Author Topic: Stale Slates  (Read 2003 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Ok, it seems like there was a wallet upgrade recently which changed the format, and past approvals were ignored. I made a fresh one without bad delegates, will add approvals after individual review
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This is how I am doing it:
https://github.com/xeroc/bitshares-pytools/blob/master/delegate-slate/main.py

It works the same way as described by @toast:
1) Disapprove all delegates
2) Approve the delegates in your slate
3) publish those that you have approved

Not sure why there is a 'null slate' exception in your case.

Offline vikram

How do I specify the slate? I changed my local approvals and did wallet_publish_slate dev0.nikolai and I got "Cannot publish the null slate!"

Cast votes for delegates within the delegate wallet with the same command you use like any other user.

Then publish it like you did above. At least that's what I understand.

You don't "cast votes", you set approval and then move funds around. I set approval, then tried to publish. Where does the slate it attempts to publish come from? Before it was approved delegates in your wallet
. It definitely shouldn't depend on what specifically I'm voting for with any BTS in that wallet.

What you are doing should work. Your approvals show up correctly if you do "wallet_list_approvals" ?

Offline toast

• View Profile
How do I specify the slate? I changed my local approvals and did wallet_publish_slate dev0.nikolai and I got "Cannot publish the null slate!"

Cast votes for delegates within the delegate wallet with the same command you use like any other user.

You don't "cast votes", you set approval and then move funds around. I set approval, then tried to publish. Where does the slate it attempts to publish come from? Before it was approved delegates in your wallet
. It definitely shouldn't depend on what specifically I'm voting for with any BTS in that wallet.

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

With bts_tools there is a different process where you can just maintain a file and publish it when ever you want to cast your votes and publish your slate.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline toast

• View Profile

iHashFury

It would also be helpful if market.cn.group101 produced an active feed.

Last one was Jul 11, 2015 12:35:40 PM and the Deviation from median  :(

Offline mint chocolate chip

Thanks, I'll fix this when I get home
Reminder for @toast
@btswildpig could you let whoever is in charge of market.cn.group101 know they should update their slate.
Thanks gentlemen.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Thanks, I'll fix this when I get home

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+5% good call.

We use slates and they are up to date.

Be nice if delegates would also publish their version # and feeds.

Delegates who are not publishing feeds by now in my estimation simply do not care enough about being a delegate at all.

Any of them who plan to run for being a witness in the future should not get voted for again.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline mint chocolate chip

Just throwing this out there, but maybe it is time for the few 100% delegates (and others) who actually bother with the slate thing to make sure theirs is up-to-date, probably best not to encourage voting for the outdated blackwavelabs and yunbi's of the world...

http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegate/slate?name=market.cn.group101
http://bitsharesblocks.com/delegate/slate?name=dev0.nikolai