Author Topic: [ANN] MMC.1GH.COM - GPU mining, CPU mining ★  (Read 161143 times)

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
is the windows miner "stable"?  I've been getting a crash after about 5mins or so.  Even after applying the registry fix. 

windows 8.1
AMD 7970

if that helps at all lol
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Linux miner is now updated too, update fixes starting on 2G cards.

FWIW, I consistently get slightly higher results for all coins in Linux (same frequencies), but maybe it is just me and 7870 :)

Offline brko

• View Profile
Guys,

I have updated windows miner. Now it detects (does its best to) AMD OpenCL platform and uses it, and has some memory config detection improvements. Please redownload from the same place and report any further problems you may encounter.

With new miner, my r9 290 GPU usage stays at 100% longer,  before it was constantly falling to 0, now it falls to 0 every 30-45 sec.(and then back to 100)

When i was changing GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE before, when i runed your miner the 280x memory value was also changing now its:

280x: 3059744768
290:   3221225472

Is there maybe a way to get the 280x to the 3221225472 mem?
Did your hashrate also increase with the increased load?

Regarding displayed memory, it makes no real difference, as soon as the miner detects >2G, it uses a faster 1-pass algorithm, and that's to it.

Yes, it did a bit, now it is:

280x: 17.2hpm 19.2wpm --> wpm was 18
290:   20.7hpm 19.3wpm --> wpm was 18

280x is fluctuating between 85-99.

So, I guess, you have nothing to comlain about :) Just keep an eye on temperatures/fan speed, though.

Yep, thanks.:)

Here is the picture of temps and gpu load:

http://i.imgur.com/Y7tnnsK.jpg

Offline reorder

• View Profile
reorder any reason why an amd HD 5800 series gpu w/ 2GB would not work?  I run the batch and it just gives me rejects..
I can imagine some architecture-related reasons, but it would be a pure speculation, as I only have access to 7xxx and higher to test.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
reorder seems to be running here, no real obvious improvements
The fix is for people who had troubles starting the miner, if you had it already running, basically nothing is changed.

Offline marcthespot

• View Profile
reorder any reason why an amd HD 5800 series gpu w/ 2GB would not work?  I run the batch and it just gives me rejects..

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Guys,

I have updated windows miner. Now it detects (does its best to) AMD OpenCL platform and uses it, and has some memory config detection improvements. Please redownload from the same place and report any further problems you may encounter.

With new miner, my r9 290 GPU usage stays at 100% longer,  before it was constantly falling to 0, now it falls to 0 every 30-45 sec.(and then back to 100)

When i was changing GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE before, when i runed your miner the 280x memory value was also changing now its:

Regarding displayed memory, it makes no real difference, as soon as the miner detects >2G, it uses a faster 1-pass algorithm, and that's to it.

280x is fluctuating between 85-99.

So, I guess, you have nothing to comlain about :) Just keep an eye on temperatures/fan speed, though.

Offline marcthespot

• View Profile
reorder seems to be running here, no real obvious improvements

Offline brko

• View Profile
Guys,

280x is fluctuating between 85-99 GPU usage.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Guys,

reorder it appears the same version of the windows gpu miner is still on mmc.1gh.com did you update it there?
I have updated it for real, updated miner zipfile must be 6129065 bytes in size, please check if it is in your case.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Guys,

Offline x0rcist

• View Profile
Guys,

yup it detects my tahiti properly now, thanks!!

Offline marcthespot

• View Profile
Guys,

reorder it appears the same version of the windows gpu miner is still on mmc.1gh.com did you update it there?

Offline brko

• View Profile
Guys,

Offline brko

• View Profile
Guys,

Will do. Thanks a lot.:)