Author Topic: BitShares Bingo  (Read 3196 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I found this one which is damn close:
https://github.com/emrahayanoglu/Node.js--Socket.io-and-Express-based-Multiplayer-Bingo-Game
edit, and: https://github.com/chocnut/react-bingo

I'd really like to offer this up in reactjs on io.js/koa using socket.io though :-\
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 07:33:50 pm by kenCode »
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I was hoping it could just use the existing shopping cart api..
I'm willing to pay for half of it personally if we could develop this for the community.

Is anybody qualified or willing to do this little one pager?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
By using the little BitShares Bingo game as a raffle, we will set aside 25,000 BTS for the winner. If you win a round of bingo, you win 1,000 BTS and can walk up to the stage to claim your prize. See above...

Do we have anybody who could code this little web app? I'm working on the Expo page right now and would like to mention this.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What happend to "Think bigger, Pinky!"?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
yeah, i don't want any games in our wallets either, but i was just thinkin it could be a url, an html5/reactjs/nodejs style app. I was thinkin more along the lines of bingo-for-bitshares.com or something. (of course that domain sucks but you get the idea)

then, we could just tie in the shopping cart api and the game ui/ux and we're all set.

i'm swamped as it is so i can't lead that project, but who was it that showed the interest in making it before?

bingo is an incredibly simple game, no fancy grafx of anything are even needed.

heck, you could even see the other people "in the room" (or at the Expo in our case) who are playing, who the winner just was, etc. the call girl then calls you up to the stage and gives you your prize. :)

of course all Smartcoins would have to be supported in the game as well so the disbursement would go to the correct bts wallet.

i'll fund part of it if you guys can help me fund the rest and find someone to make it.
thoughts?
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
At the BitShares Munich Expo 2016 (as I mentioned in the latest Nullstreet Journal) we will have very prominent speakers, music, vendors, etc. At around 1400, I was thinking of having a game like BitShares Bingo or something where the girl up on the stage is calling out "B8, N9, G2" etc.
Those with the little web App and BTS account can play. There will be 25 winners, each winning 1,000 BTS and a logo'd promotional item per game.

Is anybody working on such an App? DACPlay perhaps?
Thoughts?

Bingo was one of bytemaster's silver bullets to increase bts liquidity.  It was brought up several months ago and was thankfully shot down by most of the community.  The thought was not to include a game in the wallet and keep things looking professional.

That said, a few people have come up with some games using bts as a wagering tool.  I don't think it would be too much of a burden to get someone do design bingo.

I think its great as a 3rd party app using bitshares.  Those who were against it before were against having it actually in the BTS wallet, which makes sense.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
At the BitShares Munich Expo 2016 (as I mentioned in the latest Nullstreet Journal) we will have very prominent speakers, music, vendors, etc. At around 1400, I was thinking of having a game like BitShares Bingo or something where the girl up on the stage is calling out "B8, N9, G2" etc.
Those with the little web App and BTS account can play. There will be 25 winners, each winning 1,000 BTS and a logo'd promotional item per game.

Thoughts?

Bingo was one of bytemaster's silver bullets to increase bts liquidity.  It was brought up several months ago and was thankfully shot down by most of the community.  The thought was not to include a game in the wallet and keep things looking professional.

That said, a few people have come up with some games using bts as a wagering tool.  I don't think it would be too much of a burden to get someone do design bingo.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise

Thoughts?
www.PalmPay.chat