new wallet will have a different transaction scanning
library that will make it alot faster.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Great! Thanks Anders.

Now that the wallet_verify_deposit recognizes the transaction, does that mean that the funds are now safe in my wallet, where I would only need to wait for the transaction progress to finish so I can see the transaction? In other words, are my funds already in the block-chain?

The transaction scanning progress seems to be taking around 8 minutes per 1%, I am currently at 5% does that mean I still need to wait another 760 (95% * 8 ) minutes or approx. 13 hours?

Yeah it takes forever.
Thanks again,
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Louis

Great! Thanks Anders.

Now that the wallet_verify_deposit recognizes the transaction, does that mean that the funds are now safe in my wallet, where I would only need to wait for the transaction progress to finish so I can see the transaction? In other words, are my funds already in the block-chain?

The transaction scanning progress seems to be taking around 8 minutes per 1%, I am currently at 5% does that mean I still need to wait another 760 (95% * 8 ) minutes or approx. 13 hours?

Thanks again,

« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:28:15 pm by Louis »

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Thanks Fav, Xeroc and Sudo for your replies,

I ran the wallet_verify_titan_deposit <transaction_id_prefix> and it gave me this:

{
  "from": "btercom",
  "to": "bristolbay",
  "amount": {
    "amount": 544940,
    "asset_id": 0
  },
  "memo": "memo2"
}

but I still don't see it under my recent transactions

The wallet scan progress under info says:
 "wallet_scan_progress": "1.20 %"

Do I need to wait until it's 100% to see my transactions?

Yes.  Right now its showing you the state of your wallet from months ago.  Once it finished you should see your bts.

Offline Louis

Thanks Fav, Xeroc and Sudo for your replies,

I ran the wallet_verify_titan_deposit <transaction_id_prefix> and it gave me this:

{
  "from": "btercom",
  "to": "bristolbay",
  "amount": {
    "amount": 544940,
    "asset_id": 0
  },
  "memo": "memo2"
}

but I still don't see it under my recent transactions

The wallet scan progress under info says:
 "wallet_scan_progress": "1.20 %"

Do I need to wait until it's 100% to see my transactions?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
don‘t keep bts in  centralized exchange !!!!!!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This is what it says: "blockchain_head_block_age": "9 seconds old"
You are perfectly in sync with the network

On the bottom left hand corner of the GUI it says: BitShares Transaction scanning progress 0%
Depending on how many accounts you have the scanning may take some time.
you can check the progress in the console via "info" .. the attribute is called
"wallet_scan_progress"

Before it connected, above the connection status, it said this: "Delegate participation rate is below 60%, please consider to postpone all transfers until the rate is back to 100%". Now it says: "Blocks are synced."
That's all right ... when your wallet is not synced fully it will give you this
warning until synced

Under recent transactions I still don't see the transfers I did from BTER.
you could in theory stop scanning and scan only the particualr block that
contains your transaction .. through I would not recommend

Alternatively, you could run
Code: [Select]
wallet_verify_titan_deposit <transaction_id_prefix>
The txid should be given by bter ..

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
BitShares Transaction scanning progress 0%

check again if the scanning process is 100% :)