Author Topic: Wallet won't opern  (Read 2068 times)

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
I have been running the BTS 0.9.1 for several weeks without a problem. Yesterday my laptop shut down unexpectedly.

When I restarted the computer the BitShares wallet wouldn't launch. I would enter my password and click on "unlock" and the screen would flash the waiting dots for a second, and then stop. Press "unlock" again, same thing.

So I uninstalled 0.9.1 and installed 0.9.2

Now when I enter my password and click on "unlock" the waiting screen with flasing dots stays on for a long time, then goes off. The task manager shows me that my memory usage keeps going up rapidly while the dots are showing, then memory usage increase slows right down when they disappear. Clicking on "unlock" again brings the dots back and memory usage keeps increasing.

I then tried deleting all the folders in my "appdata" "roaming"  "bitshares" except for wallets. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled 0.9.2

Same results. Can't open the wallet.  Repeated the previous steps, but same result.

I am using a laptop with Windows 7  with 16GB RAM  and 64-bit operating system and a solid state hard drive.

I have never had problems loading BitShares new releases on this computer before now.

Any suggestions?

Needs more grape Koolaid.  :-[

Try deleting your wallet. Hopefully you backed it up or saved the privatekeys. This was the only way I was able to get in. Now unfortunately, it's taken 2 days to regenerate keys and I still don't have my balance. I can't wait for Bitshares 2.0  ;) if you think Bitshares 0.9.2 was a piece of shit after 20 months of development,wait till you get a load of 2.0 after only 5 months of development.  It will be one of the greatest shits ever. Bigger than Bono.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 01:50:41 pm by newmine »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
try the bitshares_client.exe and type "open default" once you see ">>>"
the cli wallet may be alot more verbose than the GUI ..

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

You need to restore your wallets from back.. its the wallet data that is corrupted.

I have experienced what you have a few times.. I learned to just restore my wallets first before going through the pain of redownloading the chain data.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline onceuponatime

I have been running the BTS 0.9.1 for several weeks without a problem. Yesterday my laptop shut down unexpectedly.

When I restarted the computer the BitShares wallet wouldn't launch. I would enter my password and click on "unlock" and the screen would flash the waiting dots for a second, and then stop. Press "unlock" again, same thing.

So I uninstalled 0.9.1 and installed 0.9.2

Now when I enter my password and click on "unlock" the waiting screen with flasing dots stays on for a long time, then goes off. The task manager shows me that my memory usage keeps going up rapidly while the dots are showing, then memory usage increase slows right down when they disappear. Clicking on "unlock" again brings the dots back and memory usage keeps increasing.

I then tried deleting all the folders in my "appdata" "roaming"  "bitshares" except for wallets. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled 0.9.2

Same results. Can't open the wallet.  Repeated the previous steps, but same result.

I am using a laptop with Windows 7  with 16GB RAM  and 64-bit operating system and a solid state hard drive.

I have never had problems loading BitShares new releases on this computer before now.

Any suggestions?