Author Topic: Seems like now would be the perfect time for Bitshares to "make nice"  (Read 4107 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Since it's a shortname asset, it'll be 500k BTS to register, so most likely it'll never happen :(
not sure that's true for MPA .. even if it was .. there is still ETHER and ETHEREUM

Offline svk

Why on earth would you use IOUs when ETH is a perfect candidate for a bitasset?
Just need to find someone to pay the asset fee..

Exactly.  What's the asset fee currently?  If necessary, we could do a donation to publicly raise the cost of the fee.

Since it's a shortname asset, it'll be 500k BTS to register, so most likely it'll never happen :(
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Tuck Fheman

Fundraiser?

Someone should create an asset on Qora to raise funds so BitShares can make ETH a bitAsset.  ;)

Offline Methodise

BTS: methodise

Offline yellowecho

Exactly.  What's the asset fee currently?  If necessary, we could do a donation to publicly raise the cost of the fee.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
Is the MIA Eth something where we could have people split the cost of registering and when 2.0 comes out effectively have the ownership/control allocated based on contribution/investment. Could be a chance to showcase dynamic account permissions...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 02:50:37 pm by lafona »
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona

Offline Blazin8888

Offline Riverhead

An MPA makes sense once ETH is trading and can have feeds. I do not count that rando's ETH IOU as an accurate feed. A UIA raises unnecessary trust issues and really is the wrong tool for the job. The goal is transaction volume not fund raising.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline monsterer

I posted on their forum ages ago asking for advice on integrating ETH but never received a response. I'll have to chase it...
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
1) write some Howto trade bitBTC <-> bitETH
2) construct gateways (@monsterer)
3) advertise bitETH!

Do not attempt 3) unless we have 1) and 2)!

Offline Not Vitalik Buterin

• I'm better than you by 15%, theoretically.
    • View Profile
"One way to succeed in getting VC funds is to cloak self as a BTC company but actually have wider ambitions"

Offline phillyguy

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline hodor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hodor
Hodor hodor hodor hodor hodor, hodor hodor.