Author Topic: Bter  (Read 2954 times)

Offline konelectric

I used to use Bter all the time for all my exchanges.  They even gave me interest on my bitshares. They supported the Play snapshot. And yes I did have some problem with them, but they didn't screw me out of any money (yet). They are still paying back my bitcoins (I only had what I could afford to loss there) slowly. I don't think any other hacked exchange has gone this far. With that said, if Bter didn't get hacked and everything was good with Bter, I probably would of moved away from Bter anyway for the other decentralized solutions. 
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 11:27:31 pm by konelectric »
Tweeter: Konelectric. Steemit: Konelectric. Youtube: Patrick Konshak. Success Council: Yourship. Mumble: Yourship or Konelectric.

BitEnthusiast

I finally got a response from support and shockingly, all 10K of my BTS was there, now they are safely stored on my macbook in my Bitshares wallet. Everything synced perfectly since I updated to 0.9.2. Now I'm waiting for Bitshares 2.0 to release.

make sure to make a backup of your wallet and you're set.

I still don't understand why people KEEP coins on a centralized exchange... I mean you're out of luck if you buy and withdraw immediately and it's not working but keeping coins there is like burning money

I made sure I backed up my wallet. Thanks.

Offline regismol

• View Profile
bter constantly have issues with customers and no response. i gave up on them long ago.

38PTSWarrior

I left it there for the case that if something would happen wallet to the wallet I would still have some left.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:13:34 am by 38PTSWarrior »

sumantso

I finally got a response from support and shockingly, all 10K of my BTS was there, now they are safely stored on my macbook in my Bitshares wallet. Everything synced perfectly since I updated to 0.9.2. Now I'm waiting for Bitshares 2.0 to release.

I still don't understand why people KEEP coins on a centralized exchange... I mean you're out of luck if you buy and withdraw immediately and it's not working but keeping coins there is like burning money

Maybe because some are unable to run that useless wallet?

I am not risking anymore and converting to BTC. Its funny how we all laugh at Bitcoin but now see how easy it is to store securely.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

38PTSWarrior

Nice to hear some happy people who have no software problems. Positive vibes.

BitEnthusiast

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Before that last big hack, my previous phone died without warning.  I contacted Bter support and they were able to disable 2FA so I could reinstate it on my new phone.  Unfortunately, that was aeons ago, when they had somewhat of a reputable business.  Keep trying, and you might get lucky.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
I don't mean to pile on BTer (yes I do), but BTer has held our funds for 8 weeks now and continues copy/pasting the same text back to us.

The other day we learned, and I shit you not, that they told a Developer of a coin that they didn't know they had to unlock their wallet to send funds. That was a week ago, they still haven't sent any funds.

They tell the Dev's one thing, then tell the community a different story, then do nothing.

I've given up trying to trust BTer at this point. People can debate all they want about whether they are incompetent or criminal, but the bottom line is you shouldn't trust your money with them either way.

let the record state that we were all warned!

Offline Riverhead

Looking at their volumes and the fact that they only charge 0.4% per transaction...they are not generating enough revenue to keep the lights on. Perhaps their deal with the mining farm is earning them some revenue. Hope they pull something out so that my btc_b has some hope to see the light of day.

BitEnthusiast

That's my biggest fear too...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The month where bter was down and I was afraid I had lost a ton of my BTS was the worst thing ever.  Never again!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

BitEnthusiast

I see. I'm trying to withdraw my BTS but I've been seeing that Bter has not been allowing people to withdraw BTS.

Tuck Fheman

I don't mean to pile on BTer (yes I do), but BTer has held our funds for 8 weeks now and continues copy/pasting the same text back to us.

The other day we learned, and I shit you not, that they told a Developer of a coin that they didn't know they had to unlock their wallet to send funds. That was a week ago, they still haven't sent any funds.

They tell the Dev's one thing, then tell the community a different story, then do nothing.

I've given up trying to trust BTer at this point. People can debate all they want about whether they are incompetent or criminal, but the bottom line is you shouldn't trust your money with them either way.