Author Topic: Question: Creating a Digital tokens for Controlled Access ?  (Read 1305 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
a) Absolutely possible, but would require your door lock to be either connected to the blockchain or receive regular updates of the blockchain
b) you cannot prevent anyone from handing over a private key .. it's just data. However you can prevent people from handing over a token.
c) definitely, you could have tokens like HOTEL.1DAY, HOTEL.2DAY ... etc .. and the countdown starts when the transaction to your account was first seen by the blockchain

However, I think the requirement of having the door lock connected to the internet/blockchain may result in some inefficiencies .. but you can gain from b) what is definitely not possible with regular RFID/magnetic-cards

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
a possible if your door has IoT properties or if there is a person that checks it manually

b and c are possible with multisig but maybe there is direct solution in graphene, i don' know.

Offline Average Guy on Street

• View Profile
That would be excellent!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I believe this all should be possible. (Perhaps not upon initial release of 2.0, but definitely once all the features are finished)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Average Guy on Street

• View Profile
Hi -  I'm not a developer, but I am curious if the following is possible with Bitshares?

Is it possible to create a digital token for the purpose of granting controlled access?

For example:
If I had a hotel, and were to rent a room to someone for a night.

a) Could I sell a digital token to someone that would act as a key to the hotel room?

b) And that, such a key would would not be transferable to another person? (security)

c) And that, such a key would have a time expiry (smart contract?), or the door could be reprogrammed not to accept the key (digital token)?

Cheers

PS: Overall, I'm just trying to understand the ability of Bitshares to provide token controlled access. I can think of several applications. 

Some applications you may want to grant the ability to transfer the digital token to another person — such as in the case of warranties for products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk