Author Topic: Bitshares Equivalent To NYSE?  (Read 2480 times)

BitEnthusiast

1] There will be LTC/BitUSD trading. I think that market will be smaller than LTC/(Some exchange).USD. Hopefully those markets are traded on Bitshares.
2] NYSE doesn't have a market cap of $16 trillion. The shares traded on it have a market cap of $16 trillion.  NYSE was purchased for $11 billion in 2013 .

1. I see
2. NYSE Euronext was purchased for $11Billion, I'm not saying wikipedia is the most reliable source for information, but it say's NYSE has a market cap of $16T according to wikipedia, other sources says $19.9T or 459,398,360,693 shares multiplied by $43.33 (June 2015)

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

The stocks trading on the exchange are worth that much. The exchange itself is worth $11B.

Yes but the NYSE does not have a backbone currency acting as collateral underlying all assets traded on the exchange.  Bitshares does and this could make the underlying bts worth trillions, even in today's dollars.

Let's hope that someday we do reach trillions in market cap.

Will Bitshares be the NYSE of cryptocurrency?
I can tell you this:

BitShares is NOT in New York

:P

LOL

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I can tell you this:

BitShares is NOT in New York

:P

Offline Helikopterben

• View Profile
1] There will be LTC/BitUSD trading. I think that market will be smaller than LTC/(Some exchange).USD. Hopefully those markets are traded on Bitshares.
2] NYSE doesn't have a market cap of $16 trillion. The shares traded on it have a market cap of $16 trillion.  NYSE was purchased for $11 billion in 2013 .

1. I see
2. NYSE Euronext was purchased for $11Billion, I'm not saying wikipedia is the most reliable source for information, but it say's NYSE has a market cap of $16T according to wikipedia, other sources says $19.9T or 459,398,360,693 shares multiplied by $43.33 (June 2015)

The stocks trading on the exchange are worth that much. The exchange itself is worth $11B.

Yes but the NYSE does not have a backbone currency acting as collateral underlying all assets traded on the exchange.  Bitshares does and this could make the underlying bts worth trillions, even in today's dollars.

BitEnthusiast

I stand corrected. Well in that case I hope Bitshares surpass the NYSE in market cap.

clout

1. I see

NYSE Euronext owned NYSE. NYSE Euronext was purchased by Intercontinental Exchange in 2013. NYSE's not a publicly traded company so it doesn't really have a market cap. The highest valued public exchange by market cap is Honk Kong Exchange and Clearing Ltd, which is valued at a little more than $30 billion.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

1. I see

BitEnthusiast

1. I see

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 11:56:10 pm by BitEnthusiast »

clout

1] I don't think that the cryptocurrency community will appreciate using bitassets to trade currencies.
2] Considering that cryptocurrencies will never have a $16 trillion market cap, probably not.

1) So does that mean no LTC/BitUSD or LTC/BitCNY etc.
2) I wasn't talking cryptocurrencies as a whole, I was talking Bitshares alone, but why don't you think any cryptocurrency will ever achieve a $16T market cap? From an investor's point of view don't you think that's a bad thing? I mean the NYSE did, does that make the NYSE better than the BTSDAE (Bitshares Digital Asset Exchange)?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I dont think that the goal is to replace other cryptos with bitassets.

The goal is to have exchanges publish orderbooks on the Bitshares Exchange Network, to enable trading of all cryptos without trusting a centralized exchange, avoiding hacks, etc.  Give users access to their own private keys, show proof of reserves, etc.

End users won't have to know that Bitshares is doing this, they will simply be using their exchange where they registered an account.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

BitEnthusiast

1] I don't think that the cryptocurrency community will appreciate using bitassets to trade currencies.
2] Considering that cryptocurrencies will never have a $16 trillion market cap, probably not.

1) So does that mean no LTC/BitUSD or LTC/BitCNY etc.
2) I wasn't talking cryptocurrencies as a whole, I was talking Bitshares alone, but why don't you think any cryptocurrency will ever achieve a $16T market cap? From an investor's point of view don't you think that's a bad thing? I mean the NYSE did, does that make the NYSE better than the BTSDAE (Bitshares Digital Asset Exchange)?

clout

BitEnthusiast

Will most cryptocurrencies be traded on the Bitshares decentralized exchange? I'm trying to wrap my head around this. My next question is will Bitshares ever achieve a $16 trillion dollar market cap? For lack of a bettet question.

clout

What does that even mean?  NYSE has been losing market share in the cash equities markets for the past decade. I'd rather that we weren't the NYSE of cryptocurrencies.

BitEnthusiast

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 02:58:06 pm by BitEnthusiast »