Author Topic: # of trolls – a good or a bad sign.  (Read 2552 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Re: # of trolls – a good or a bad sign.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 08:48:32 pm »
Can't tell if serious or trolling.

For anyone stupid enough to take this seriously: ask yourselves, if NEXT WEEK there started to be a lot of negative posts in BITCOINTALK about BITCOIN, would that mean we were more likely to be:
1. in a world that contains a new "bad sign" for Bitcoin.
2. in a world that contains a new "good sign" for Bitcoin.

Then explain how that would be different for Bitshares, and no, "because whichever one I own must be doing great", does not count.

Waw, I slept for one night, for a change, and I wake up and it sounds like we have overtaken BTC by market capitalization!

For anyone stupid enough to not understand how 93% of the market is different from 0.09% of the market, I have no reasonable explanation, btw.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 08:50:46 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 11:49:23 pm »
Can't tell if serious or trolling.

For anyone stupid enough to take this seriously: ask yourselves, if NEXT WEEK there started to be a lot of negative posts in BITCOINTALK about BITCOIN, would that mean we were more likely to be:
1. in a world that contains a new "bad sign" for Bitcoin.
2. in a world that contains a new "good sign" for Bitcoin.

Then explain how that would be different for Bitshares, and no, "because whichever one I own must be doing great", does not count.

It is different for Bitshares, as the complainers are just mainly objecting to the perceived delays and bad communication.

The communication is clearly being addressed, I've noticed Toast specifically starting a new awareness marketing campaign, trying to break down Bitshares XT in a much simpler format etc. As for the delays, they are partly related to developing DPOS I believe, which BM & team is confident will be a huge long term advantage for a little short term pain.

Shareholders are very short term focused as a group though, so they are just expressing the short term pain  :) I don't hold it against anyone for complaining, even myself it is normal, if you correctly identified Bitshares was the best investment in this space and made a big play but are now watching other brands/coins/groups taking off it can be frustrating and you will question yourself and the team, this is all normal. 

However I'm MUCH happier that the developers are clearly not just trying to make a quick $, which they easily could have done, they clearly have BIG ambitions and plans and are doing what is in the best interest of Bitshares for sure. (It also doesn't seem that we will be waiting too long now for Bitshares XT to be tradeable and for some other snapshots to be announced.)

merockstar

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 12:09:25 am »
question, has anybody translated the dry run threads into chinese?

looks like somebody did... i think.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5251.0
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:18:27 am by merockstar »